SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 16, 2010, 09:15 PM
AEROBOT
Socal
Joined Jan 2009
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman View Post
nice flying how fast do you think it was going it didnt look like a rocket. but great video and i liked the music

j3tman,
I agree it is not a bullet but definitely faster than the stock set up..The drop tanks slow me too.

Since it blend with the cloudy skies, it also appeared to not be moving that fast.
I actually had to go around 3 times in order to land. It appeared slow, but when it got closer...it was fast!!!
muzik59 is offline Find More Posts by muzik59
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2010, 12:06 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik59 View Post
I agree it is not a bullet but definitely faster than the stock set up..The drop tanks slow me too.

Since it blend with the cloudy skies, it also appeared to not be moving that fast.
I actually had to go around 3 times in order to land. It appeared slow, but when it got closer...it was fast!!!
Don't you just love sharp turns??? YEs the F-22 is not a speed deamon but you can fly on 1/4 of a throttle easy. I'm going to the field in a few hours and I hope to will find someone to film mine
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old May 17, 2010, 08:47 AM
AEROBOT
Socal
Joined Jan 2009
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
Don't you just love sharp turns??? YEs the F-22 is not a speed deamon but you can fly on 1/4 of a throttle easy. I'm going to the field in a few hours and I hope to will find someone to film mine
Love sharp turns..1/4? yep, it cruses around nicely...
Hope u get a video
Old May 17, 2010, 09:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
couldn't.. Tooo bloody windy.. I iwll have tomorro from 7 am till 2pm and hope the weather does me the favor. otherwise we all have to wait another 15 days because I'm going under the knife for a small surgery... :P
Old May 17, 2010, 09:35 AM
AEROBOT
Socal
Joined Jan 2009
318 Posts
Quote:
couldn't.. Tooo bloody windy.. I iwll have tomorro from 7 am till 2pm and hope the weather does me the favor. otherwise we all have to wait another 15 days because I'm going under the knife for a small surgery... :P
gosh, hope everything goes fine. good luck with the surgery.
And there's always another sunny calm day to fly anyways.
Old Jun 02, 2010, 12:22 PM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
Finally got my DX6i and the F22 is alive again! Mixing was interesting and difficult for it being my first time with the 6i and mixing anything. But I got it figured out.

Bummer, my front strut seized for some reason and the steering bound up really bad. I had to tear it apart and now it has no internal spring but it steers again. Also the servo for the front retract is stripped or something, it will retract fully but only come halfway out trying to lower the gear. Guess I need a new one now...Talk about surgery, it looks like a pain to get to.
Sky HawK is offline Find More Posts by Sky HawK
Old Jun 02, 2010, 12:30 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
once you do get to the servo have you thought about using metal gear servos I've heard that there really good specially on retracts.

j3tman,
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old Jun 02, 2010, 12:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
retract servos should be metal gera if you are buying arfs..
As I said this plane was my trainer.
Ive had some hard landings but nothing so far...
the problem when you move to your own radio (I got a DX6i my self) is that there is no movement reduction when you turn the gear up and down switch. on the RTF Radio that I had gear up and down was performed real slow.
so the Best thing to do is get some rate reduction for the servos. I already purchased 3 from hobbyking to use with my new planes. they can also reverse a servo which is very helpfull instead of looking for those red reversed servos.
If you need a link to that here it is.. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8863
it's also 3 channel so you can use it for 3 servos... 2 reversed on some planes + the retracts.
Old Jun 02, 2010, 03:12 PM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
I've already got rate reducers in both my jets from RCdude. I just need to replace the front retract servo since it seems to be stripped or missing a tooth or two.
Old Jun 02, 2010, 03:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
take it to the dentist.. ;P
Old Jun 03, 2010, 11:58 AM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
Quote:
take it to the dentist.. ;P
Haha

It needs an implant for sure, that servo is all jacked up after I've messed with it so much. Oh well, time for a MG.
Old Jun 03, 2010, 01:59 PM
Kill Devil Hills 27948
Joined Mar 2009
420 Posts
59 :
Thats a hell of a background on the first page we do not see much of that here on the east coast!! great shots
obxfishfuzz is offline Find More Posts by obxfishfuzz
Old Jun 03, 2010, 02:37 PM
AEROBOT
Socal
Joined Jan 2009
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by obxfishfuzz View Post
59 :
Thats a hell of a background on the first page we do not see much of that here on the east coast!! great shots
Were you talking about my Video?.
Old Jun 03, 2010, 02:59 PM
Houston. .we have a problem.
United Kingdom, England
Joined Aug 2008
983 Posts
The thread on this is here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...mm+F+22&page=4

ETM is the Chinese distributor for Lanxiang RC, just as Bananahobby is the USA distributor.
FOX ONE! is offline Find More Posts by FOX ONE!
Old Jun 03, 2010, 05:04 PM
EDF Addict
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abagnalejr123 View Post
The thread on this is here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...mm+F+22&page=4

ETM is the Chinese distributor for Lanxiang RC, just as Bananahobby is the USA distributor.
ETM is in New York City.....he's not the Chinese distributor
huggett is offline Find More Posts by huggett