SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 12, 2010, 01:02 AM
Joined Jan 2010
4 Posts
Discussion
Tamiya TT-01, TT-01D, TT-01E, TT-01R???

just wandering what to get? i'm relatively new to the whole RC Cars thing, having helis and planes before, i'm trying to work out what the better chassis to buy would be, out of the options above, and what are the differences?

i'm aware the D, E & R are various upgrades, i've seen a type e drift chassis out there but it's all getting a bit confusing.

i'd like a chassis that's good for racing and ok for drifting with the addition drift tyres perhaps.

help, my mind's gone to mush.......
hijact is offline Find More Posts by hijact
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2010, 04:47 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2010
41 Posts
I have a TT01 Coppermix RTR, i believe its the TT01E. I use it for drifting and personally love it. Not sure what you're planning on doing to it modification wise, i read the Budget racer page and he had some good insight: http://www.ultimatetamiya.com/projec...-budget-racer/

Keep in mind that everyone has their different opinions about everything. I'm planning on getting a Novak Brushless system sometime this week and playing Dr.Frankenstein with some odds and ends laying around the garage. Let me know what you deceide on. Amazon has great deals on the RTR's if you dont have time like me to sit and build. If i remember i got the Coppermix for $206 w/free shipping.
USCG is offline Find More Posts by USCG