SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 15, 2010, 10:01 AM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
Fly-In
7th Annual JCSF Electric Fly-In 7/3 (Colts Neck, NJ)

Hey guys,

Wow, time sure has a way of flying by when you're busy. Hard to believe but it's fly-in season again, and the Jersey Coast Sport Fliers will again be hosting the Norm Hils Memorial Electric Fly-In on Saturday, July 3rd, at our beautiful flying field at Dorbrook Park in Colts Neck, NJ (Monmouth county).

For those of you who've made the trip out before, you know it's a great day of low-key flying and catching up with friends. We have an all-grass flying area with a large tree-free overfly area. We don't have electric on site so bring your own charging batteries. This is an AMA sanctioned event so please bring your membership card.

The landing fee for this event is $10, which includes lunch. Registration starts at 9am with open flying starting at 10am until around 7pm.

Please check our website at www.jcsportfliers.org for pics from last year. Directions and more info for the event will be posted shortly. If you have any questions feel free to send me a personal message.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing everyone on the 3rd!

Rob Kallok, CD
stangrob is online now Find More Posts by stangrob
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2010, 01:00 PM
Herndon, VA
Joined Oct 2005
1,470 Posts
I have not been able to wait, and continue not to be able to wait.
RE
Edmonds is offline Find More Posts by Edmonds
Old May 18, 2010, 10:22 AM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
Glad to hear you'll be making the trip again! You regularly get the unofficial long-distance award

Rob
Old May 18, 2010, 03:07 PM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Hatboro Pa.
Joined Feb 2005
856 Posts
Hey Rob looks like I am off that weekend this year. (its about time) So God willing I am coming.
Dave
Yellowspider is offline Find More Posts by Yellowspider
Old May 19, 2010, 07:00 AM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowspider View Post
Hey Rob looks like I am off that weekend this year. (its about time) So God willing I am coming.
Dave
Well, it's been a long time coming. Hope it finally happens this year

Rob
Old May 27, 2010, 01:44 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Can't wait Rob. At this moment the wife doesn't have anything on my calendar so hopefully the fellas and I will make it out again.

Missed 09 due to other events. Here is a pic of me from 08..

http://www.jcsportfliers.org/Electri...n%2008/028.jpg

That jet just doesn't seem to die.. LOL. It slid down the tree line at a 90 degree angle @ neat from about 300FT and nothing happened due to a quick pullup and a big bush.

Mark
livinma1 is online now Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 01, 2010, 03:54 PM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
Hey Mark,

Great news that you and the guys can hopefully make it again this year. I know in '09 we banged up against the Big Apple Jet Rally and I didn't want to have that happen again. Looking forward to catching up with you before NEAT

Rob
Old Jun 01, 2010, 05:55 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob View Post
Hey Mark,

Great news that you and the guys can hopefully make it again this year. I know in '09 we banged up against the Big Apple Jet Rally and I didn't want to have that happen again. Looking forward to catching up with you before NEAT

Rob
Yeah Rob.. My wife isn't going to be a happy camper. July 3rd your event, July 10th 3dhs throw down at xsubsailors field.

Can't wait Rob and yes all these events are great precursors to NEAT.

Yes.. This year I am not running the Jet rally and they are back to their normal date.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by livinma1; Jun 01, 2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2010, 11:55 PM
Herndon, VA
Joined Oct 2005
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob View Post
Hey Mark,

Rob
I liked it when that happened. It gave me a chance to go to the Rally for the first time. Of course, it might have been better to go to the Rally on Saturday, but it was fun watching practice activities and actually flying some myself on friday, and watching a decent slate of jets fly Sunday.
RE
Edmonds is offline Find More Posts by Edmonds
Old Jun 06, 2010, 08:09 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,050 Posts
I'm in. A few of the Bergen County guys will be coming too. We had a great time yesterday at the Lehigh Valley Ellis Grummer Memorial Fun Fly and it sounded like some of the guys there were coming to Colt's Neck too. You guys have a great field.

Mike
CarreraGTSCS is online now Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Jun 06, 2010, 08:28 PM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
1,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
I'm in. A few of the Bergen County guys will be coming too. We had a great time yesterday at the Lehigh Valley Ellis Grummer Memorial Fun Fly and it sounded like some of the guys there were coming to Colt's Neck too. You guys have a great field.

Mike
Awesome! Looks like we're going have a great turnout again this year

We'll have the field mowed nice and low for the event. We're trying to get the park folks to roll the field beforehand too - keeping my fingers crossed on that one

Rob
Old Jun 06, 2010, 11:05 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,050 Posts
You guys have a great field. Plenty of room for bigger planes and a nice bunch of guys. Bring some veggie burgers for me Rob! Can hardly wait.

Mike
CarreraGTSCS is online now Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:52 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Hatboro Pa.
Joined Feb 2005
856 Posts
Rob.
Do you have an address or GPS cords? I see where the field is using Mapquest and following your directions but it would be nice to have it in my GPS.
So far so good as far as work we are still off. But now that our suppliers say they are taking Monday off. We may be open Sat. Which means I will have to work Sat. and have Monday off. Call me crazy but I would rather have Sat. over Monday if it means a funfly.
Dave
Yellowspider is offline Find More Posts by Yellowspider
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:42 PM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
I've been waiting for you to put up the event! Looking to have the Agri Duck with me this year.Last year was my first time there and it was great.I couldn't belevie I would fly at a site that was completly open.If you want any tree's there behind the flight line We had a slight thunder shower.That was it.This is a great low key fly in.
stefanP
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:29 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
You guys have a great field. Plenty of room for bigger planes and a nice bunch of guys. Bring some veggie burgers for me Rob! Can hardly wait.

Mike
+1 Rob -- The last time I came the only thing I was able to eat was a bag of chips. I am not a hot dog or beef burger guy. This time I will just make some Turkey sandwiches..
RCG Plus Member