HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by LittleG, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:01 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
Discussion
Micro Helicopters - Eflite Blade MSR & Syma S107

Well, I believe I've caught the heli-bug. The UPS man delivered my Blade MSR yesterday... I'll tell you, it is so much fun and sooo easy to fly once you get it setup correctly. After going through several forums on what is the optimal DX7 setup for the Blade MSR, I found the attached pdf file of the DX7 settings for Blade MSR (from helifreak forum) to be the most easy to follow and the settings make the Blade MSR to fly very docile because without it, the Blade MSR can be a handful to fly... I actually bound it with my DX7 straight out of the box, attempted to fly it and , boy, it was definitely a handful to fly..

Background: I bought a CX2 a while back ago, I believe it was in 2008 when I purchased it at a local hobby shop, and I flew it a few times then my heli interest kind of just went away after a while. Recently, a co-worker of mine showed me a Blade MCX and after seeing this little booger fly, it rekindled my interest... In fact, I was going to sell my Blade CX2 to this co-worker... Well, needless to say, I kept the darn CX2 and started playing with it again; thus, starting a blog on it to capture information about setups and hop-ups.

Since the Blade MSR, I've assimilated myself in anything that is micro heli... A friend introduced me to the Syma S107, a really inexpensive toy micro heli. For 20 bucks plus shipping, you can't beat it, so I ordered one. I hope she performs as expected since everyone who has one has said that it flies well.

The S107 came in the mail this past Memorial Day weekend and like everyone has said she flies and performs very well... Excellent buy for only 20 bucks...

Vendors:
Spare parts for Syma 107

Modifications:
Battery upgrade for Syma 107 by killbucket

Useful Information:
Celectra 4-Port Charger modification
How to Replace the Blade mSR Tail Boom and Tail Motor Assembly
BLADE Msr TUNE UP COMMON PROBLEMS AND HOW TO FIX GUIDE
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Last edited by LittleG; Feb 24, 2012 at 06:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2010, 12:35 PM
Wallington, New Jersey, USA
Joined Apr 2010
260 Posts
FYI: My story is similar (no co-worker, though :-) ). After flying the heck out of the mSR, moving on to collective pitch helis was SO easy. I flew the mSR in heavy wind where I could barely keep it up in the air, that's great for improving your skills!
hugofly is offline Find More Posts by hugofly
Old May 12, 2010, 12:48 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
I will fly it inside until I get the hang of it to point that I can zip it around the house without even having to worry about crashing... I can imagine flying it outside in high winds, it must be such a rush trying to keep up with it especially if you happen to fly it downwind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugofly View Post
FYI: My story is similar (no co-worker, though :-) ). After flying the heck out of the mSR, moving on to collective pitch helis was SO easy. I flew the mSR in heavy wind where I could barely keep it up in the air, that's great for improving your skills!
Old May 12, 2010, 02:31 PM
Wallington, New Jersey, USA
Joined Apr 2010
260 Posts
Yes, it is a rush to fly it in the wind! What makes the mSR such a great trainer is the fact that whilst it's fast and therefore can handle wind, it is so light that if you crash it into the grass, it won't break. At least mine didn't, and I flew it high up, high speed, lost orientation, cut the throttle, it dropped into the grass from at least 30 or 40 feet altitude and I picked it up and flew again right away. After my 2nd flight with my E-Flite Blade 400 (which I bought used a few weeks ago), the same happened, but it took me about 3 hours to repair everything. :-) I'm an airplane guy, had flown a coax heli (ESky Lama) for a while, lost interest, then the mSR came out, I bought it last year, put about 40 flights on it, lots of them outside and then I decided that I wanted a collective pitch heli. I'm hooked! I fly my Blade 400 (and Furion 450 :-) ) like the mSR, so no flips, loops, inverted or anything like that. Just fast forward, steep turns, and hammer heads.
hugofly is offline Find More Posts by hugofly
Old Jun 01, 2010, 03:54 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,533 Posts
S107 arrived!

My S107 has finally arrived...