HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:17 PM
Air Crash Expert
Louisiana
Joined Oct 2005
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Hi Sawman, were you using the Exposure? Was the camera on the front as designed? If you could post some pics when possible it would be fantastic. I was also wondering if the FMA Copilot would help the quality of vertical images, although without aileron control it may be pointless?
Yes and yes. Will post some pics next week when I get home.
I'm using a video downlink to fly the plane/keep wings level. No need for stabilization as the Exposure does that itself...of course it's not a "High-wind" ship either. On a calm day, it will fly itself better than I can.
sawman is offline Find More Posts by sawman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:22 AM
Australia, QLD, Emerald
Joined Jan 2005
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawman View Post
Yes and yes. Will post some pics next week when I get home.
I'm using a video downlink to fly the plane/keep wings level. No need for stabilization as the Exposure does that itself...of course it's not a "High-wind" ship either. On a calm day, it will fly itself better than I can.
True perhaps stabilization was the wrong word, I was trying to think of an auto levelling device. Just cant keep it perfectly level when shes a dot in the sky!
Quentin is offline Find More Posts by Quentin
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:07 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,946 Posts
Quote:
True perhaps stabilization was the wrong word, I was trying to think of an auto levelling device. Just cant keep it perfectly level when shes a dot in the sky!
I found my video and photo quality went way up when I flew with a downlink and could watch what I was doing. I'm sure part of that is due to me being inexperienced at RC flying though and constantly over correcting.

I put taller wheels on my Exposure last night, it gave me a few more camera mounting options..
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:48 PM
USA, IL, Decatur
Joined Sep 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
I found my video and photo quality went way up when I flew with a downlink and could watch what I was doing. I'm sure part of that is due to me being inexperienced at RC flying though and constantly over correcting.

I put taller wheels on my Exposure last night, it gave me a few more camera mounting options..
looks like a getaway vehicle from a camera store robbery. I have several mounting options on mine also. It's doesn't seem to mind what you put on it, a very forgiving and flexible design.
shutternut is offline Find More Posts by shutternut
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:20 AM
Australia, QLD, Emerald
Joined Jan 2005
65 Posts
Theres no hiding when Glenstr flies over! haha looks great mate.
Quentin is offline Find More Posts by Quentin
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
Rick
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2011
1,644 Posts
Quote:
you might want to look into one of these: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1596644
choochoo22 is offline Find More Posts by choochoo22
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:25 AM
Vermont
Joined Dec 2003
840 Posts
Its like the guy on the street corner in New York, "hey you want to buy some watches"
Do you have enough camera's on that thing? Seriously that is got to be one of the best fixed wing solutions for AP I have seen yet.
spacecase is offline Find More Posts by spacecase
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:57 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,713 Posts
Exposure and Heptad Designs - 2 Motors

I like both designs, but I am wondering if anyone has done one of these with 2 brushless motors? It looks like two smaller motors would be a really good option for long flights. At least that seems to be the opinion of some folks that have been in the hobby for more than a few years. Any one have a 2 motor design in use?
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:18 AM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavah View Post
I like both designs, but I am wondering if anyone has done one of these with 2 brushless motors? It looks like two smaller motors would be a really good option for long flights. At least that seems to be the opinion of some folks that have been in the hobby for more than a few years. Any one have a 2 motor design in use?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1132997

Mike
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:34 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,713 Posts
Very nice. Just what I was wondering about. A few nights ago I was looking up an image for a German flying wing planned for WW2 and the design had two motors with the propellers on the main wing in the pusher configuration. I was thinking it was a great FPV option. The motors would be well away from the camera in or on the nose and away from the microphone. A flying wing arrangement seems like a natural for FPV and I have seen some with this purpose in mind, but not many as twin motors and as a pusher configuration. Wondering if any have done this?
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Old Mar 30, 2013, 07:36 PM
No pressure
United States, TX, Carrollton
Joined Jul 2005
239 Posts
My exposure has seen tons of flights since I started flying here in 2011. Some more noteable that other, but all producing some nice pictures. I am running a Rebel XS with the stock 18-55mm lens and two thunderpower 2200mah packs. I can usually get more that 30 minutes of flying time with plenty of battery in reserve.

Some time back, I started a blog to showcase some of the better photos I get from my flights. http://planeguyperspective.blogspot.com/

I almost alway fly inside the levee system around the trinity river in dallas.

Hope you guys enjoy looking. Beside, this thread needed a bump.
dmimlitch is offline Find More Posts by dmimlitch
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:57 AM
The Gorge - Oregon USofA
Joined Sep 2006
151 Posts
Thanks for posting and bumping.

Great pictures and I love the shot of your plane. I do want to build one, but will make it a pusher.

Thanks again.
Twisted Sheets is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Sheets
Old Apr 02, 2013, 12:12 AM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
162 Posts
Tsavah,
If you are looking for a twin prop flying wing, take a look at http://www.crashtesthobby.com/hercules-7278.html
Have a look around the site while you are there. They have some great videos.
And in case you are wondering, I fly a Super Solution.
Bill
SupraGo is offline Find More Posts by SupraGo
Old Apr 02, 2013, 10:50 AM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraGo View Post
Tsavah,
If you are looking for a twin prop flying wing, take a look at http://www.crashtesthobby.com/hercules-7278.html
Have a look around the site while you are there. They have some great videos.
And in case you are wondering, I fly a Super Solution.
Bill
Nice to see a fellow AB'er with one of these planes - IIRC there was also a fellow from Red Deer that had one of Mikes designs, I think a SS as well. Be nice to get together sometime and get some air to air shots.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Apr 03, 2013, 12:41 AM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
162 Posts
Sounds like a Solution
Bill
SupraGo is offline Find More Posts by SupraGo