HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:37 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fu-corsair View Post
I would love to have a green one shipped to me in Canada, do I just go on the International site, register and log in then place my order to make sure I get one in October? Would I be able to bolt a Hacker A30-14L to the existing mounting holes in the firewall of this plane, reason being I have one.

Thanks Edward Obermaier.
Yes that is exactly right.
About the Hacker, I didn't check the motor size so I can't say if it fits the AddictionX (you'll need to compare to the Thrust 40) but generally, Hacker and Thrust has the same bolting configuration

Adad
PA team
Precision Aerob is online now Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:58 AM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob View Post
Hi guys,

finally, here are the photos of the other two colors available - the green is a new dark green, which I think looks amazing, very different to the original green Addiction. The purple is the same covering as the original one.

Delivery to the USA will be by mid October

Thanks

Adad
Precision Aerobatics Team
I don't understand. Are you guys Rabbito's or Melbourne Storm fans?

Seriously though, I just got off my bike to see this and threw up in my helmet. Ugliest. Schemes. Ever.

regards,

s
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Sep 10, 2010, 09:19 AM
To me, every day is Saturday
DAL/FTW
Joined Jul 2006
1,533 Posts
subsonic, have to agree with you about the colors. Those are BAD. Do not remember having seen worse in a commercially offered plane.
fall666 is offline Find More Posts by fall666
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:16 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,156 Posts
No one is forcing yall to buy these; but I am pretty sure once I get on the sticks with one, I am not going to give two flips about the scheme. I like the company and their products because of their performance... the red AMR is abousolutely beautiful though

BTW: Fall666, I dig the profile pic!
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:27 AM
Joined Mar 2007
32 Posts
I think what the colour shemes are concerned, that it is too early to talk about them relying on pictures....we are for sure the only ones (apart PA of course) who have the three colours on hand..and I must say...all colours look awesome once the plane is in front of you...I prefer the green one, but one of our pilots is getting mad because his prefered red/white one...sitting quite ready to go on the bench...can't get in the air tomorrow due to the fact that Hitec did not supply the servos on time...three people who saw the planes up to know do unisono agree that the "X" looks much better that the Addiction...so stop talking about things you do not know about and wait for the kits to be available...many will be surprise...how beautiful "ugly" can be...

Alvin (Germany)
braeckman is offline Find More Posts by braeckman
Old Sep 10, 2010, 02:39 PM
DAL/FTW
Joined Jul 2006
1,533 Posts
I probably will purchase the red plane. The other offerings are, to me, dissapointing. braeckman, you may be right about waiting to see how the colors look in person and not in a photo. We'll see.

bsbauman, yes, thought it was unique when I ran across it.

gb
Last edited by fall666; Sep 11, 2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 03:51 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,551 Posts
So what servos fit without modifying? I did not like all the filing on my first addiction…plus the balsa supports on the inside just fell apart.
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2010, 04:00 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,020 Posts
I bought the Addiction because I liked the look on paper (and on the internet). When I had it in my hands, It looked even better and I loved it. The mk1 looks are unique, but they translated well into the advertising. Once I'd paid my money and owned it, I fell in love with how it flew and that does it for me. This new version, I've not seen in the flesh, but first impressions are bloody awful. Too far to come for me I'm afraid.

s.
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Sep 11, 2010, 03:20 AM
Joined Mar 2007
32 Posts
regarding servos...the bay is 100% precise for the Hitec 5085...and the Voltec90...

I do not understand the problem of filing on the Addiction...if you use the recomended Voltec 70, Blue-Bird 373BBMG or Hitec HS55, everything fits perfectly.

Rgds
Alvin
braeckman is offline Find More Posts by braeckman
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:20 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Evansville IN
Joined Aug 2004
1,078 Posts
When I saw the red & white version it was not to bad and I thought other colors will be coming out but I don't know. I can't say that the others are ugly but they sure are not to my liking. I think I'll wait until the second run and see if PA re-thinks these color schemes.
olezippi is online now Find More Posts by olezippi
Old Sep 12, 2010, 11:57 AM
TRETTLOCK
Göppingen
Joined May 2009
161 Posts
here some pictures from the Green one
i love it
its different to see her in the air..the color looks much better
PA what else is offline Find More Posts by PA what else
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:26 PM
DAL/FTW
Joined Jul 2006
1,533 Posts
Better than 1st pictures but still not my cup of tea. I will go with red if I buy one. Considering turning a Bad Boy electric instead.

gb
Old Sep 12, 2010, 12:55 PM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
690 Posts
I like the green one. When do they go on sale?
DropTank is online now Find More Posts by DropTank
Old Sep 12, 2010, 01:53 PM
Joined Jul 2010
21 Posts
Hey guys: enjoy this great video:

Precision Aerobatics - Addiction X (2 min 55 sec)

The X was flown by Stefan Eitdorf.
AK47PELLA is offline Find More Posts by AK47PELLA
Old Sep 12, 2010, 06:13 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
That last photo with the MX in the background really gives you an idea of how big the Addy X is.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX