HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2010, 11:45 AM
Joined Mar 2005
184 Posts
LJ,

Do you know if you can transfer data from a 12x to an 11x ?

Thanks, Ron
Ronald Mong is offline Find More Posts by Ronald Mong
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2010, 12:57 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,923 Posts
Ron,
I am sorry but I am thinking that is not going to work. The 12X is an entity to itself. LJ
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Old May 08, 2010, 08:13 PM
Eggcellent...
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,461 Posts
Larry,
Does/will the 11X have a data backup and management system like the 12X? I haven't played with the 12X software much, other than to simply back up the programs, but I recall the ability to view/edit settings on the computer. Depending on the data format (i.e., ability to edit/read in its raw state) and also the ability to block copy/paste within these programs, there might be a manual workaround, at least to the extent that common settings like sub-trim, throws and basic mix percentages wouldn't have to all be individually re-entered in the new TX.

I'll try to play around with the 12X sometime soon and see what's up.

Tom
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
Old May 08, 2010, 08:22 PM
RIP MC
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,379 Posts
I was able to play with the JR 11X and was able to program the radio to do just about any programming for Sailplanes even without a manual.

The 11X is very easy to program. And thanks to the default flight conditions, programming in those conditions are a breeze.

I took a video of what the 11X could do for flaps and ailerons.

On the degree wheels, it is marked with TED and TEU for trailing edge down and trailing edge up but it's hard to see. I do this before installing servos to get very accurate throws.

The video is not of much use without also showing the TX but thought I would share it anyways for what it's worth .

TL

JR 11X Quick Test.wmv (4 min 15 sec)
fnnwizard is offline Find More Posts by fnnwizard
Old May 09, 2010, 01:22 AM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,084 Posts
Spotterone,

Yes, my understanding is that you can program absolute stops for control surfaces. Still gotta get the radion to see how it works, but everting looks good.

Sherman Knight
Team JR
duworm is online now Find More Posts by duworm
Old May 09, 2010, 06:02 AM
Can you DS it??
Australia, NSW, Berowra
Joined Aug 2008
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duworm View Post
Spotterone,

Yes, my understanding is that you can program absolute stops for control surfaces. Still gotta get the radion to see how it works, but everting looks good.

Sherman Knight
Team JR
Thanks Sherman, much appreciated.

Now, all I have to do is wait 12 months till it appears in Australia, and pay the mega markup for it

Leo
spotterone is offline Find More Posts by spotterone
Old May 09, 2010, 07:28 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,589 Posts
Ron,
I asked Peter and JD that question at Toledo, and as TW said, 12X stands alone. That also played in my consideration to keep the 12.

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old May 23, 2010, 06:46 AM
Can you DS it??
Australia, NSW, Berowra
Joined Aug 2008
1,420 Posts
I just read somewhere that the 11x is DSMJ rather than DSM2, and is therefore not compatible with DSM2 receivers.

Is this true? If that's the case, JR have lost a sale. I have 30-odd DSM2 receivers and won't be digging into planes to change them all over
Old May 23, 2010, 06:59 AM
Slope and thermal
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2003
402 Posts
My understanding (not certain though) is that the 11x sold in the USA will be DSM2.

DSMJ is sold in Japan now and is available in some other countries. I live in New Zealand. We can get DSM2 equipment from JR and Spektrum and we can also get DSMJ equipment from JR.

DSMJ is said to compliant with Japanese and European 2.4 GHz radio regulations. There is a question mark about DSM2 in Japan and Europe.

DSMJ is a frequency hopping design like Futaba FASST.

The DSMJ comes as a transmitter module (at least outside the USA it does).
EricSoar is offline Find More Posts by EricSoar
Old May 23, 2010, 07:02 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,589 Posts
DSMJ is from what I know to be Japan only because of their very congestd radio spektrum.

Marc
R.M. Gellart is offline Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old May 23, 2010, 10:12 AM
Can you DS it??
Australia, NSW, Berowra
Joined Aug 2008
1,420 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll have to wait till I'm looking at one to know if it's DSMJ or DSM2. Fingers crossed for DSM2!
Old May 26, 2010, 11:54 PM
Joined Apr 2008
148 Posts
The 11x will be DSM2 here in OZ. I have joined the back order list for when they come in, hopefully sooner then later.
The DSMJ was only developed for use in Japan, as 2.4Ghz is becoming very crowded over there.
There was no way that JR would cut their throats, and miss out on the 'Bind and Fly' market that seems to be taking off.
Hope this makes the decision easier
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotterone View Post
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll have to wait till I'm looking at one to know if it's DSMJ or DSM2. Fingers crossed for DSM2!
bundyglida is offline Find More Posts by bundyglida
Old May 27, 2010, 01:03 AM
Can you DS it??
Australia, NSW, Berowra
Joined Aug 2008
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bundyglida View Post
The 11x will be DSM2 here in OZ. I have joined the back order list for when they come in, hopefully sooner then later.
The DSMJ was only developed for use in Japan, as 2.4Ghz is becoming very crowded over there.
There was no way that JR would cut their throats, and miss out on the 'Bind and Fly' market that seems to be taking off.
Hope this makes the decision easier
That is what I thought. I just saw a reference to DSMJ on a website somewhere and thought it better that I asked the question.

Where did you join the backorder list? I emailed the Australian Distributor, and they couldn't give me any more info?
Old May 27, 2010, 09:01 AM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,774 Posts
It is DSM2, all the current 2.4 receivers you have are compatable.
s2000 is offline Find More Posts by s2000
Old May 27, 2010, 10:49 PM
Joined Apr 2008
148 Posts
O'riellys are taking/asking for, backorders, I placed mine through my friend who owns the local hobby shop here in Bundy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotterone View Post
That is what I thought. I just saw a reference to DSMJ on a website somewhere and thought it better that I asked the question.

Where did you join the backorder list? I emailed the Australian Distributor, and they couldn't give me any more info?
bundyglida is offline Find More Posts by bundyglida