HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:38 AM
Joined May 2011
7 Posts
I followed the 2 videos (throttle calibration and the auto rotation throttle calibration) setups. My question is my original throttle curves: normal 0, 25, 65,75,85 ; Idle l 95,95,90,95,95 and my idle 2 100, 100, 95, 100, 100), when i have done auto rotation calibration normal mode 0 all thru out, idle 1 70 all thru out and idle 2 100 all thru out, can i go back again to my original curves and still have this auto rotation features?
kingchord is offline Find More Posts by kingchord
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:18 AM
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
As long as you are using fixed endpoints & not gov mode the throttle curves can be what ever you like & the autorotation feature will still function the same.
The 70 & 100 curves are values that need to be there for set rpm gov mode, or could be corresponding values for gov low or gov high.

Steve
RS Rogers is offline Find More Posts by RS Rogers
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:46 AM
Joined May 2011
7 Posts
Thank you very much Steve for the quick reply, I really appreciate your help. More power to you guys at the castle
kingchord is offline Find More Posts by kingchord
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Jul 2011
21 Posts
I'm back with a new question about my new 120HV CC. I've earlier done this with a 80HV and it worked fine!

Using the usb link, I program with fixed endpoints and auto enabled, 0-50-100 TC and trim=subtrim=0, in the DX8 I bring down low and high stick position to 30% both but the high position doesn't initialize even when reaching 150% and low position initiates at 126%. Using a AR7200BX Beastx/spektrum BUT when I tested with an "orange" receiver non of the low or high positions initiate!!

What am I missing here?
mgorgis is offline Find More Posts by mgorgis
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:00 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorgis View Post
I'm back with a new question about my new 120HV CC. I've earlier done this with a 80HV and it worked fine!

Using the usb link, I program with fixed endpoints and auto enabled, 0-50-100 TC and trim=subtrim=0, in the DX8 I bring down low and high stick position to 30% both but the high position doesn't initialize even when reaching 150% and low position initiates at 126%. Using a AR7200BX Beastx/spektrum BUT when I tested with an "orange" receiver non of the low or high positions initiate!!

What am I missing here?
To calibrate with the Sx 8 make sure you have it set to 11 ms and then you need to make sure to unplug the throttle wire...plug in power Anders the Beastx Rx innitiize at -0- throttle with the default end points in the TX...now follow the instructions for calibration... 30-30 on the end points .... Full throttle on the TX... Plug in the throttle wire to the rx while it is initialized and the continue to the calibration.... Make sure to remove all blades.
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:43 PM
Joined Jul 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
To calibrate with the Sx 8 make sure you have it set to 11 ms and then you need to make sure to unplug the throttle wire...plug in power Anders the Beastx Rx innitiize at -0- throttle with the default end points in the TX...now follow the instructions for calibration... 30-30 on the end points .... Full throttle on the TX... Plug in the throttle wire to the rx while it is initialized and the continue to the calibration.... Make sure to remove all blades.
Ok, here's what I did:
In DX8 settings, I changed to 11 ms and left mode at DSMX
100-100 for low and high stick, 0-50-100 normal throttle
Unpluged throttle wire from Rx/BeastX
Powered on Tx then Rx
Changed to 30-30 and stick to max then pluged in throttle wire. High stick initialized at 98% and low stick at 125% (same as before)
Motor starts at 19% throttle, is this normal?

Question 1: is this correct what I've done?
Question 2: do I even have to calibrate the throttle if I will use Gov?

Thanks
Martin
mgorgis is offline Find More Posts by mgorgis
Old Mar 10, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined May 2011
31 Posts
BeastX + Spektrum sat + IceLite 50

I've got the following setup: BeastX + Spektrum sat + IceLite 50. The problem is that I cannot calibrate the throttle. What I've done: plug the esc to spectrum receiver (not sat, not used in setup), calibrated the throttle, than plug the esc back to beastx. Is it OK?
paul310 is offline Find More Posts by paul310
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:23 AM
Joined Oct 2009
4 Posts
Throttle calibration on DX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
I have the DX8 and am running the castle 35 esc + the castle BEC on my 450 pro with the AR7200BX. The motor is the stock align as well as the servos. I have tried different ways as well as the video way - all with no luck. When I go to high throttle i do not get any flashing light and i can bring up the end point right to the max and nothing happens. I updated the ESC to V4.01 as well. 1 thing to mention is that I happened to hit the hold button on the DX8 twice but quick flicks and that was when something seemed to change?
DaweMD is offline Find More Posts by DaweMD
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:44 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Which Beast X are you using...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul310 View Post
I've got the following setup: BeastX + Spektrum sat + IceLite 50. The problem is that I cannot calibrate the throttle. What I've done: plug the esc to spectrum receiver (not sat, not used in setup), calibrated the throttle, than plug the esc back to beastx. Is it OK?
Are you using the AR7200?

