SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:08 AM
Castle Support
Clintstone's Avatar
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
The problem I had with reaching the high spot was due to the fact that the function throttle ATL (trim have no effect when stick is above neutral), was deactivated by default in heli mode. After setting THR ATL to active, I was able to reach both upper and lower spot.

Fred
Thanks for sharing...
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2011, 08:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
hi Clintstone
first time for me to set up The ESC ( ICE 75A ) for my Protos 500.
my throttle endpoint :
High :100% ,
Low : 88%
Fixed Endpoints Throttle Calibration ..
.......................
But now I try to set the Governor Mode ( set RPM ) ,but in the - Help:'Governor Type' - it mention that:
Note :Features available in the Castle Creations Helicopter programming require inputs outside the Default ms. signatures or endpoints set in your Transmitter . The default values-usually High 100 and Low 100 on the Travel Adjust or ATV of your TX will need to be increased .
For High adjustment , set the value to 110
For Low adjustment , set the value to the TX's maximum value - usually 125 or greater depending on your TX .

I am getting confused.
-----------------------------
so question is;
1) should i follow the instruction above to increase the endpoint ?? if yes , do i need to connect the ESC to the Receiver , plug the Battery before increase High to 110 and the Low to 125.

2) what about my Fixed Endpoints Throttle Calibration ?? ( High :100% , Low :88%)

3)what is the highest Head Speed I can get out of my Setup(in Governor Mode ) before changing Gear or go to 6s lipo ??
the Max Head speed the Governor can give me is 2040 RPM , that to slow ,
------------------------------------------------------
Protos 500
Stock Motor : 800 Kv
Pinon :15
Main Gear :93
Lipo :5s 25C
Motor Poles : 14

thanks for your help.
John.
mic21 is offline Find More Posts by mic21
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2011, 04:40 AM
Registered User
RS Rogers's Avatar
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
John
Answered your question on the other post. See here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post17883508

Steve
RS Rogers is offline Find More Posts by RS Rogers
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:43 AM
Lee Estingoy
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Joined May 2003
723 Posts
check text
lestingoy is offline Find More Posts by lestingoy
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 04:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
21 Posts
Hi, I'm trying to program the throttle endpoints for my CC ICE HV80 for the first time and have a question regarding the values for low and high stick. I don't have a caste link (on it's way) so all values are factory values. Using the DX8, I'm setting throttle curve to 0-25-50-75-100 and travel endpoints for low and high throttle to 50% each. When I then put stick in high position and start rising the 50%, the ESC arms already at 70% for high and 60% for low throttle and my question is whether that's reasonable values or am I doing something wrong?

Regards
Martin
mgorgis is offline Find More Posts by mgorgis
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2011, 06:05 PM
Castle Support
Clintstone's Avatar
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorgis View Post
Hi, I'm trying to program the throttle endpoints for my CC ICE HV80 for the first time and have a question regarding the values for low and high stick. I don't have a caste link (on it's way) so all values are factory values. Using the DX8, I'm setting throttle curve to 0-25-50-75-100 and travel endpoints for low and high throttle to 50% each. When I then put stick in high position and start rising the 50%, the ESC arms already at 70% for high and 60% for low throttle and my question is whether that's reasonable values or am I doing something wrong?

Regards
Martin
Martin, it sounds like you are in airplane mode...Please let us know if you have anymore questions...
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 05:01 AM
Registered User
RS Rogers's Avatar
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorgis View Post
Hi, I'm trying to program the throttle endpoints for my CC ICE HV80 for the first time and have a question regarding the values for low and high stick. I don't have a caste link (on it's way) so all values are factory values. Using the DX8, I'm setting throttle curve to 0-25-50-75-100 and travel endpoints for low and high throttle to 50% each. When I then put stick in high position and start rising the 50%, the ESC arms already at 70% for high and 60% for low throttle and my question is whether that's reasonable values or am I doing something wrong?

Regards
Martin
Those values do sound reasonable for airplane mode.

Steve
RS Rogers is offline Find More Posts by RS Rogers
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:06 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
21 Posts
My castle link should arrive any day soon. I'll change mode to heli and try again. I thought it was plug n play for helis too. Thanks!
mgorgis is offline Find More Posts by mgorgis
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2011, 08:02 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorgis View Post
My castle link should arrive any day soon. I'll change mode to heli and try again. I thought it was plug n play for helis too. Thanks!
For helicopters you also need to change the PWM to 8 (don’t use outrunner PWM for helicopters) and low timing.


RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
Registered User
Indonesia
Joined May 2007
41 Posts
Hello guys, need help here with castle ice 80hv on my trex 600 epro. I setup my esc manually using transmitter stick (dsx9), my setup are :

1. Auto lipo
2. Normal current limiting.
3. Brake disabled
4. Fixed throttle
5. Standard advance
6. Hard cutoff
7. Soft start
8. Outrunner mode

The problem is now i didn't get the soft start on my heli, i flown my heli twice without setting up the esc and yes i know how castle esc soft start feel but its not there anymore. Then i calibrated my throttle, i got unusual value with my throttle EPA, now its 75 high dan 65 low. What's wrong with my setup ? Please help me.

Harya
Harya is offline Find More Posts by Harya
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:51 PM
Registered User
RS Rogers's Avatar
Clyde N.C.
Joined Oct 2003
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harya View Post
Hello guys, need help here with castle ice 80hv on my trex 600 epro. I setup my esc manually using transmitter stick (dsx9), my setup are :

1. Auto lipo
2. Normal current limiting.
3. Brake disabled
4. Fixed throttle
5. Standard advance
6. Hard cutoff
7. Soft start
8. Outrunner mode

The problem is now i didn't get the soft start on my heli, i flown my heli twice without setting up the esc and yes i know how castle esc soft start feel but its not there anymore. Then i calibrated my throttle, i got unusual value with my throttle EPA, now its 75 high dan 65 low. What's wrong with my setup ? Please help me.

Harya
Answered over on your first post in another thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post20454977
RS Rogers is offline Find More Posts by RS Rogers
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:01 PM
Registered User
Indonesia
Joined May 2007
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Rogers View Post
Answered over on your first post in another thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post20454977
Thanks Steve, that was quick

Harya
Harya is offline Find More Posts by Harya
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:07 PM
What goes up, must............
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Joined Apr 2001
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
You should be able to pull the trim down to satisfy... then calibrate the throttle with the trim down... as long as you leave the trim down then it should not change...
Hi, I am setting the endpoints on my new Phoenix 35 for a 450 size Heli.
I now understand that I need to do it and what to do OK after seeing the video.

I didn't hear in the video or see elsewhere any instruction on where to put the Throttle trim during this calibration process.

I did my calibration with the trim in the middle position. Is that OK ?
I have a Walkera 2801 Pro Tx. If I put the trim all the way down, I get -ve values until the stick is some way up.

Thanks,
Tim
Hopefulflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hopefulflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 07:31 PM
Castle Support
Clintstone's Avatar
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulflyer View Post
Hi, I am setting the endpoints on my new Phoenix 35 for a 450 size Heli.
I now understand that I need to do it and what to do OK after seeing the video.

I didn't hear in the video or see elsewhere any instruction on where to put the Throttle trim during this calibration process.

I did my calibration with the trim in the middle position. Is that OK ?
I have a Walkera 2801 Pro Tx. If I put the trim all the way down, I get -ve values until the stick is some way up.

Thanks,
Tim
The throttle trim needs to stay where it was when you calibrated... I usually disable the trim when available on the TX as the trim is not needed in my setups... I hope this helps...

Moving the Trim down after Calibration would cause a dead spot until you reach a value that is equal to the calibrated -0- throttle...
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:29 PM
What goes up, must............
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Joined Apr 2001
43 Posts
Thanks a lot for your speedy reply.
Everything is clear now.
cheers
Tim
Hopefulflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hopefulflyer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Thunderbird 54 Throttle Calibration Chophop Power Systems 24 Apr 29, 2010 08:37 PM
Discussion Suppo 20A ESC throttle calibration procedure khaled_abobakr Power Systems 7 Apr 10, 2010 04:28 AM
Discussion 3.11 throttle calibration and auto calibration for Helis Clintstone Castle Creations 43 Mar 13, 2010 05:29 AM
Discussion Quick tip for I/R sender speeds Slider2732 Micro Ready-to-Fly 0 Jan 25, 2010 11:11 AM
Discussion CC PHOENIX 35 and auto calibration throttle quenda Castle Creations 9 Dec 06, 2009 07:44 PM