HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2010, 11:58 AM
Thailand
Joined Apr 2006
317 Posts
Fy 21ap

As I mention that I use this system since last year, they sell two kind.
One is for stabilize and return home function, this one have GPS. And you can aad it OSD to show the figure.

Ohter one is for stabilize only do not have gps.

The GPS version have two version, the last version they can make attitude hold and headding hold.

One interesting function that they do not have is what we call sprial.

This mean , when you fly to specific area you can click the stick then the airplan will fly circle to that area, this function is good for you to do aerial photography in the target area.

But the manufacture said that they will make this function if customer order big volume enought.

I do not know that now manufacture already put this function to the product in the new version or not.
ThaiskyDigital is offline Find More Posts by ThaiskyDigital
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2010, 12:05 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiskyDigital View Post
As I mention that I use this system since last year, they sell two kind.
One is for stabilize and return home function, this one have GPS. And you can aad it OSD to show the figure.

Ohter one is for stabilize only do not have gps.

The GPS version have two version, the last version they can make attitude hold and headding hold.

One interesting function that they do not have is what we call sprial.

This mean , when you fly to specific area you can click the stick then the airplan will fly circle to that area, this function is good for you to do aerial photography in the target area.

But the manufacture said that they will make this function if customer order big volume enought.

I do not know that now manufacture already put this function to the product in the new version or not.
The FY-21AP II (the new version) has the "auto circle over position" function!
Check out the manual which is available for download e.g. at FPVflying.com

My FY-21AP II is supposed to be on the way from China to Germany now. I can't tell for sure though as I have no tracking number, so I just hope that all is fine.

Miha
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Jun 02, 2010, 03:00 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Jan 2010
31 Posts
"Return home function"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
The FY-21AP II (the new version) has the "auto circle over position" function!
Check out the manual which is available for download e.g. at FPVflying.com

My FY-21AP II is supposed to be on the way from China to Germany now. I can't tell for sure though as I have no tracking number, so I just hope that all is fine.

Miha
The following extract is taken from the manual for the FY21AP system which consists of:
1. FY 21 AP-Ⅱ
2. FY OSD-Ⅱ
3. FY DL 100A (Current Sensor)
4. FY GPS (10HZ GPS module)

"The FY- Flight Stabilizer is a very good helper for the learner. It can reduce the crash losses caused by bad operation. When there is an abnormal condition, operators just need to free the operation; the plane can be automatically restored to smooth flight state. The automatically return flight function can prevent the plane lost. FY-21AP is the perfect choice for FPV and simple UAV. The autopilot function make the long distance control to be easy; and the automatically return flight function ensure the plane can be returned"

And

"Two Special Modes:
Special Mode 1: Auto Return Mode. In this mode, the plane flies to the return point automatically, and take the current altitude as the target altitude, keep flying in this height. Take the return point as Center of circle and hovering when reach the return point, the default circling radius is 120 meters ."

But as I say the devil is always in the fine print :-)

What it doesn't say is how the "return to home mode" is activated.

A: Is it activated by receiving a signal from my transmitter? (by connecting to a spare channel and then throwing the switch if I have lost sight of my plane for one reason or another) or

B: Is the auto return mode activated when the unit stops receiving signals from the transmitter say for example in the event I fly out of range of my transmitter, thus returning my expensive plane back to me? or

C: Both "A" and "B"?

I venture to suggest that if the answer is clarified as being "C" or to a lesser extent "B".... well let's just say the manufacturer is about to make a lot of money!
Optic-Flare is offline Find More Posts by Optic-Flare
Last edited by Optic-Flare; Jun 02, 2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old Jun 02, 2010, 07:50 AM
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Tostrup
Joined Apr 2006
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optic-Flare View Post
The following extract is taken from the manual for the FY21AP system which consists of:
1. FY 21 AP-Ⅱ
2. FY OSD-Ⅱ
3. FY DL 100A (Current Sensor)
4. FY GPS (10HZ GPS module)

"The FY- Flight Stabilizer is a very good helper for the learner. It can reduce the crash losses caused by bad operation. When there is an abnormal condition, operators just need to free the operation; the plane can be automatically restored to smooth flight state. The automatically return flight function can prevent the plane lost. FY-21AP is the perfect choice for FPV and simple UAV. The autopilot function make the long distance control to be easy; and the automatically return flight function ensure the plane can be returned"

And

"Two Special Modes:
Special Mode 1: Auto Return Mode. In this mode, the plane flies to the return point automatically, and take the current altitude as the target altitude, keep flying in this height. Take the return point as Center of circle and hovering when reach the return point, the default circling radius is 120 meters ."

But as I say the devil is always in the fine print :-)

What it doesn't say is how the "return to home mode" is activated.

A: Is it activated by receiving a signal from my transmitter? (by connecting to a spare channel and then throwing the switch if I have lost sight of my plane for one reason or another) or

B: Is the auto return mode activated when the unit stops receiving signals from the transmitter say for example in the event I fly out of range of my transmitter, thus returning my expensive plane back to me? or

C: Both "A" and "B"?

I venture to suggest that if the answer is clarified as being "C" or to a lesser extent "B".... well let's just say the manufacturer is about to make a lot of money!
My bid would be A, and you are supposed to set your failsafe in your RCrx to activity it when needed.
LKJ is offline Find More Posts by LKJ
Old Jun 02, 2010, 07:54 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,216 Posts
Regarding failsafes... how the glitches are handled ?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jun 02, 2010, 08:22 AM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2005
353 Posts
agree with LKJ. That is the most likely method of activation. Just set the channel used to activate to failsafe to the correct position.

Regards

Fergus.
Fergus is offline Find More Posts by Fergus
Old Jun 02, 2010, 03:05 PM
Joined May 2008
108 Posts
No reviews , only one video on the net ...
sebip is offline Find More Posts by sebip
Old Jun 02, 2010, 03:29 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,092 Posts
I am installing it right now... I will post results in a week or so.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jun 03, 2010, 02:00 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebip View Post
No reviews , only one video on the net ...
I guess there are reviews, but on the Chinese speaking part of the Internet

BTW, a vendor in Romania has the FY stuff now too in stock:
http://www.europemodels.eu/c_34_Flig...stabilisation/

Or in RO language and prices in ROL:
http://www.sierra.ro/Stabilizatoare-de-zbor-c136c.html

Not sure if it is the II version though. The photo shows the old version (without the II on the sticker).

BTW, DHL tracking shows that my FY-21AP II from FPVflying.com has reached Germany this morning (from HK Heliport Hong Kong... LOL... no way!). Delivery maybe today already

Noroc,
Miha
Old Jun 03, 2010, 02:16 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,623 Posts
Quote:
DHL tracking shows that my FY-21AP II from FPVflying.com has reached Germany
Miha
Do tell us if DHL / Customs bit you in the .

Good luck dude.
borneobear is online now Find More Posts by borneobear
Old Jun 03, 2010, 02:21 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear View Post
Do tell us if DHL / Customs bit you in the .

Good luck dude.
Shipping from BEV via EMS was perfect with regard to customs (if you know what I mean)
I fear that DHL will be the opposite...

M.
Old Jun 03, 2010, 02:35 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Jan 2010
31 Posts
Rc failsafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ View Post
My bid would be A, and you are supposed to set your failsafe in your RCrx to activity it when needed.
I had never heard of a RC fail safe It just goes to show, you learn something new every day :-)

Given the RC fail safe I will have to agree with LKJ to.
Optic-Flare is offline Find More Posts by Optic-Flare
Old Jun 03, 2010, 03:08 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
New version on FY 21 AP Manual in better English.
http://www.fpvflying.com/downloads/FY-21AP-manual.pdf
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Old Jun 03, 2010, 02:26 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,092 Posts
RC failsafe is different for every system. Example:

Spektrum AR7000 "fail safe" is to hold all last positions. So if you go out of range and are in a spiral you continue the spriral. If you are flying straight you keep on flying straight... the AR9000 has programmable "failsafe" on each channel. So you can set it to a bit of right turn and level elevator. This give a small piece of mind that your plane will not fly out of sight.

Other systems like the Thomas Long range system I use I can set failsafe in flight. So I set my autopilots into the return to home and circle mode while flying, then I press a button and it sends those positions to the receiver and they are stored as the "failsafe" position which is really just the lost signal position. Now if I lose RC signal the plane comes home.

this can be done with this OSD and RTL system as well. Just set the channel that controls the autopilot and tells it to RTL such that in the event of lost signal it comes home.

This system does not control throttle however and that should be set to half or more throttle to ensure you don't stall on the way home...

hope this helps clarify some of these questions

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optic-Flare View Post
I had never heard of a RC fail safe It just goes to show, you learn something new every day :-)

Given the RC fail safe I will have to agree with LKJ to.
Old Jun 03, 2010, 02:28 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,092 Posts
DHL to canada had no issues or extra charge.... it was very fast shipping.

Quote:
Shipping from BEV via EMS was perfect with regard to customs (if you know what I mean)
I fear that DHL will be the opposite...

M.