HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RogueTitan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 14, 2010, 02:23 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
Discussion
forum members tearing other forum members down

I will not mention names but I am starting to get pissed at some forum members who find it necessary to insult other members of of their designs for example one of our new members designed a biplane which looked very nice and another member made some insulting posts about the design.
There is no place for this kind of garbage here at RCG in fact there are forum rules which stipulate that those kinds of posts will not be tolerated so if you get a personal message that you have been repported for trolling then it was probably me who reported youso get over your high and mighty selves and act right.
That is all, Have a Nice day
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old May 14, 2010, 02:37 PM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,445 Posts
well put RogueTitan, i have nothing but envy for anyone who can design and build their own creation, who cares if it does not conform to a " normal " flyer, i think the whole idea of scratchbuilding was for experimentation in size, shape, power ect, so for me anything that people design on here is a thing of wonder,
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Old May 14, 2010, 02:44 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
I agree with titan. he said the right thing, bringing this out. I've seen plenty of people who make atempts to design their own stuff, and I give them kind words, encouragement, etc. I see no need to insulting.
Rusty-Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
Old May 14, 2010, 03:30 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,144 Posts
I have been seeing it lately too. I see no reason - EVER - for someone in this forum to be rude or insulting to anyone on this forum.

Even if it is one of those "buy cheap drugs" spammers. There is no reason ever to go the low road.

Just report them and if you really NEED to comment just say that this might not be the best place for that.

We don't need RCG to become a "console gaming forum" style loserfest. I know this because i have been a member on some forums that have turned into that.

So keep it happy peeps! Flying season is here!
SGTalon is online now Find More Posts by SGTalon
Old May 14, 2010, 04:42 PM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,445 Posts
just wanted to add that all you guys who design and build their own have to start somewhere, the only way the best designers on here have got so good is by making their first one with some flaws, then their second is better and so on untill we have the experts who are on here today, we should be encouraging the new designers and builders because in time they will take over from the top guys someday, and without these people i would'nt have anything to copy and fly, and give me so many grins on my face everytime i fly, so you new designers dont let them discourage you, just keep up the good work
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Old May 15, 2010, 10:22 AM
Iranair
Joined Aug 2007
585 Posts
Believe me. I escaped from it, and it always start somewhere!!

Hi RogueTitan

With a lot of respect to you and all others who hopefully and eventully
come to see this post.

RogueTitan, what i dont understand is anyone promoting making problems for others, because they have a opinion?!?, But in the same time if you go on
the internet, then you can see yourself that there are whiselblowers(these days) who are Herro's in my and many people's eyes. GOD BLESS THEM.

So as you can see there is a fine line here. Mostly people can figure
out, and be friends again, but if we start scaring each other, then that
IS the first step to tyranny.

I had to add this. For thoes of you who might dont know what happens and how these things starts. We the people do it to our self. People start selling each other out. In Iran, if you listened to music you could get in lot of trouble. Its not because of music, its because of finding rolls to scare us, and to show us our place. Is someone is Ignorent or being payed to be, Clever people dont change a holl Society because of few.........
That's it, and i am out.........
So Please Remember the Fine Line.

This is a scratchbuild thread, so i stop there.

Bless you all
SoliSab is offline Find More Posts by SoliSab
Last edited by SoliSab; May 16, 2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old May 15, 2010, 11:15 AM
Can't fail if u don't try...
Toronto, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggit View Post
just wanted to add that all you guys who design and build their own have to start somewhere, the only way the best designers on here have got so good is by making their first one with some flaws, then their second is better and so on untill we have the experts who are on here today, we should be encouraging the new designers and builders because in time they will take over from the top guys someday, and without these people i would'nt have anything to copy and fly, and give me so many grins on my face everytime i fly, so you new designers dont let them discourage you, just keep up the good work
carl
I sure appreciate your word of wisdom my friend, for myself beeing laught at my own twin motor electric bipe infineon, so lets hope it will fly and if it dosent i will try again and again till it fly...
I like to try new ways of doing thing, I have to confess that 80% of my fun is to build the plane and the remaining 20% to fly it.
So thank you for the tap on the back...

Capt. Roy D. Retired
pathfinder67 is offline Find More Posts by pathfinder67
Old May 15, 2010, 11:56 AM
Right turn, right...ouch!
Cromwell, IN
Joined Jul 2007
228 Posts
My mother always used to say "if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all". I agree whole heartedly, constructive critisizm is one thing, but it can be expressed "politely" not mean and rudely. And to those who like to flame just to be mean, remember that those with knowledge might not share that knowledge when they find out what kind of person you like to be.
Meldrac is offline Find More Posts by Meldrac
Old May 15, 2010, 01:41 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,437 Posts
You might also remember that there are RCG rules about what is posted in each forum. This forum is supposed to be about scratchbuilding with foam...it's not a forum dedicated to correcting other RCG members and telling them how you want them to behave.

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old May 15, 2010, 01:52 PM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
the mods are free to remove this thread if they see fit
Old May 15, 2010, 03:49 PM
Scott R/C Time Pilot
NorthBend/Coos Bay,Oregon USA
Joined Dec 2009
1,492 Posts
I am with you Titan, I saw the same thread and the one member was very discouraging. But the worst is that the member kept justifying his comments in recurring posts. Mean is mean period.

Scott
orange&white is offline Find More Posts by orange&white
Old May 16, 2010, 04:19 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,252 Posts
Have a look at the "Boeing PT-17 Stearman Semi-Scale Foamie" thread: Posts #18 and #19
Now, I have been assuming I'm the subject of Rogue Titan"s thread, and the other grumpy comments here, but perhaps that's not so.
If it *is* so, do you think an apology is in order?
Whiskers is online now Find More Posts by Whiskers
Last edited by Whiskers; May 16, 2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old May 16, 2010, 05:52 PM
Foam Av8r
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=20
Old May 16, 2010, 06:58 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,252 Posts
Thanks RT.
It's easy to see how the misunderstanding came about.
All cool now...
Whiskers is online now Find More Posts by Whiskers
Old Jun 05, 2010, 03:26 PM
Scratch Building Lives
Columbia, SC
Joined Jul 2006
195 Posts
I have posted to RogueTitan's threads and he is very forthcoming with his observations and opinions. I think what he is saying is criticism should be applied positively. We want to encourage enthusiasm for RC models, not rain on someone's parade. I have to admit, I have gotten sarcastic with several posters on various threads. But it really didn't help anyone. The golden rule of behavior should apply: don't say something to another person that is needlessly offensive.
voyager2lcats is offline Find More Posts by voyager2lcats