HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Rickyd863, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:07 AM
USA, KY, Louisville/Jefferson County
Joined Feb 2010
30 Posts
Discussion
Crash #2

May 7th
Well, i decided to straighted the boom an try again. I would take it slow and easy and just try to get to hover height and then land and replace the boom from the previous wreck. I knew the tail would have a vibration, but decided that this would not be enough to hurt my purposes.
I put the new training gear on, using all 6 positions for the struts. Better safe then sorry. I have been taking my time on this due to me wanting to fly , not crash all the time. I do not mind repairing but i , at least want the flying time to balance out to the "+" side.
Mistake #2
I got the trex to the 2' mark and found that i could control it reasonably well. decided to try higher, about 10' or so. all went well. Then i had to turn it due to some trees being on the opposite side of the trex from me and i did not want to get close. now, this is where me being green comes into play. I did get it turned and orientated correctly. i forgot the part about if you move the controls in normal direction, it will be reversed if the heli is facing you. I tried to correct this but all I did is over correct. this was from me being green and my rates are still too high. Again it took a dive. I did hit the hold immediately. the heli took a dive again. The end results are:
1: Training gear hub snapped again.
2:The main blades are damaged. You can see the foam throught he split in the seam of both blades{align CF}.
3:Tail blades snapped off{plastic}.
4: Tail boom bent in 2 places.Looks like a "C"
5: Tail blade shaft bent.

I came into this hobby with my eyes open so i do have all the tools, parts, etc on hand for a repair.

I have already repaired the tail boom and tail shaft. but i am taking my time always..

But the surprising part is that i have definitely found that this is the hobby for me. You might ask how or maybe already know the answer. I took the first step from simulator to real thing and enjoyed it, even if it only lasted a few seconds. BUT the add-on is that i enjoyed the repair almost as much.
I also am tinkering on building an aluminum landing gear for my CX3 due to the brace always breaking on me. I thin kit will have enough power for this, but we will see.Using 1/8" aluminum brazing rods and aluminum paste to solder together, the dremel to drill mounting holes. might work , might not..but fun.
Also continuing the repairs on the trex.
When i get done typing this, i will go to shop and level the tail block.

see ya.
Rickyd863 is offline Find More Posts by Rickyd863
to remove ads between posts