HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by HomeDaddy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 01:22 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
SO true, Diggs...everyone was vaping, it seems. Nathan's linear regulator was the bomb, or it looked like one seriously, it was nice, and Carrie's dual coils did just fine for me. The tanks were pretty handy, and King Vapes has them as well...I am sure it won't be long before I have to grab one of them, since I spend allot of time each day in a vehicle. DOn't wanna have to explain dripping as the reason for a wreck, lol!
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:38 PM
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
Loving me some custom blend Mtn Dew..and it didn't steep long, only a week.. Should be even better next week!
Old Sep 02, 2011, 01:56 PM
End of an Era.....
Hodges Hobbies...well 8 miles from there!!!
Joined Mar 2004
2,858 Posts
I just got me a new 1000 mAh eGo passthru battery (in metallic blue!)after dropping my standard eGo once to many times! Lasts ALL day on a charge! I love it!!
Tha Hodgehound is offline Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2011, 10:22 PM
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
SO I had a burnt taste with my atty today and started looking around to see what might have caused it. I was being anal about keeping it saturated with juice, so I was pretty sure it wasn't toasted after only 2 days of use.

I stumbled across one thread on ECF (I think) that talked about the 510 attys and the wick..anyway, the guy did a video showing how to remove the wick and the bridge. I figured I had nothing to loose, so I got the tools together and took the wick out. After blowing it out good, I dripped in a couple of drops of watermelon, and BAM, what a difference! The burnt taste was gone and man o man, what a flavor! Much improved! You have to be a little more diligent about not setting it in a position where the juice can drain out, but it was well worth it for the taste. Seems to give more vapor, too.

I also tried it with my coffee juice and whaddya know, it tasted like coffee, instead of caramel. Coffee with a little sugar and a touch of cream to be exact.

The 900mah battery lasted well into the evening, so I am pretty happy with that. I am making a wish list of stuff...USB pass thru, VV mod(which I will build..not buying a kit for something so simple) A tank (gonna build that to) and I am thinking I might get a clearomizer or two, just in case. I figure the clearomizer would look less threatening to "outsiders" than a tank mod..
Old Sep 03, 2011, 09:32 AM
End of an Era.....
Joined Mar 2004
2,858 Posts
Yup! That was the first thing I would do to all my attys when I got them. But I found out that I could just de-wick them, leaving the bridge in and not have to drip quite as often. I think the mesh of the bridge holds just a bit more juice. But now I only use cartos with the exception of one atty I use to sample flavors with.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2011, 11:18 AM
Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Joined Aug 2007
1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispintechno View Post
Wish Canada would lighten up so I could walk to the store and buy something different locally. Stupid tobacco taxes.
Sorry, I'm interjecting here for the benefit of the Canadians in the thread:

eVape Canada. http://evape.ca/

It's the only retail store in Canada that sells e-cig stuff, located in Wasaga Beach, Ontario, with affiliates in Barrie, Ottawa, Alberta, and I think BC and New Brunswick now.

I know the owner (grew up with the guy), he's a very, very good friend of mine and is really passionate about his business. If you're in Canada and looking for ecigs give him a call (or take a drive up to Wasaga!)
kalnaren is offline Find More Posts by kalnaren
Old Sep 10, 2011, 09:43 PM
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
A trip to King Vapes (www.kingvapes.com) today was productive. It's nice having a shop just a few miles from the house to get vaping supplies..and it is close to the hobby shop too!

I got some XL clearomizers to try out, and I am liking them...much safer than dripping and driving, and the taste isn't that much different from dripping. I also got some new juice to try, Key Lime Freeze and Blueberry. Both are VERY tasty..and I am thinking I need to get some waffle to mix with the blueberry.

I haven't had any tobacco for over a week, now..no cigarettes or dip! I haven't really wanted an analog, but I have wanted a dip a few times..I am hoping once my green apple juice gets here, I can curb the dip desire (I used to dip Skoal apple blend..)

I can already feel a difference..I can taste again and I feel better already. This is turning out very well so far. I can't remember the last time I went this long with no tobacco.

Tim
AG4RZ
Old Sep 28, 2011, 06:41 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
About a year ago I tried to quit with a 901 but it wouldn't cut it. I got an EGO-T with some ry4 juice and have yet to smoke an analog since Sunday I tried out one of these http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=521 today that a buddy has and I went home and ordered one Gonna give my wife the ego-t so she can quit. Crazy how only after 3 day's cigarettes stink terribly bad

Oh for those that don't think these work I was a 2 pack a day smoker
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Sep 28, 2011, 06:48 PM
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
It has been a month since I had an analog...and I feel pretty darn good. No weight gain, and I can breathe and taste again. I am very impressed with the effectiveness of E-Cigs. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to quit...just take the time to find the system that works for you, as well as some flavors you like!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 02:43 PM
End of an Era.....
Joined Mar 2004
2,858 Posts
Great Job!! And it only gets better!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:23 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
10 day's and counting Got some Apple Pie in my pv at the moment
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:30 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Things have been slow around here and I thought I would post an update of what I just found and tried.

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=7859

This is a variable voltage (VV) battery for the Ego and 510. I just tried this out with this cartomizer..

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php...oducts_id=7800

Not trying to advertise for Healthcabin, I am sure these are likely available at other locations, but this is where I got mine.

The VV battery set at 3.7 or 4.2 really hits hard with the cartomizer, and I must say I like the taste. Not sure if I like it as much as dripping, but it does provide a very clean hit and I can see this becoming my driving vape since I dont have to drip and drive except for very long trips. I haven't tried the VV battery on a regular low res ego atty yet, but I think that is going to work well also. No clue how well the batts will hold up, but with the meter and variable voltage option, I am sold on these. Will give these a go for a while and if they hold up, will likely order a few more and make them my standard batt.

Happy Vaping,

9 months tobacco free!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Dec 22, 2011, 07:58 AM
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
I love those cartos, Diggs...Good taste and no leaks. Hadn't seen those batteries before, but I like it. If they hold up well, then they will beat mod boxes hands down.

4 months tobacco free

Tim