HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2010, 12:59 PM
Joined Jul 2008
56 Posts
Help!
Maybe OT Scroll saw blades

I didn't know which forum to post this. I plan to do alot of scratch
buillt foamies and need to repair my broken gws models, I picked up a vari speed Craftsman 5" scroll saw at a local flea market this weekend.
It did not have any blades and when I looked up blades on ebay, well there are too many types out there. I need to cut thin aluminum, balsa & if possible
foam. So far Ive found spiral, skip tooth, reverse tooth, 46 t metal cutting, & size # 1-11, I need alittle help or sugguestion as to what would be best the blades for this hobby.
chuckinnc is offline Find More Posts by chuckinnc
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2010, 01:10 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,350 Posts
get a pack of these and see which work best
http://community.craftsman.com/Craft...ws?tab=details
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old May 03, 2010, 04:24 PM
Joined Sep 2004
266 Posts
The more teeth on the blade the smoother it will cut, especially in thin materials. The narrower, front to back, the tighter the radius can be cut. Spiral blades allow you to cut in any direction without having to rotate the work piece. For plastic you may want to slow the speed down to keep from melting the plastic. RT's suggestion is a good one, buy a combo pack and see what works.
miniman is offline Find More Posts by miniman