Closed Thread
Old May 04, 2010, 04:56 AM
Parma - Italy
Joined Nov 2009
61 Posts
Discussion
Home made EDF - Twin EDF for airliner

Hi everybody!!!

I'm building an RC airliner, so I need 2 EDF (I can even use 2 pull props hidden under the wings, but I want EDF!!! ).

The problem is that the EDF has very low efficency (thrust/W) so it needs more power from the battery to get the same thrust.
So I decided to take a normal brushless motor with a normal prop (maybe with 4 blades) and close them inside a duct (pipe), it will be bigger than a normal EDF because the diameter would be the same as the prop, but I'll get a lot more power with less consumption... right?!?

Another thing, having 1 motors on both sides of the plane (1 for each wing), should I make the two motors to rotate in opposite direction to avoid some strange behavior of the plane? Or it doesn't change a lot?

Thank you all!!!
NicholasC is offline Find More Posts by NicholasC
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2010, 05:16 AM
Novice RC pilot
California
Joined Feb 2008
623 Posts
Why have you posted this in the Batteries and Chargers forum and not the Power Systems forum?
u.rusty is offline Find More Posts by u.rusty
Old May 04, 2010, 06:03 AM
Parma - Italy
Joined Nov 2009
61 Posts
Yau are right, how can I delete it? I tryed but I couldn't figure out how.
NicholasC is offline Find More Posts by NicholasC
Old May 04, 2010, 11:46 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,416 Posts
Since you have already reposted in Power Systems, just close this thread by going to Thread Tools and choosing to.

Welcome to RCGroups, btw!

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Closed Thread