SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Sandancer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 06, 2010, 10:32 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,735 Posts
Build Log
P-51D: Opening Up the Cowl & Adding a NACA Duct!

Cowl Opening & Up-Dated NACA Duct!

I wanted as much ventilation to the ESC as I could get! I want to thank Bernhard/Beltpilot for this idea.

NOTE: On the V4 & V5 P-51's with the steerable tail wheel, there is no opening around the tail wheel for adequate air to ventilate thru the fuse and out the rear. If you do open the cowling up with out some form of exit for ventilation you might want to install a "Chute" on your pilot as he will probably make a quick exit at some point!

UP-DATE 6/08/2010: I thought I would offer up an idea for venting the air Out of the V4 & V5 P-51's. I already had these push rod guides posted for awhile now, but I have come up with a much better alternative! These push rod windows will allow more air passage while still remaining unobtrusive.

UP-DATE 8/10-2010: I decided to install a NACA Duct courtesy of Park Flyer Plastics, in the girl's nose to vent some air into the battery compartment.
Sandancer is online now Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sandancer; Aug 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Attachment UpDate
to remove ads between posts