Old May 03, 2010, 09:01 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
New Product
Xaircraft 650 quadri and Octo !!!

Hi all,
I don't know if the Octo is available, but he is very nice !!!
Looks like Xaircraft did a lot of development efforts for these models

More pictures here
http://www.maximus-racing.com/fr/max...craft_650.html

Cheers
Maximus
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2010, 09:24 AM
United States, GA, Mt Airy
Joined Dec 2001
1,002 Posts
Looks good... BUT... Can I turn in my 2 X600Ds that do not fly for a 650?
UniversalRC is offline Find More Posts by UniversalRC
Old May 03, 2010, 09:55 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalRC View Post
Looks good... BUT... Can I turn in my 2 X600Ds that do not fly for a 650?
He he, you have tosee that with your seller
Old May 03, 2010, 10:19 AM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
Hey Maximus,

What is that DH-Pro like? Do you have any info on it?

Cheers,

Niall
Niall is offline Find More Posts by Niall
Old May 03, 2010, 10:27 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
Hey Maximus,

What is that DH-Pro like? Do you have any info on it?

Cheers,

Niall
DH Pro can be a competitor of Microdrone MD4-200 he made his first autonomous take off and landing this weekend
I will post a video this week...
Cheers
Maximus
Old May 03, 2010, 01:01 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2007
4,530 Posts
Right now I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole!!! Too many people having problems with their X600D and Xaircraft isn't returning peoples emails etc. Poor documentation etc has contributed to what I would call a failure.

I'll give them credit, they did send me a full set of replacement parts but I gave up trying to make the X600D fly.

On a different note, I wouldn't mind getting one of those frames thou. I like the camera mount hanging from what looks like some kind of silicon rubber mounts. Should help get rid of vibrations. And the folding frame is a nice touch.

So, to sum up, frame/camera mount = nice, electronics = unproven.

- Jeff

Based on the above new unit, I can see why Xaircraft hasn't been spending too much time on their "older" quads. This has been their history so far. Build a new unit and forget the past ones. G-unit can tell you about that. Once the X600d came out, Xaircraft stopped supporting the X500. I guess this means now that the new X650 is out, they will stop supporting the X600. To anyone considering this unit, wait to see if they come out with decent documentation and support. (or an X700 before they work out all the bug on the X650)
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; May 03, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old May 03, 2010, 01:19 PM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,186 Posts
Hi Jeff,
I understand perfectly what you mean
"But" this product seems to be more "worked" than past ones...
Cheers
Maximus
Old May 03, 2010, 02:19 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2007
4,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus-rc View Post
Hi Jeff,
I understand perfectly what you mean
"But" this product seems to be more "worked" than past ones...
Cheers
Maximus
The product "appears" to be much more refined. A lot of nice features have been added. But if they don't get their act together and produce things like proper documentation (why do companies always neglect that?), the product will fail. I'm one of those who always RTFMs .

With the X600d they appeared to also have a nice product, but the lack of documentation and support have put it at risk. I have software for mine that I don't know how to use. We even asked for the Chinese version of a manual and we would translate it but Xaircraft never got back to us. The manual we are looking for is not the build manual. Simon of First Person Video did an excellent job of translating that one. What we need is one of the software that comes with the product and a flying guide on adjustments that should be made. You can't expect...actually, never mind. I'm getting way off track in this thread and I don't want to hijack it. I hope they do things right this time before shipping the X650 to anyone.

I'll be watching this craft but I won't be among the first 100 to buy one. As I said, they've added some very interesting features to this quad/octo. The frame has some very nice features that I wish I had in my X600 and that camera mount looks like it was done right.

- Jeff
Old May 03, 2010, 02:51 PM
Joined May 2010
488 Posts
I wrote to the Xaircraft guys asking after the X650-D pricing and lead-time and they send me a nice e-mail back with the following link:

http://xmseller.com/xmhobbiesnew/

And a note:

"650D need 4 month to release . price around USD800"

Anyway, I shall look forward to their next relese, and their first crop of beta testers.
Niall is offline Find More Posts by Niall
Old May 03, 2010, 03:18 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,065 Posts
Hi, Jeff
I think you would be very wise to "sit on the fence" with these products (and I include the other systems on the market at present, too!)
The systems are obviously far from being stabilised into consistent flying machines, so my advice is to take your family out, give them a great time, buy your wife a new outfit AND THEN when consistency of operation is achieved with a variety of skilled and unskilled pilots (as with the MK) then (if you still have any money left) your wife will give you her blessing and you can go ahead. As I've said previously, I spent altogether about $1500 on a quad system, managed to get it flying (just!) but could never have entrusted a good camera on it. Eventually, after much work, upgrades and heartache I managed to offload it for $100 - AN EXPENSIVE LESSON!
Best wishes, Jeff - Take care Ted
tedrobphoto is offline Find More Posts by tedrobphoto
Old May 03, 2010, 03:59 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2007
4,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrobphoto View Post
Hi, Jeff
I think you would be very wise to "sit on the fence" with these products (and I include the other systems on the market at present, too!)
The systems are obviously far from being stabilised into consistent flying machines, so my advice is to take your family out, give them a great time, buy your wife a new outfit AND THEN when consistency of operation is achieved with a variety of skilled and unskilled pilots (as with the MK) then (if you still have any money left) your wife will give you her blessing and you can go ahead. As I've said previously, I spent altogether about $1500 on a quad system, managed to get it flying (just!) but could never have entrusted a good camera on it. Eventually, after much work, upgrades and heartache I managed to offload it for $100 - AN EXPENSIVE LESSON!
Best wishes, Jeff - Take care Ted
Hi Ted ,

Actually "She Who Must be Obeyed" has finally approved a different project. I finally get to build a proper garage/workshop out back. My oldest son just completed a "home build" semester at his high-school and between us we should be able to complete the task. Once completed, I hope to revisit my quad quest and hopefully the two that I have been working on will have had all the bugs worked out.

- Jeff
Old May 03, 2010, 04:55 PM
Joined Nov 2001
1,118 Posts
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTY5NjQyMjIw.html
http://v.sdinfo.net/v_show/XMTY5NjQwMDA4.aspx
http://www.helibest.net/rc/vh-viewarticle.asp?id=694
massimo is offline Find More Posts by massimo
Last edited by massimo; May 03, 2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old May 04, 2010, 06:39 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,082 Posts
The frame looks fantastic, and that anti-vibration mount looks clutch. We should just all pitch in like 20-30 bucks and buy one, then someone can do a review to see if it is worth picking up.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old May 04, 2010, 08:44 PM
United States, IL, Springfield
Joined Jan 2010
202 Posts
This company has a terrible businesses model of pumping out product after product with no support for the end users.
I would never buy another product from them.

-X
Xymph is offline Find More Posts by Xymph
Old May 04, 2010, 10:02 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2007
4,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymph View Post
This company has a terrible businesses model of pumping out product after product with no support for the end users.

-X
You've managed to say in one sentence what took me several paragraphs to say.

- Jeff