SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by HomeDaddy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:11 PM
Foam is good.
Tucker, GA
Joined Dec 2007
2,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
So what exactly is a cartomizer?.... I still haven't tried one, but I don't know what it does.

Diggs
It's an atomizer and a cart all in one. Holds about 25 drops of juice and you can refill it. Very convenient. I usually get 5-10 refills before i chuck em. I'm sure somebody makes them for the 901. I'll let you know.

Edit: looks like you can buy a 901 to 510 adapter but I don't see anyone making 901 cartomizers.

John
HomeDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HomeDaddy
Last edited by HomeDaddy; May 11, 2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:13 PM
Foam is good.
Tucker, GA
Joined Dec 2007
2,428 Posts
BTW, if you guys ever order from dietsmokes, i have a 10% coupon code for my flying buddies.

The code is: homedaddy
Old May 11, 2010, 08:19 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDaddy View Post
It's an atomizer and a cart all in one. Holds about 25 drops of juice and you can refill it. Very convenient. I usually get 5-10 refills before i chuck em. I'm sure somebody makes them for the 901. I'll let you know.

John
So, if I have a 510 adapter for my USB passthrough, I should be good to go right? I think I have one that I have never used since I never seem to use the 510 attys anymore.

The 510's I bought from Rocky Mnt Vapor (2 of them) just didn't perform well. I have read others experience with them have been good, but the 901 really put the 510 to shame in my limited tests. I had one really good 801 atty that kicked like a mule, but that was one out of like 6 801 attys, the rest just didn't perform. The one thing I hate about E-cigs is the lack of consistency. The 901 seemed to be the most consistent for me as well, as I have yet to have a 901 atty that didn't perform well, but I have had a few that didn't last very long.

If I have an 801 to 501 adapter, I will pick some up and try them out on my USB PT.

Thanks for the info HD

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old May 11, 2010, 08:51 PM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,145 Posts
e-cig on a planes AKA
Vapes on a Plane
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old May 11, 2010, 08:52 PM
Foam is good.
Tucker, GA
Joined Dec 2007
2,428 Posts
Stealth style!! Anyone asks, tell them you have asthma.
Old May 11, 2010, 09:03 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,145 Posts
yeah, I do it everywhere.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
Old May 11, 2010, 09:32 PM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,145 Posts
Call it your nicotine inhaler.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old May 12, 2010, 07:03 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
if you have to and dont want to test the social part of it just go to the restroom it will not trip the smoke detector...
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old May 16, 2010, 12:06 AM
End of an Era.....
Hodges Hobbies...well 8 miles from there!!!
Joined Mar 2004
2,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
I have had zero problems ordering from them, and have spent probably had 5 orders if not more. Speed depends on the shipping you chose just like from Hobby King. But if you do the fast shipping, the longest I have waited is a week and a half. The cheap shipping has taken at most 3 weeks, but is sometimes as fast as a week and a half. I typically order when I don't need the stuff and do the slower cheaper shipping to save a few bucks. Customs has never been a problem.

Diggs
cool!
Tha Hodgehound is offline Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
RCG Plus Member
Old May 16, 2010, 09:30 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Ok fellas. I am looking at getting the DSE901 and am baffled by the choices of accessories etc. What should I get to keep me in smoke
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old May 16, 2010, 09:37 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
Ok fellas. I am looking at getting the DSE901 and am baffled by the choices of accessories etc. What should I get to keep me in smoke
Wow, lots of factors there. Can you narrow down the "Confused part" a bit?

Here are some basics. Automatic vs Manual. This really refers to the battery, and a manual one has the button, automatic does not. Most feel the Manual versions are best, but I actually like to have some Automatics so I can smoke/vape easier when driving and flying the radian.

USB pass through cables... Like all the stuff with E-cigs, the quality is hit or miss. The spendy ones from Vaprlife and Puresmoker are well worth the expense IMO.

Liquids... Get a few, try them, stick with what you like. RY4/Ruyan 4 seems to be one that everyone likes. However, beware flavor fatigue. It is odd, but after you use a certain flavor for extended times, it gets to where you can't taste it. So I use a couple of flavors so I can rotate them.

GL,

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old May 16, 2010, 09:48 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
What I really need to know is what I need to order. 901, USB charger, carts, etc. Recommended setup for a noob if you will and not have to reorder later
Old May 16, 2010, 10:05 PM
Foam is good.
Tucker, GA
Joined Dec 2007
2,428 Posts
Many folks start out with a Joye 510, also called a Titan or a Dura. You can get them most anywhere. Get some blank cartridges and some juices and that will get you started. Tobacco flavored juice best to start. Marlboro, Camel, 555, RY4, Flue cured, etc. I started out with and still like 555 from awesomevapor.com.

The same info applies to all basic models like DSE 801, 901, etc. Get extra carts and maybe even a spare atomizer or two. You could also go for a two piece setup using cartomizers. Cartomizers are disposable and combine the atomizer and cart into one unit. For the money, the eGo/Tornado is the best bang for the buck. Same as a 510 but the batteries are 650mah vs. 150mah on the basic 510. My .02.

John
Old May 17, 2010, 11:07 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Think I'm gonna order from stateside
Last edited by bildo baggins; May 17, 2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old May 17, 2010, 06:28 PM
End of an Era.....
Hodges Hobbies...well 8 miles from there!!!
Joined Mar 2004
2,859 Posts
banana is kinda tasty! think I'm gonna get a bottle of apple or something with NO nic!!!

Diggs, I'm gonna copy ur mod I think. I got a 1500 3 cell I can use!
Tha Hodgehound is offline Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
RCG Plus Member