HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2010, 04:01 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
I'd like to put in my request for a good KE Spin on video Dan.

I have no trouble getting it to fall in to a KE spin but it isn't as tight as I'd like it to be.
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2010, 08:03 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
Yes... All great guitarists... There are too many to mention. I am a straight ahead Jazz fan. Some of you know this, but I am a Jaz Pianist, and have been performing since 16. I have gotten to perform with many jazz legends... Joe Pass is my favorite guitarist, and I got the pleasure of performing with him and Les Paul... guys like that. FYI
That´s is really great, glad to listen that buddy, you mut be then a very good artist in many ways...., and as we can see of your flying, keep that fingers well covered buddy . congratulations¡¡¡¡¡ and yes, you´re right, there are many guitarists legends to say exactly who is better between the very of the best, maybe just only different styles.
My most sincere admiration for share your talent.
Manolo.
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Last edited by ultimatetwo; Nov 20, 2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 05:52 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetwo View Post
That´s is really great, glad to listen that buddy, you mut be then a very good artist in many ways...., and as we can see of your flying, keep that fingers well covered buddy . congratulations¡¡¡¡¡ and yes, you´re right, there are many guitarists legends to say exactly who is better between the very of the best, maybe just only different styles.
My most sincere admiration for share your talent.
Manolo.
Well, I appreciate the compliments... JUst fell in love with music as a kid. We all have our thing... Pick the right path... And that's all it takes...

Now If I can just get this flying thing down! Seems like an endless climb! Kinda like music I guess. Maybe that's why we love it.
mtwargo is online now Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:55 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,629 Posts
Well, I finished my pull pull cables on my green-X bad boy Sunday morning and maidened in the afternoon. This is a real treat to fly I required absolutely zero trim and had the battery about 2-3 millimeters in front of the rear of the battery tray. Handled great in all attitudes, but it REALLY can get slow!! I did not have the battery very secure so I did not do any wild maneuvers, but look forward to pushing the airplane harder over the next week or so before it gets cold again. Great plane guys, this is something special!

On another note, one of my buddies at Stone Mountain RC got his in the air before me and on Saturday I may have witnessed the first Addiction X MIDAIR!!!

My buddy was flying his Red-X and was putting on a great aerobatic demonstration while my other buddy (webdr) shot aerial video with his Guai 330 quad-copter. I think we have got some great footage, but the last file with the midair was corrupted. Good news, the only damage the Ad-X suffered was a nick to one wheelpant (the CF ones were waiting to be installed anyway!) and the damage to the quad was minimal as it is all modular and will be a quick fix.

I hope to post many pics later this week; my computer has been in the shop since the 12th and will post as soon as it gets returned!!
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:35 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Nov 2008
119 Posts
Nice to here about a great maiden flight. Any tips for the pull pull system?

My green X should be here today or tomorrow.
A few of us here in Vancouver fly the smaller PA Addictions, Ultimate's and Extra's we just love them, just waiting for the big ones to arrive. yesterday we had a big crowd at Kamikaze field, it was a perfect day. We had plenty of 3D eye candy to look at.
rogersrick123 is offline Find More Posts by rogersrick123
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:56 PM
So. Calif.
Joined Nov 2008
464 Posts
BSBauman: congratulations on your maiden...its nice to know all of your diligent efforts paid off and it was a success. Look forward to some video or pics.
sylifis is offline Find More Posts by sylifis
Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:19 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,629 Posts
Thanks fellas!

Roger, the pull pull was as simple as can be to set up, just follow the instructions per the manual. However, I did swap out the kevlar lines to a zero-stretch braided synthetic line and used the supplied pushrods through the supplied ez-connectors. It is a great method that is super easy to adjust. I have my rudder servo mounted under the motor box and have the connectors facing down (towards the ground, not towards the bottom of the servo) that way it can be adjusted by simply taking off the cowl and flipping the plane over.

Sylifis, I have a few pics on my blog but most of my work on the plane was done after I had sent my laptop in for repairs. We will have more pics up soon; my buddy Matt Gun aka WebDr was is the photographer for the majority of the GREAT quality photos. Many more of my planes and other great photos and videos can be found at his blog here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=274296

We are going to take TONS of footage of the X and hope to get it up as much as possible before the holidays. I dont expect a great video as I have only modest skills but I plan on using some of those wonderful methods found in the "fake video" Do expect some nice photos next week though!

In the meantime, I am going to check and see if any of his air to air footage of the X came out of the collision saturday If so, I will embed vid or post a link...
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old Nov 22, 2010, 01:28 PM
Joined Jan 2008
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersrick123 View Post
Any tips for the pull pull system?
Here you go http://malaysia-rc.com/index.php?topic=17446.110
romeomustfly is offline Find More Posts by romeomustfly
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:11 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,564 Posts
By the way guys this weekend i took my 260 and ADX to the field, and got a total of 27 flights!! practicing for the vid, how many flights is the most you guys have gotten in one day??? 27 flights is my new record for sure.... going to see if this weekend i can beat it... although its going to be tough!! lol

Daniel
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:22 AM
TRETTLOCK
Göppingen
Joined May 2009
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
By the way guys this weekend i took my 260 and ADX to the field, and got a total of 27 flights!! practicing for the vid, how many flights is the most you guys have gotten in one day??? 27 flights is my new record for sure.... going to see if this weekend i can beat it... although its going to be tough!! lol

Daniel
that s a lot
my best is 19 flights..
PA what else is offline Find More Posts by PA what else
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:55 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
So which is the right hacker motor equivalent to the Thrust 40?
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:03 PM
Albany, OR.
Joined Nov 2010
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepople View Post
So which is the right hacker motor equivalent to the Thrust 40?
I used the Hacker A30-12L V2 with Ice50
rattfi is offline Find More Posts by rattfi
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:17 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
thx, any other motor recommendations?
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Nov 24, 2010, 09:18 PM
Albany, OR.
Joined Nov 2010
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepople View Post
thx, any other motor recommendations?
AXI 2820/12 (990kv) would be nice. 2820/14 (860kv) may make it a bit poochy any of those will be better than the thrust 40
rattfi is offline Find More Posts by rattfi
Old Nov 24, 2010, 09:53 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
United States, OR, Mt Angel
Joined Jan 2008
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattfi View Post
AXI 2820/12 (990kv) would be nice. 2820/14 (860kv) may make it a bit poochy any of those will be better than the thrust 40
So why is it you think these are better than the thrust 40?
D.B. Hooper is offline Find More Posts by D.B. Hooper