HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by aerophilia, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 13, 2010, 01:22 AM
building building building!
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
5,047 Posts
Discussion
may 8 update

Well I got a phone call from Mum Thursday afternoon 6th May saying I should come up and see Dad. It was now the time to talk to Dad before it was too late. There was a lot of crying, which funnily enough made everyone feel a lot better. I'm glad I came. I've learnt a lot about Dad in the last 2 days and so glad we talked about the things we did. Now that all that hard stuff is out of the way it's great to just be able to sit and spend time with him when he is awake, and enjoy it. It's really important to me to have this time with dad filled with good memories. Honesty and truth are good for the soul.

Now, I know you're all wondering how the plane is. It flies beautifully!! Managed to put the last few bits on the floats up at Mum and Dads place and we flew it late yesterday. Tracked on the water incredibly straight. Was beautiful to watch once it got up on step. Landings are a little tricky as the floats don't extend very far past the front of the fuse. Nose overs are pretty easy. But it self rights itself which is very lucky. I have a few pics and a video to upload when I get home tonight.

Getting this plane in the air with Dad watching was incredibly satisfying. It's been a wonderful couple of days.

Love you Dad.
aerophilia is online now Find More Posts by aerophilia
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2010, 01:54 AM
michigan
Joined Apr 2009
149 Posts
I am sure you are making your father very happy inside and out to get to spend time with his son and family enjoying each other and learning about each other and sharing good times. I just want to say good job, and please don't take life for granted, Live it to the fullest I am 56 years old and my son is 30 and we just started flying planes together last year and loving it
for the time we get to spend together. I am sure your father loves you back
for just being there with him
jlions72 is offline Find More Posts by jlions72