HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2010, 04:23 AM
Joined Nov 2008
24 Posts
Discussion
Lanxiang A-10

Hey guys, lookie what I found. I've been quietly peeking around the forums for a nice big A-10 to pick up. I've come across the Starmax A-10 and the J-Power A-10. So far I really like the J-Power version simply because it's getting more positive reviews. I've heard the the Starmax A-10 is really touchy and doesn't have very good retract. Anyhoo! I found this the other day. I'm not quite sure if I feel the paint scheme though, it looks a lil too metallic to me. What do you guys think?

http://www.lxhm.us/en/products_show....&id=168&flag=0
filipinolegacy is offline Find More Posts by filipinolegacy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2010, 05:34 AM
near the Beach
Joined Sep 2007
664 Posts
2 x 6S at last!

Good size - Wingspan 1500mm, 2300g, EDF2x70mm, length 1142mm
2x50A, 12 9g servos, 2x2900kv 5200mah 9ch radio

I am with you and the fake silver look. I'd prefer them in Low Vis grey like all the a-10s in theatre or just unpainted white kits.

Interesting to see a bunch of 70mm twins coming from the Shenzhen Lanxiang Model Aircraft Co. this year - finally 2x6S as I suspect this is, which means the kit's ESCs might actually be usable. Nice.
AlouetteIII is offline Find More Posts by AlouetteIII
Site Sponsor
Old May 11, 2010, 11:03 PM
Joined Nov 2008
24 Posts
Me too. I was looking for a more subtle gray. It looks like its going to have full functional rudders and I would imagine flaps as well. You really think it's going to be a 2x6s setup? I'm a bit new to this but that means 2 6 cell lipos in parallel right?
Old May 11, 2010, 11:27 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,842 Posts
For the record, I really like the LX jets. After looking at the photos, the canopy looks too big and landing gear is way too small. I'm sure they will offer more scale paint options but they need to beef up the gear.

Tony
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2010, 12:23 AM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
wow thats seriously the gear?
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick
Old May 12, 2010, 04:20 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,069 Posts
I will be happy when I see one with a functioning Gatling gun.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old May 12, 2010, 07:04 AM
near the Beach
Joined Sep 2007
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipinolegacy View Post
Me too. I was looking for a more subtle gray. It looks like its going to have full functional rudders and I would imagine flaps as well. You really think it's going to be a 2x6s setup? I'm a bit new to this but that means 2 6 cell lipos in parallel right?
For a long time the RC EDF world was dominated by the ugly 3S LiPo princess who ate fat amp cakes all day long, and demanded big wires, big amp ESCs jesters in her court and high kva donks with very few turns in their heads. This situation was even worse in a TWIN EDF like the A-10 where the poor LiPo was sucked dead by silly amps x 2. Finally somebody realised that 6S LiPos where common fare across the kingdom (thanks to our ugly helicopter uak clans) and 'just maybe' we EDF 'right stuff' guys could use them - This meant that on 6S 70mm pushing 2x600w = 1200W (a nice lazy number) would only need to supply 48amps at WOT. So 2x40amp ESC having a lazy lunch.

Of course the hazy ministerial advisers who lobbied to promote the sales of big 'C' LiPos and Big Fat ESC's for the profits of their sponsors saw fit to prolong the life of 3S and then 4S twins - until Frodo thru the ring into the volcano and the dark forces were overrun.
AlouetteIII is offline Find More Posts by AlouetteIII
Site Sponsor
Old May 12, 2010, 09:39 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
5,685 Posts
Man, what's up with some of the landing gear that LX produces. They are wayyyyy to small for the jet. This A10 is just one example, and their F35 with retracts is another. It would be assumed that during the design process, something noticeable like the small landing gear would be fixed. I happen to like LX and their jets, as well as most of their landing gear, but this one has to be changed.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old May 12, 2010, 09:54 AM
MYC
Inconceivable!
USA, NY, Smithtown
Joined Jan 2005
1,944 Posts
The gear look fine to me. The tires are tiny though... And what's the deal with gear doors on the mains? A-10's should hang the wheels outside those pods
MYC is offline Find More Posts by MYC
Old May 12, 2010, 11:34 AM
Joined Apr 2006
957 Posts
wow, ANOTHER A-10? What' that about 5 now, counting the GWS and FSK ones.

And what's with Lanxiang making such big planes now. Why didn't they do that with their SR-71, instead of making the piddly one they did?
aferguson is offline Find More Posts by aferguson
Old May 12, 2010, 02:01 PM
tom
USA, LA, Natchitoches
Joined Apr 2004
1,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlouetteIII View Post
For a long time the RC EDF world was dominated by the ugly 3S LiPo princess who ate fat amp cakes all day long, and demanded big wires, big amp ESCs jesters in her court and high kva donks with very few turns in their heads. This situation was even worse in a TWIN EDF like the A-10 where the poor LiPo was sucked dead by silly amps x 2. Finally somebody realised that 6S LiPos where common fare across the kingdom (thanks to our ugly helicopter uak clans) and 'just maybe' we EDF 'right stuff' guys could use them - This meant that on 6S 70mm pushing 2x600w = 1200W (a nice lazy number) would only need to supply 48amps at WOT. So 2x40amp ESC having a lazy lunch.

Of course the hazy ministerial advisers who lobbied to promote the sales of big 'C' LiPos and Big Fat ESC's for the profits of their sponsors saw fit to prolong the life of 3S and then 4S twins - until Frodo thru the ring into the volcano and the dark forces were overrun.
LMAO, now thats entertainment!!!
tomme21 is offline Find More Posts by tomme21
Old May 12, 2010, 04:57 PM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
None of you guys noticed the coolest feature of this A10 compared to the J-Power/BlitzRCWorks.....Rudders! That's awesome. Yup.
Sky HawK is offline Find More Posts by Sky HawK
Old May 12, 2010, 07:35 PM
Joined Nov 2008
24 Posts
I pointed that out in post #3 about full functioning rudders. Looks like the paint scheme and the landing gears are negatives about this A-10.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:59 PM
diligentia vis celeritas
Corona, CA
Joined Feb 2006
3,547 Posts
i like the size...
gunracer is offline Find More Posts by gunracer
Old May 13, 2010, 08:30 AM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts