Old May 03, 2010, 07:49 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
699 Posts
Help!
Hyperion Servo Slow

Hey there all,
Recently purchased a Hyperion Servo Slow to slow down my flaps when needed either extending or retractingOn;y way to reset is by disconnecting battery. They are working very well but the problem lies with the duration of them operating. The other night I was tinkering and found that after approx 8 flicks of the flap switch the flaps would not operate again?
I tried this numerouos times and all averaging about 6 times before it stops working, some times its when the flaps are up or down or even half way through. I thought it might be insufficient battery power but regardless what battery I use the same result. I even just sat it there playing with the switch of which after about 10 minutes it froze also regardless of motor operation. At logger heads with this one.
Does any one have any solutions for me as I would like to recitify this before its maiden this coming week end.

I await any one responce.
Cheers Shane
shanesmadhouse is offline Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just some of the hanger.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2010, 03:26 PM
AMA #953123
Eugene, ORYGUN
Joined Mar 2009
2,203 Posts
It could be overheating maybe? People don't usually toggle the retracts multiple times during a flight. I have no experience with this, but my guess is they aren't made for that amount of use without having a resting period.

I would try them maybe once every 5 minutes and see if they continue to function or act up. Best of luck getting this sorted out.
VROOMSTER is offline Find More Posts by VROOMSTER
Old May 04, 2010, 12:43 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
699 Posts
Vroom,
Yes I have thought of over heating but I will try it again as there is not actual heat generated off the unit, but I will go back and have another look.
Will keep plodding along until it resolves its self or I just get rid of the plane.
Cheers Shane
shanesmadhouse is offline Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just some of the hanger.
Old May 04, 2010, 04:54 AM
...design-build-fly-publish...
Ware, herts. U.K.
Joined Sep 2008
3,500 Posts
I would guess it's more likely to be a problem with the PIC program that confuses itself if operations come too close together.
Had it a few seconds to reset after each operation?

I haven't used one of these, but have found a good servo that is not only powerful but slow. It is a retract servo so only has two positions but takes 1.5 secs to go end to end. It is the SuperTek S136GH. I am using it for the flaps of my 144" DH Heron so need the power... and the slowness saves the model pitching up so suddenly every time they're operated.
eye4wings is offline Find More Posts by eye4wings