HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:58 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
73 Posts
Well I went for it and ordered it from banana. Got it in less than a week. Im probably not as particular as some folks about my models and how they come out of the box and how they could or should be (quality wise). Im pretty easy to please most of the time as long as the thing is not a totally cheesy piece of Sh*t.

As I said Im not much of critic, but at a glance I like most of it so far right out of the box. I ordered it as a almost ready fly I guess. Just adding my own receiver, battery and taking if from there. The only thing I cant stand about most of these modern retracts is how quick they snap from up to down. So Im adding one of those servo slow down units from H.L. And also the retracts have little springs in them to act as shock absorbers, the front one seems pretty stiff and holds the weight of the plane good. But the two rears are a waist. I dont even have the battery in the plane yet and when you set it down, the rear springs/shocks fully compress. Im going to see if I can take those apart and either stretch the spring or see if I can shim it, or put little spacers or something in them so that act a little more like a suspension piece of this nature should act.

Im also going to add separate servos for the ailerons too. When I made the purchase from Banana it looked like on their web photos of version 3 that it would have four servos for control; 2 for ailerons, and 2 for the tail. But it actually came with only two servos for it all, and bell-cranks to tie the ailerons to the corresponding tail surfaces so they work and move together. Im going to set it up with four servos for all the control surfaces so I can click on spoilerons, which Ive done with an F-16 and really like how it all works this way. Im also going to add a few of the little E-flite NAV lights too. Ive already got a couple of thunder power 2600ma, 4cell, 20c batteries that Im sure will fly this thing just fine. Im not looking to set the world on fire with this one like most of my planes, just the cool factor and some good looking fun.
MachLid is offline Find More Posts by MachLid
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:11 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachLid View Post
Well I went for it and ordered it from banana. Got it in less than a week. Im probably not as particular as some folks about my models and how they come out of the box and how they could or should be (quality wise). Im pretty easy to please most of the time as long as the thing is not a totally cheesy piece of Sh*t.

As I said Im not much of critic, but at a glance I like most of it so far right out of the box. I ordered it as a almost ready fly I guess. Just adding my own receiver, battery and taking if from there. The only thing I cant stand about most of these modern retracts is how quick they snap from up to down. So Im adding one of those servo slow down units from H.L. And also the retracts have little springs in them to act as shock absorbers, the front one seems pretty stiff and holds the weight of the plane good. But the two rears are a waist. I dont even have the battery in the plane yet and when you set it down, the rear springs/shocks fully compress. Im going to see if I can take those apart and either stretch the spring or see if I can shim it, or put little spacers or something in them so that act a little more like a suspension piece of this nature should act.

Im also going to add separate servos for the ailerons too. When I made the purchase from Banana it looked like on their web photos of version 3 that it would have four servos for control; 2 for ailerons, and 2 for the tail. But it actually came with only two servos for it all, and bell-cranks to tie the ailerons to the corresponding tail surfaces so they work and move together. Im going to set it up with four servos for all the control surfaces so I can click on spoilerons, which Ive done with an F-16 and really like how it all works this way. Im also going to add a few of the little E-flite NAV lights too. Ive already got a couple of thunder power 2600ma, 4cell, 20c batteries that Im sure will fly this thing just fine. Im not looking to set the world on fire with this one like most of my planes, just the cool factor and some good looking fun.
you won't need the extra servos.. iI even believe that it works better with the linkages and the 2 servos.. trust me.. The manuverablity is amazing

As for the retracts the RTF model has aservo slow down built in on channel 5 of the TX
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:20 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2007
858 Posts
I have my ailerons coupled to my tailerons and I have no complaints. The roll rate is amazing!! By having the ailerons function with the elevator....high AOA passes are much easier. I use 4 servos but have them Y harnessed together. It was a V1 so it had 4 pockets for servos and no coupling hardware. Does the V3 have the cutouts for aileron servos molded in?
toughitaliankid is offline Find More Posts by toughitaliankid
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2009
423 Posts
wonderful
Cici528 is offline Find More Posts by Cici528
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:53 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughitaliankid View Post
I have my ailerons coupled to my tailerons and I have no complaints. The roll rate is amazing!! By having the ailerons function with the elevator....high AOA passes are much easier. I use 4 servos but have them Y harnessed together. It was a V1 so it had 4 pockets for servos and no coupling hardware. Does the V3 have the cutouts for aileron servos molded in?
yes the place for the extra servos are still there unfilled.. but I had no need to put extra servos.. 2 servos with the linkages can do the job.. and they do it quite well too
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:11 AM
Registered User
T-CAT's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
3,518 Posts
I have to say, it definitely does it well with the joint linkages, but during a servo failure it'll be a disaster ha-ha.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:03 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
73 Posts
Well I'm going to go ahead and use 4 servos on it now anyway. I want to see how it responds to the "spoileron" thing like I do with my F-16. Its a little bit more more work, cost and weight, but I'm going to do it anyway. i did run into a problem though. While setting up and configuring it, one of the stock supplied servos for the tail controls locked up twice just bench testing it all. So I'm replacing both of them now wtih some HS-65's.

And speaking of slowing down the servo's. I'm wondering if someone might be able to answer this; I use the Futaba 10c radio which has a ton of features. But I cant seem to find anyway for it to slow down servo's like for the retracts? So I've simply been using the in-line plug-in units with no trouble at all.


Thanks
MachLid is offline Find More Posts by MachLid
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:15 PM
Sky HawK's Avatar
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the way this jet flies! Needs a bit more power than stock to have greater than a 1:1 power to weight ratio, but it is so easy and relaxing flying this jet, even though it is probably doing better than 45mph just 15 feet off the ground!
Sky HawK is offline Find More Posts by Sky HawK
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2007
858 Posts
just flew my v1 edition. upon touching down the right main lg pulled out. got all rashed up on the belly. just got done spackling the rash. Luckily Testors/Model Masters has an exact match in the paint. "Light Gray 4765".
toughitaliankid is offline Find More Posts by toughitaliankid
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:39 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughitaliankid View Post
just flew my v1 edition. upon touching down the right main lg pulled out. got all rashed up on the belly. just got done spackling the rash. Luckily Testors/Model Masters has an exact match in the paint. "Light Gray 4765".
can you give me a link at the paint???
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 01:08 AM
Registered User
T-CAT's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
3,518 Posts
http://www.testors.com/product/0/476..._12_oz._Bottle
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 06:26 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Many thanks T-CAT.
I think I will also buy an airbrush ... it's time that I get into this field too
I wonder how my tortured F-22 will look like after a descent paint job
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 06:51 AM
Registered User
hklagges's Avatar
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,060 Posts
Slowing down the retracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachLid View Post
And speaking of slowing down the servo's. I'm wondering if someone might be able to answer this; I use the Futaba 10c radio which has a ton of features. But I cant seem to find anyway for it to slow down servo's like for the retracts?
In a hurry: I have the T10C radio, too, had the same problem, but there is no solution within the T10C. It does not have a slow-down feature, only more expensive Futabas had that feature at the time.

I ended up using a Jeti receiver which is programmable and which includes servo delay. You might use a separate servo slow down unit connected between your receiver and the landing gear servos.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:02 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8863 use this one here.. not only it can slow down the servos in a variable speed(whatever you want) it can also reverse them.. you can connect 3servos on 1 regulator...
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:48 AM
Custom Crasher
lowkeylaidback's Avatar
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
748 Posts
Ok got the stock servos out of the sockets but have not pulled the wires thru yet. Did anyone use the stock servo wire to pull thru in the original holes the new servo wires or did you just mount them on the outside of the fuse?

Next question, has anyone ordered a new fuse and if so did it come glued together, I would like to get one not glued so I can fool around and try some things
lowkeylaidback is online now Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Pete or Saralyn; F22 Raptor Sky HawK Banana Hobby 20 Jun 09, 2010 11:35 AM
Discussion LX Model Tornado CarreraGTSCS Foamy EDFs 17 Apr 12, 2010 10:04 PM
New Product LX Blitz Bananahobby F-35 TV retracts gear doors missiles FOX ONE! Foamy EDFs 2 Nov 10, 2009 11:34 AM