to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2011, 03:13 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalredneck View Post
I've been in the hobby about a year and only have Hackers in my foamies (a-10l and a-13l)......could you explain your experience with Hackers???

Thanx, Redneck...

I have an A10-9L on my Fancy Foam MX-2, and ever since the day I took it out of the package the timing on the motor has been cr@p; most of the time, it will not even spool up.

I am using a larger version on my RC-Factory Flash (will post exact model of Hacker later) and have the same problem with it; if I have time tonight, I will post a short video of the motor sucking at doing its job...

This is just my $0.02 based on my personal experience on 2 motors out of all the thousands of motors Hacker has sold. From all the reviews I read on Hacker, it does seem like most people have had better experience with this company than I...
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Mar 14, 2011, 05:10 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Hey Guys! My club held their 20th Annual IMAA event this year. If you missed it you missed one heluva show! Here's the event coverage link to my blog. I also created a video that is also on my blog that pretty much sums up the event.

TOM'S 3D HUCKFEST

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:16 PM
Joined Aug 2009
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Hey Guys! My club held their 20th Annual IMAA event this year. If you missed it you missed one heluva show! Here's the event coverage link to my blog. I also created a video that is also on my blog that pretty much sums up the event.

TOM'S 3D HUCKFEST

--Tom K.
That looks like it was nothin but good times. All the different planes. Very cool!! Do you guys have any other events say more summer months? Hard to escape from work just for a weekend way over here in Colorado till after april .. Cheers jw
theflyingJD is offline Find More Posts by theflyingJD
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:24 AM
Hacienda Heights, Ca., USA
Joined Sep 2009
252 Posts
Nice, thanks for sharing. Nick.
Nick9000 is offline Find More Posts by Nick9000
Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:56 AM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I have an A10-9L on my Fancy Foam MX-2, and ever since the day I took it out of the package the timing on the motor has been cr@p; most of the time, it will not even spool up.

I am using a larger version on my RC-Factory Flash (will post exact model of Hacker later) and have the same problem with it; if I have time tonight, I will post a short video of the motor sucking at doing its job...

This is just my $0.02 based on my personal experience on 2 motors out of all the thousands of motors Hacker has sold. From all the reviews I read on Hacker, it does seem like most people have had better experience with this company than I...
What speed control are you using, it may be your speed control. Also check to see if any of the wires going to the motor are broke.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Mar 15, 2011, 09:18 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
What speed control are you using, it may be your speed control. Also check to see if any of the wires going to the motor are broke.
I forgot to take the video; I did not even pull my computer out last night...

I am fairly sure the esc's are in good condition, on the A10-9L I am using CC9amp and on the bigger motor I am using a Hacker esc. No wires were frayed or even nicked.

A video would speak a million words... I will get that done tonight.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Mar 15, 2011, 05:33 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingJD View Post
That looks like it was nothin but good times. All the different planes. Very cool!! Do you guys have any other events say more summer months? Hard to escape from work just for a weekend way over here in Colorado till after april .. Cheers jw
We used to have a Summer Sizzler event (bunch of wierd funfly events), but for some reason we stopped doing it. Our Electric event is in October. I'm not sure if we have a posted date, but last year we tried having an electric only event (as apposed to a warbirds) and it was a big success and, I'm not sure exactly, but from the looks as far as spectator and pilot numbers, it was waaayyy better than the warbirds event.

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Mar 15, 2011, 05:46 PM
United States, MI, Lambertville
Joined Feb 2011
801 Posts
How does this plan fly compared to it's little brother? And can some one please tell me how it handles compared to say a 3D HS Slick? I really like this plane but Im looking at getting the small one.
Balsa Breaker is offline Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:25 PM
Joined Aug 2009
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsa Breaker View Post
How does this plan fly compared to it's little brother? And can some one please tell me how it handles compared to say a 3D HS Slick? I really like this plane but Im looking at getting the small one.
You cant go wrong with the small one!! I have been flying the crap out of it for the last year and it is just awesome awesome. I do have the Bigger one but have not got it in the air yet. I do have a slick 42 with only 9 flights on it.
I think the slick is very different in many respects and is gonna be more challenging...
Old Mar 15, 2011, 06:30 PM
Joined Aug 2009
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingJD View Post
You cant go wrong with the small one!! I have been flying the crap out of it for the last year and it is just awesome awesome. I do have the Bigger one but have not got it in the air yet. I do have a slick 42 with only 9 flights on it.
I think the slick is very different in many respects and is gonna be more challenging...
The addiction(smaller version) is all about ... Super floaty, Very predictable . .. easiest to hover, flies very slow without stalling,
and most of all down right fun and keeps you stoked on this hobby!!
Cheers jason
Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:39 AM
Space guzzler...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2010
200 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm finding that my Thrust 40 on the Addiction X gets pretty hot after each flight. So much so that I feel like I have to wait a while between flights to let it cool down. The ESC is fine.

I've got the air-scoops installed as per the manual, with the full iPAs package.

I know this is kinda to be expected when flying 3D for a whole flight, but I never could manage to get the T50 on the MX noticeably hot.

Is anyone else noticing any temp issues?

Tim
liftytim is offline Find More Posts by liftytim
Old Mar 16, 2011, 03:37 AM
Gloves are awkward
Preston, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,172 Posts
Yo Burger, congrats on the job and your little girl! My little one is three now it goes so quick! its good news for us that you have got back in the air! cant wait for the next Mafia Production...... and to see your destruction testing!!!!

Joey
ipjodan is offline Find More Posts by ipjodan
Old Mar 16, 2011, 04:15 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftytim View Post
Hey guys,

I'm finding that my Thrust 40 on the Addiction X gets pretty hot after each flight. So much so that I feel like I have to wait a while between flights to let it cool down. The ESC is fine.

I've got the air-scoops installed as per the manual, with the full iPAs package.

I know this is kinda to be expected when flying 3D for a whole flight, but I never could manage to get the T50 on the MX noticeably hot.

Is anyone else noticing any temp issues?

Tim
Never checked it myself. As I'm using the recommended iPAS setup I trust it and I only keep an eye on battery temps. Will check (if I remember) next time I fly.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Mar 16, 2011, 04:22 PM
Moscow
Joined Jun 2008
46 Posts
Hi guys,
Look at the white "X"-pilot from white season in white country:
Паша Addiction X от Precision Aerobatics (3 min 14 sec)
Surf_RUS is offline Find More Posts by Surf_RUS