SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 03, 2010, 01:33 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
DHL to canada had no issues or extra charge.... it was very fast shipping.
Same here...

DHL package came yesterday (no customs or other fees) with my FY20A II but I was expecting to get my Skywalker also.

I ordered both FY20A II and the Skywalker at the same time from fpvflying... order # 47 and only the FY20A II showed up.

Sure hope the Skywalker is still in transit somewhere....
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2010, 01:56 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex View Post
Same here...

DHL package came yesterday (no customs or other fees) with my FY20A II but I was expecting to get my Skywalker also.

I ordered both FY20A II and the Skywalker at the same time from fpvflying... order # 47 and only the FY20A II showed up.

Sure hope the Skywalker is still in transit somewhere....
As far as I understand Hooks (FPVflying) is shipping the FY-21AP only with DHL. The Skywalker is shipped however with EMS. You should have received a EMS tracking number too. Check out the order status on FPVflying. Mine was there.

My FY-21AP from FPVflying is in Frankfurt now (80km from here). But no deliver today as we have a holiday here

---
Thursday, June 03, 2010 Location Time
10 Processed at Frankfurt - Germany Frankfurt - Germany 08:09
9 Clearance processing complete at Frankfurt - Germany Frankfurt - Germany 07:38
8 Arrived at Sort Facility Frankfurt - Germany Frankfurt - Germany 06:51

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 Location Time
7 Departed Facility in Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong 23:11
6 Processed at Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong 22:10
5 Processed at Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong 06:08
4 Arrived at Sort Facility Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong 05:10
3 Departed Facility in Hong Kong - Hong Kong Hong Kong - Hong Kong 03:28
2 Processed at Hong Kong - Hong Kong Hong Kong - Hong Kong 03:28

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 Location Time
1 Shipment picked up Hong Kong - Hong Kong 23:08
---

M.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Jun 03, 2010, 02:00 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
Quote:
RC failsafe is different for every system. Example:

Spektrum AR7000 "fail safe" is to hold all last positions. So if you go out of range and are in a spiral you continue the spriral. If you are flying straight you keep on flying straight... the AR9000 has programmable "failsafe" on each channel. So you can set it to a bit of right turn and level elevator. This give a small piece of mind that your plane will not fly out of sight.
Steve
Spektrum AR7000 "fail safe" does allow you to set the positions for each channel during a "fail safe".
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Jun 03, 2010, 03:07 PM
Thailand
Joined Apr 2006
317 Posts
Fy21ap

The have the choice for you at your Tx stick
Up position = Normal fly
Middle position = Fly with utilize stabilization function
Down position = Return home

Or you can return home by turn of you radio, and your radio set the failsafe to attivate Down position of you stick, this mean it will go to Return home function.
ThaiskyDigital is offline Find More Posts by ThaiskyDigital
Old Jun 03, 2010, 04:12 PM
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
As far as I understand Hooks (FPVflying) is shipping the FY-21AP only with DHL. The Skywalker is shipped however with EMS. You should have received a EMS tracking number too. Check out the order status on FPVflying. Mine was there.

M.
Thanks for the info.

My order status only shows one order, #47..... and one order tracking # which I presume is for the DHL order that I already received. (the FY20A)

I click on track status..... and the page I get does not recognize the tracking #

Copy/paste from order status page..........

Order #47

Order Date: 22nd May 2010
Recipient:************
This order is marked as Shipped
You chose to ship this order with FPV flying
The tracking number for this order is *************
Track the status of your order
Click the 'View Order' button to download the items you ordered.

The outstanding balance of your order is *********

Your Order Contains the Following Items:
  • 1 x Skywalker platform for UAV FPV
  • 1 x FY 20 A RC Flight Stabilization System
-------------------------------------------------

EDIT; ooops.... my mistake,

I was able to get the tracking # to work.
It seems my Skywalker plane is in customs...
Last edited by galaxiex; Jun 03, 2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2010, 06:42 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
yes you are correct this is new in the more recent firmware the old firmware does not. the only channel you can set for fail safe on the "older firmware AR7000" is throttle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti View Post
Spektrum AR7000 "fail safe" does allow you to set the positions for each channel during a "fail safe".
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Last edited by saabguyspg; Jun 03, 2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2010, 06:46 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
this is not correct,

One channel controls stabilzation, another controls the autopilot.

stabilzation channel is either "off" "stabilize" or "stabilize and hold elevation"

the other channel controls the autopilot so it is either "return to home" "off" or "circle at present point"

so you set the second channels fail safe to return to home when you are doing your fail safe procedure and if you turn off the TX then it will come home.

what is outlined below is not posible with this system (these three things on one channel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiskyDigital View Post
The have the choice for you at your Tx stick
Up position = Normal fly
Middle position = Fly with utilize stabilization function
Down position = Return home