If you are using the AR7200 please see this thread...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1649655

If this does not work please call support at Castle ...
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:10 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaweMD View Post
I have the DX8 and am running the castle 35 esc + the castle BEC on my 450 pro with the AR7200BX. The motor is the stock align as well as the servos. I have tried different ways as well as the video way - all with no luck. When I go to high throttle i do not get any flashing light and i can bring up the end point right to the max and nothing happens. I updated the ESC to V4.01 as well. 1 thing to mention is that I happened to hit the hold button on the DX8 twice but quick flicks and that was when something seemed to change?

You must arm the AR7200 first and then introduce the Castle...

In your case I would use a RX pack or external BEC ( make sure to pull the Red Wire out of the Castle ESC control wire to isolate the internal BEC ) and power up the AR 7200 with the throttle down and the throttle curve at 0-50-100... Endpoints at 100-100.

Make sure the pinion and main gear are not engaged...

After the 7200 initializes then you can move the throttle endpoints to 30-30. Once this is done then you can go to full throttle on the TX and plug in the main battery pack to the ESC... Then you can follow the instructions in this video to calibrate the throttle starting at the point where you increase the High throttle endpoint until you get the beep through the motor letting you know you have reached 100% throttle...

http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...al_videos.html

Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined Sep 2009
5 Posts
Have a stupid question here,

why making two more clip after the beep?

That won't mess up the calibration?
Hawk208 is offline Find More Posts by Hawk208
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:27 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk208 View Post
Have a stupid question here,

why making two more clip after the beep?

That won't mess up the calibration?

Some TX's have pots that wonder around a bit... the 2 extra clicks make sure you are getting into High throttle and also -0- throttle.....
Old Aug 04, 2013, 03:46 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1 Posts
AR7200BX + CC Talon 90 doesn't arm

I know this thread is old, but i'Ve tried everything i could find, videos, etc...etc.. and it never wants to arm... i'Ve tried with an external BEC as power or a RX Pack.... don't know what it might be, i'm out of ideas..

I Can'T get my AR7200BX and CC Talon 90 to work... when i bind to a Rx (Ar7010) no problem, i'm able to set Endpoints... when i rebind to the AR7200BX, nada, it doesn't arm the motor, and i can't even get endpoints done with it, no matter what i try.....

Here's pictures of the items i use....

The Extension with red wire out.

The Rx i bind to to try it out.
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...n%20ESC/RX.jpg

The External BEc i used trying to bypass the BeastX Bec.

The RX PAck i tried to use to bypass the BeastX BEC

Any help would be appreciate

Doum
Doum066 is offline Find More Posts by Doum066
Old Nov 24, 2013, 07:29 PM
United States, NY, East Setauket
Joined Jan 2012
94 Posts
My Method

Just made this video today. It's the method that I have used on my Talon 90's and now my Phoenix Edge Lite 50 with the AR7200BX.
Castle ESC Endpoint Calibration with AR7200BX (14 min 3 sec)
hstaniloff is offline Find More Posts by hstaniloff
Old Nov 25, 2013, 09:36 AM
United States, NC, Franklin
Joined Dec 2002
422 Posts
Not getting headspeed on Logo10

I have a Logo10 with Phoenix 60 which is old but working well for years. It was still using Futaba PCM 27 MHz.

About 2 weeks ago I installed an OrangeRx R800X DSMX/DSM2 receiver AND I am using a Devo12s Walkera radio WITH Deviation v3.0 firmware!!!

I have been able to do the fixed endpoint cal, and it seemed reliable and repeatable this morning. After a previous cal, I flew yesterday, and all works but the headspeed is just startlingly lower than before the change. I have had some intermittent detection of high or low endpoints in the past days, which led to some confusion.

Unfortunately, I accepted the castlelink prompt to upgrade the firmware in the phoenix, as that has never been a problem in the past, and changed more than one thing at a time.

I do some programming and design, and I wish I understood better what this endpoint cal is doing. It appears that the Phoenix has a fixed internal cal, and we are doing a process of discovery in the endpoint cal in order to match the transmitter to the phoenix. This is simple enough. But what I have thought at times is that the Phoenix is adapting to the transmitter, and changing its internal cal. Probably not, but some of the intermittents I have experienced and some of the words I have read made me think this is possible.

I would like to know more than procedure, I would like to know what is going on.

Now a couple posts suggested if the DSMX is not set to 11msec, endpoints are not going to be detected. I looked this up, and though information is sparce, it appears Deviation 3.0 DSMX does not support 11msec. I have a post in there to try to get more info. That being the case, if my endpoint cal works, could this account for low torque.

The written endpoint cal procedure I got from the Castle site says cal in heli endpoint cal, then go to governor and run. (I am not currently running in gov mode though that was what I tried 1st, I am now running in heli fixed endpoints where I seemed to get the most headspeed.) But other indications I believe in this thread were to cal in gov mode. Which is correct?

So, any ideas what is wrong? Is the phoenix 60 sensitive to frame rate? Do I need to cal in gov mode to run it gov mode? This is not obvious and not consistently clear.

And I would like to know what is happening internally in the Phoenix when we do a cal. Is it changing its cal, or is that fixed, and we are just adjusting the transmitter to match (I suspect)?

thanks very much, JIm
jdowdle is offline Find More Posts by jdowdle