HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2003, 02:05 PM
Honolulu Intl, Hawaii, United States
Joined Feb 2003
1,502 Posts
Micro V Canopy or other canopies for Voyager E?

Anyone know where I could get a "micro v" canopy or have any input on other canopies available for the Voyager E?'

I tried http://www.salsgiver.com/people/skiron/microv.htm for the micro v canopy but nobody responds to my emails for over a week and I tried calling the number a couple of times with no answer. Anywhere else? Any other canopies out? I'd like to pick up a cool canopy.
Astro30 is offline Find More Posts by Astro30
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2003, 02:26 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,796 Posts
I think the Kyosho EP canpop fits, and Cyberheli has all the scale ones.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Jun 09, 2003, 02:39 PM
Joined Mar 2003
12 Posts
The Micro V is a great canopy and is worth the wait. They don't seem to be all that speedy about shipping them though or responding to requests. I ordered one about 3 weeks ago and he still has not even been billed to my account yet. I did call to confirm he got my request and he said he was just busy and had not had any time to ship yet and my accout would not be billed till then. So, I guess the conclusion is if you want a Micro V order a month in advance.
jrhelicopters is offline Find More Posts by jrhelicopters
Old Jun 09, 2003, 02:41 PM
Joined Feb 2003
1,502 Posts
Man, I should've ordered one a month ago then, hehe. Well, he hasn't even gotten back to me to take my order for over a week, does that count as part of the time?

Thanks Fred, I checked out CyberHeli's site but can't seem to come up with anything, I tried "canopy" under search and "fuselage" but just shows thunder tiger, vario and excel canopies.
Old Jun 09, 2003, 03:14 PM
Joined Mar 2003
12 Posts
Yeah, he at least responded to my phone call. Are you calling between the times EST? I could not get a respponse when I called at 4:00. (Then I realized it was EST not MST).
jrhelicopters is offline Find More Posts by jrhelicopters
Old Jun 09, 2003, 04:00 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,908 Posts
There are two retailers for the Micro V at the bottom of the page:

http://www.salsgiver.com/people/skiron/microv.htm

One lists a phone number the other an e-mail address. Are these the two that you tried?

GMRO here on Ezone is responsible for the canopy. He will probably be commenting soon.

I tried this canopy on my Corona. Unfortunately it was too big. Ended up sending it back. I don't recall having a problem getting in touch with the retailer that I bought it from.
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Jun 09, 2003, 05:27 PM
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Sep 2001
6,184 Posts
I just finished mine this weekend mainly due to not having the time to finish it until now. Mine took a week to get a response too as well then 2 or so days to ship. I like this canopy much better than the stock one....
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Jun 09, 2003, 07:07 PM
Russellton, PA
Joined Oct 2002
1,021 Posts
Hey Mike!

Nice job on the Micro-V! Looks super on your V-E. And you gots the Thunder Power cells too... : AWESOME!

I don't have a paypal account guys but I will make arrangements tomorrow with a good friend who does for those who want to buy from me direct. I guess BigTim @ RWC is busy.

The price will be the same as the web page shows plus shipping. I'm not sure what priority mail costs... $5.50 to $6.00 USD in the USA only? It's not a heavy package but it's a little bulky, as the 2 canopy halves can't be smashed too tightly.

Either way, I have plenty of Micro-V canopies all ready to ship. I'll post more tomorrow once I speak with my buddy. I would say I could ship by Wednesday and Thursday this week for those who make the transaction into his account by 10AM Thursday EST this way I can get them to the post office for shipping. I'm off Friday so none after that since I'll be away on a short vacation.

Sorry for the delay guys...it's not a production issue as I've said there are plenty made waiting to ship.

Ron Osinski
aka - GMRO
GMRO is online now Find More Posts by GMRO
Old Jun 10, 2003, 02:00 AM
Joined Feb 2003
1,502 Posts
Hey Cactus you dirty guy! Why you gotta rub it in?

that looks sweet, all the more reason I want one.

The Micro V canopy, btw, has to be glued together? I would like to paint it from the inside so the paint is more durable, how is that done if it's glued? Maybe paint first, then glue together? Does it hold together properly that way I'd assume the glue would be only as strong as the adhesion of the paint to the canopy if it's glued afterward. I'm curious, how you done it so nice and clean.

Very Nice. I really dig it, looks like a whole different chopper there Cactus. You're right, that looks a lot better than the stock one. How's the cooling with your motor without the lower hole?

GMRO--- Hoooook me Uppp man That would be great. I really appreciate it.
I'm paypal ready, just give me the paypal addy and I'll send funds over right away.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 08:47 AM
Russellton, PA
Joined Oct 2002
1,021 Posts
I just checked with my buddy and he is game.

SO paypal $30.95 USD to his account and I will ship by the following day (1) Micro-V canopy. Price includes shipping via prioriety mail and box. Paypal to: mspina@core.com

Then e-mail me your shipping address and I will ship out the canopy the next day once my buddy gives me the go-ahead.

I can only ship to the lower 48 states at this point. This was the whole reason for setting up distributors...but no problem. I'd like you guys to get them with the least amount of trouble.

My e-mail is skiron@salsgiver.com - send your shipping address to me.

Ron Osinski
aka - GMRO
Old Jun 10, 2003, 10:12 AM
Portland, Maine
Joined Aug 2002
758 Posts
Bounty of projects lately...

Well it seems I have had a ton of projects lately.. every night I have worked on something different lol.

I will post some pics tonight of the new 'look' my VE is taking on.

I wonder what it is going to be tomorrow? lol
IncredibleITGuy is offline Find More Posts by IncredibleITGuy
Old Jun 10, 2003, 11:36 AM
Joined Feb 2003
1,502 Posts
Hey GMRO, I live in Hawaii, is that ok.?? Shipping should be the same via Priority mail.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 08:48 PM
Russellton, PA
Joined Oct 2002
1,021 Posts
Sure Astro,

I'll take an extra one to work with me tomorrow and plan to ship it if you can paypal and send your address to my e-mail by 11AM EST. I already am shipping another one out tomorrow to Texas as well. If not, I'll ship it by Wednesday once I get notified the cash has been transferred.

Ron Osinski
aka - GMRO
Old Jun 10, 2003, 11:16 PM
Joined Feb 2003
1,502 Posts
Money sent!
Old Jun 11, 2003, 12:26 AM
Portland, Maine
Joined Aug 2002