Or you can return home by turn of you radio, and your radio set the failsafe to attivate Down position of you stick, this mean it will go to Return home function.
Old Jun 03, 2010, 08:25 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
Quote:
yes you are correct this is new in the more recent firmware the old firmware does not. the only channel you can set for fail safe on the "older firmware AR7000" is throttle...
Yep, the new firmware version only. If there is data on the label then its the new version. Which is several years old now.
Crist Rigotti is offline Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti
Old Jun 03, 2010, 08:55 PM
Thailand
Joined Apr 2006
317 Posts
Quote:
this is not correct,

One channel controls stabilzation, another controls the autopilot.

stabilzation channel is either "off" "stabilize" or "stabilize and hold elevation"

the other channel controls the autopilot so it is either "return to home" "off" or "circle at present point"

so you set the second channels fail safe to return to home when you are doing your fail safe procedure and if you turn off the TX then it will come home.

what is outlined below is not posible with this system (these three things on one channel)

To make sure I am not out the toppic and I use the same system which the people now talking. This system we use it since the product lunch, it been long time now the people start talking here. So below is the picture of how it connect to each channel.

I recently use it for our work at
http://www.thaisky-digital.com
ThaiskyDigital is offline Find More Posts by ThaiskyDigital
Old Jun 03, 2010, 11:29 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
this may be version one??? I am referring to version II which is outlined in the manual Hooks posted a link to... you need two RC switches to work this version....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiskyDigital View Post
To make sure I am not out the toppic and I use the same system which the people now talking. This system we use it since the product lunch, it been long time now the people start talking here. So below is the picture of how it connect to each channel.

I recently use it for our work at
http://www.thaisky-digital.com
Old Jun 03, 2010, 11:31 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
I quit using my AR7000 years ago because of the need for more range ;-)

this is perfect then you can set that channel to fail as return to home. That channel will overide the stabiliaztion channel when selected so you need to only set the one channel and your throttle channel to fail to about 3/4

thanks for helping clarify!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti View Post
Yep, the new firmware version only. If there is data on the label then its the new version. Which is several years old now.
Old Jun 04, 2010, 03:23 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
@ Galaxix
If you log into your account you will see a message in your mailbox..
You should have received this message long time ago,
18 Delivered - Signed for by : DNKSIGNED Edmonton - Canada 15:12
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Old Jun 04, 2010, 04:39 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
My FY-21AP from FPVflying is in Frankfurt now (80km from here). But no deliver today as we have a holiday here
DHL was just here with a parcel from Hong Kong
FYI: Shipment "method" worked fine, Hooks

M.
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Jun 04, 2010, 07:35 AM
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
@ Galaxix
If you log into your account you will see a message in your mailbox..
You should have received this message long time ago,
18 Delivered - Signed for by : DNKSIGNED Edmonton - Canada 15:12
Thanks Hooks, yes I received the FY20A stabilizer shipped DHL, but the plane was shipped EMS and just released from customs.

I had thought they were both shipped together.

No problem, it's all good.
Old Jun 04, 2010, 11:26 PM
Australia, QLD
Joined Jan 2010
31 Posts
Fy-21ap ii

Quote:
RC failsafe is different for every system. Example:

Spektrum AR7000 "fail safe" is to hold all last positions. So if you go out of range and are in a spiral you continue the spriral. If you are flying straight you keep on flying straight... the AR9000 has programmable "failsafe" on each channel. So you can set it to a bit of right turn and level elevator. This give a small piece of mind that your plane will not fly out of sight.

Other systems like the Thomas Long range system I use I can set failsafe in flight. So I set my autopilots into the return to home and circle mode while flying, then I press a button and it sends those positions to the receiver and they are stored as the "failsafe" position which is really just the lost signal position. Now if I lose RC signal the plane comes home.

this can be done with this OSD and RTL system as well. Just set the channel that controls the autopilot and tells it to RTL such that in the event of lost signal it comes home.

This system does not control throttle however and that should be set to half or more throttle to ensure you don't stall on the way home...

hope this helps clarify some of these questions

Steve
Oh , that is NOT good news

So basically what you are saying is that given my current setup (Spektrum Dx6i & AR7000) that if I was to lose signal and the "Failsafe" activated the "Return Home" mode on the FY-21AP II the following would happen.

The servo's would lock in their last position and the FY-21AP flight stabilizer would not be able to override the receiver and provide/control stabilisation and heading, and depending on my last input I would sill watch my plane fly out of sight
Optic-Flare is offline Find More Posts by Optic-Flare
Last edited by Optic-Flare; Jun 04, 2010 at 11:33 PM.