447 Posts
Thanks.
jon davies is offline Find More Posts by jon davies
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2010, 09:26 AM
Joined Dec 2005
271 Posts
fy problems.

Hi guy's need more HELP!!, intended to go flying but this pain in the ass fyap21 is not working on setup, set it up this morning all working fine ie both switches working as they should switched off, switched on before I left home now the two switches wont set the modes to work!, tested the two channels 5n6 by pluging in the receiver ports 5n6 with two servo's that works ok three positions on each servo then placed the two leads back in the receiver 5n6 no joy can get one mode to work ie auto mode but the standard mode wont switch on!, this thing is a NIGHTMARE, also can't find the small book that came with it and can't find in the online manual the flasing codes for knowing whats going on very fed up vince.
ukcncslave is offline Find More Posts by ukcncslave
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:01 AM
Joined Dec 2005
271 Posts
easystar and ailerons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
if the FY21-AP use Aileron for the RTH, how does this work with a stock Easystar :O !!
Hi do what most other people do, as I did fit some ailerons works great just a evenings work vince.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:19 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon davies View Post
Hi galaxiex.
Have you tried this and got it working with a stock EZ*?
Regards.
Yes. I've seen this work well on a Super Solution with no Ailerons.
Instead of putting rudder servo to Rud Out, connect it to the Ail Out.

BB
borneobear is online now Find More Posts by borneobear
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:24 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcncslave View Post
Hi guy's need more HELP!!, intended to go flying but this pain in the ass fyap21 is not working on setup, set it up this morning all working fine ie both switches working as they should switched off, switched on before I left home now the two switches wont set the modes to work!, tested the two channels 5n6 by pluging in the receiver ports 5n6 with two servo's that works ok three positions on each servo then placed the two leads back in the receiver 5n6 no joy can get one mode to work ie auto mode but the standard mode wont switch on!, this thing is a NIGHTMARE, also can't find the small book that came with it and can't find in the online manual the flasing codes for knowing whats going on very fed up vince.
You need to relax. Getting all excited won't help.

You're using Futaba radio right? If switches don't work, you can use the transmitter Vr(A) or Vr(B) dials to shift between modes and autopilot instead of switches.
If your switch set up does not result in the correct signal output from your Rx channels 5 & 6, the FY21AP will not know what you want.

The manual is at the bottom of this page:

http://shop.fyetech.com/product_info...products_id=22

BB
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:10 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
Thanx for the manual link but as BB said, i looking for the NEW OSD !
I seen the pictures of the NEW OSD, and I`m not so convinced that the new is better than the old one ?
Finally found a picture of the new OSD AP117.

Now I understand why the changed it.

BB
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:00 PM
Joined Dec 2005
271 Posts
fed up vince.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear View Post
You need to relax. Getting all excited won't help.

You're using Futaba radio right? If switches don't work, you can use the transmitter Vr(A) or Vr(B) dials to shift between modes and autopilot instead of switches.
If your switch set up does not result in the correct signal output from your Rx channels 5 & 6, the FY21AP will not know what you want.

The manual is at the bottom of this page:

http://shop.fyetech.com/product_info...products_id=22

BB
Hi BB you are right need to calm down a little, but when you have set it all up then switch on later and it seam’s to have lost all of the settings my little patience goes out of the window and I have to walk away, Ok main problem when switching on was the red light seems stuck in the two red flashes mode!! when it should flash continues right!, will try again this evening with a couple of cans of lager or maybe more, found the part in the manual printed it out and it keep safe, will try all the spare channels from 5 to 8 and a vary the switch types thanks again Vince.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 02:56 PM
Joined Dec 2005
271 Posts
problems solved.

Quote:
Hi BB you are right need to calm down a little, but when you have set it all up then switch on later and it seam’s to have lost all of the settings my little patience goes out of the window and I have to walk away, Ok main problem when switching on was the red light seems stuck in the two red flashes mode!! when it should flash continues right!, will try again this evening with a couple of cans of lager or maybe more, found the part in the manual printed it out and it keep safe, will try all the spare channels from 5 to 8 and a vary the switch types thanks again Vince.
HI BB it took me five minutes to sort out set the pilot modes on the switch E and the autopilot modes on the vra dial works fine now, can't understand whey it didn’t work that way before!! Ah well lets hope it works the same tomorrow
Regards Vince.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:21 PM
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined Jun 2008
413 Posts
That AP117 exterior does look much smaller than the one month old FYOSD that came with mine. Please share video on the new screen in action if you can!

I hope Hooks and FY may consider eventually integrating the two into a smaller case - would love to use these on parkflyers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear View Post
Finally found a picture of the new OSD AP117.

Now I understand why the changed it.

BB
Levendis is offline Find More Posts by Levendis
Old Oct 10, 2010, 09:28 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,952 Posts
it did not work before because you did not have your switches set up properly, likely that radio's midpoint needs to be adjusted, it's not the FY-unit's fault.... use the online manual, it has been posted here more times than I care to mention and finally RELAX DUDE it's a hobby.

Steve

Quote:
HI BB it took me five minutes to sort out set the pilot modes on the switch E and the autopilot modes on the vra dial works fine now, can't understand whey it didnít work that way before!! Ah well lets hope it works the same tomorrow
Regards Vince.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:02 AM
Joined Dec 2005
271 Posts
no patiance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
it did not work before because you did not have your switches set up properly, likely that radio's midpoint needs to be adjusted, it's not the FY-unit's fault.... use the online manual, it has been posted here more times than I care to mention and finally RELAX DUDE it's a hobby.

Steve
Hi Steve you and BB are right I will calm down it's just frustrating when your ready to go flying and nothing works as it did, well today the sun is out looks a good day for testing out the fyap21, just tested it and all is fine, maybe I need to do a factory reset on my 9c tx and start from fresh, thanks for putting up with me and my problems Vince.
Last edited by ukcncslave; Oct 11, 2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:11 AM
Naza, Rabbit, FF, MWC, FY
Saint-Petersburg Russia
Joined Jun 2008
186 Posts
Was tested FY-21AP w/GPS only at unstable flying wing. RTH perfect, Altitude hold perfect! All of my dreams it is a new firmware with THROTTLE control. Fail safe TROTTLE operatopn is unsafe for users and unsafe to the motor/esc in a case of cutoff landing etc.
The THROTTLE control will bring the device on to the next level that is unreachable for other developers!
Thanks!
P.S. Dont look at FY-20, it's just a older photo. Setup was the same with FY-21AP installed. The same wing, no airfoil, no vertical stabilizers (ears). Just 4 layers of depron, ha ha
RCWingFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RCWingFlyer
Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:14 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwingflyer View Post
all of my dreams it is a new firmware with throttle control.
Thanks!
+2.

bb
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:44 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,952 Posts
I feel you pain.... too many sunny days go by without flying.... please keep us posted of any problems or hopefully good news!

Just make sure you have the control surfaces going the right way in stabilization mode (that was my mistake) and I hope she flies for you!

Steve

Quote:
Hi Steve you and BB are right I will calm down a it's just frustrating when your ready to go flying and nothing works as it did, well today the sun is out looks a good day for testing out the fyap21, just tested it and all is fine, maybe I need to do a factory reset on my 9c tx and start from fresh, thanks for putting up with me and my problems Vince.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:23 PM
Joined May 2005
1,165 Posts
I got some Theoretical problems with using Fail-safe on throttle.

1. When the battery is weak, you need to throttle up slowly to gain power. if not my ESC will turn off the motor (when low of power)
if the ESC draw to much current you need to turn OFF throttle and then power up again (in this scenario the FS will not do this, and plane crash)

2. If the plane chrash the fail-safe will make the motor run at half power and not moving.
the result will be a burned ESC\MOTOR\BATTERY !!

I have an idea of a crash switch on my Easystar.
If you mount a switch on the plane that will turn OFF motor if it detect an hard impact, that could save your ESC\MOTOR ! ( yes...?)

But again, I wish that FY had throttle control !!! :O
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow