HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:12 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopp View Post
Can`t get my fy21ap gps to work, i got sat lock 2times but no more.
I have wired longer cables to get i more away from esc, but it dont work.
There are 2 red wires coming out from the gps, is bouth + wires?
Try this:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1262
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:38 AM
Mosjøen, Norway
Joined Oct 2009
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear View Post
Ty i will try it, but do you know what the 2 red wires in to the gps are? are they + wires?
flopp is offline Find More Posts by flopp
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:24 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,960 Posts
nice BB!!!

Quote:
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:49 AM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,165 Posts
So guys , im having the DX6i and after some reading I find that this transmitter is no good for the FY21AP, as I need two 3-way switches.

How many channels do I need?
As I will be using this new transmitter only for FPV, maybe a second hand 35mhz or 72mhz would do?

Any suggustions what to choose? My video gear is 1.2ghz.

Is the Turnigy 9x a good choice? enough switches , and fail safe programming...? its just a bit cheap , so im a little bit skeptical
octane81 is offline Find More Posts by octane81
Last edited by octane81; Jun 11, 2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 05:58 PM
Joined Sep 2008
97 Posts
Hi lads,

can anybody supply a download link or a copy of AP21 GCS v2.2 (original ). I need it to comunicate via modem to my AP21.

cheers
tete is offline Find More Posts by tete
Old Jun 11, 2011, 06:31 PM
Joined Sep 2008
97 Posts
I downloaded gcs version 2.2 from http://shop.fyetech.com/product_info...42&language=en but it gives me an error message regarding
mapx50.dll when I try to install
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:14 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tete View Post
I downloaded gcs version 2.2 from http://shop.fyetech.com/product_info...42&language=en but it gives me an error message regarding
mapx50.dll when I try to install
I had the same problem. I can't recall how I solved it, but it was solved.

If I recall correctly, you need to bundle the entire programme in one folder. The mapx50.dll should be in the folder, not outside. If I am not mistaken, it is supplied with the download.
Or you can download from the net.

Can't fully remember (getting old).

When I can recall, I'll post it.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 03:16 AM
Joined Apr 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talontsi96 View Post
Hey guys. I have a question I have just set up my Fy21Ap on a skywalker and had a very sucessful first flight. I do have an issue though with the GPS locking the home position. it works but it takes a minimum of 5 to 10 minutes before it locks in. This happens even after a battery change after a flight at the same filed. Is there a way to get the GPS lock faster? is there a way a guy could add a battery backup to the GPS receiver so it remembers its last positions such that after a battery change it finds the sats faster.
Just got my FY-21 AP II system set up and had the first test flight. Things worked well, except one... exactly the same problem, the GPS RTH signal took 5 to 10 mins to lock. After replaced the battery, then it took again 5 to 10 mins. Is there some setup I did wrong? BTW, the GPS receiver are far from any other TX signal.. Anyone can comment ?

Alan
alan.tz.tan is offline Find More Posts by alan.tz.tan
Old Jun 13, 2011, 03:22 AM
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
772 Posts
I can get 5 sat in about 30s, not know why so many people are having difficulties with gps lock..
HF_ATL is offline Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Old Jun 13, 2011, 04:50 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_ATL View Post
I can get 5 sat in about 30s, not know why so many people are having difficulties with gps lock..
I think maybe its the power supply from the FY21AP. Hence the mod I suggested.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:08 AM
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
772 Posts
I'm not using any regulator to provide a stable 3.3v and even so I get fast lock. Maybe is because I'm using a 5a UBEC.

Quote:
I think maybe its the power supply from the FY21AP. Hence the mod I suggested.
HF_ATL is offline Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:09 PM
Joined Sep 2008
97 Posts
Quote:
I had the same problem. I can't recall how I solved it, but it was solved.

If I recall correctly, you need to bundle the entire programme in one folder. The mapx50.dll should be in the folder, not outside. If I am not mistaken, it is supplied with the download.
Or you can download from the net.

Can't fully remember (getting old).

When I can recall, I'll post it.
found the mapx50.dll (1.5MB file)on the internet and placed it in the folder with FYGCS2.2.exe but still could not install. I tried registering the dll with REGSVR32 c:\MAPX50.DLL but still no luck
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:46 PM
Fly Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
Central California USA
Joined Feb 2011
379 Posts
Separate your Video Tx antenna as far as possible from any Receivers including GPS Modules. Isolate connecting electrical by using torroids on links such as GPS, VTX, RCVR's. This isolation will filter out much RFI. I personaly power the FY from the rcvr powered from the BEC. This is the best clean power connection way I have found.
EarthOrbiter is offline Find More Posts by EarthOrbiter
Old Jun 15, 2011, 09:20 AM
Joined Jan 2006
193 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have three questions related to the FY-21AP with the AP117 OSD.

1. For the cable that connects the AP117 to the FY-21AP, do I need both Data TX and Data RX cabled plugged in? The cable that came with the system only had ground and Data RX cables in the connector, but then no data was displaying on the screen except for the format (same problem as Dutch Jones in Post #1499: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1499). When I added the 3rd wire (Data TX), the data started coming across to the screen. I understand V+ is not required on that connector for this setup.

2. Can someone explain what information is going back and forth between the two units with the Data TX and Data RX cables? I understand that GPS, altitude, direction data, etc is getting sent from the FY-21AP to the AP117, but what information is required from the AP117 to the FY-21AP?

3. The bottom characters on my screen are getting cut off (I can only see about 1/2 the text). I have a NTSC camera (just bought from securitycamera2000.com), and a 720 x 480 10" TV screen. When I plug the system in, the AP117 displays that it is in NTSC (as expected). I have used this camera with a Cyclops OSD, and everything displays find on the screen. Still, it looks like my AP117 is outputting PAL, even though it says "NTSC" on the screen. Is there any way to force the AP117 to output a particular format? I've seen it recommended in the FAQs, but I don't see a procedure to do it anywhere.

Thanks,
Tux
ptuxbury is offline Find More Posts by ptuxbury
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:37 AM
Joined Jan 2006
193 Posts
Okay, I narrowed down a couple of my issues:

From #1 above: The OSD data wasn't displaying properly on my screen because the white wire that makes the connection from the AP117 to FY-21AP had a bad crimp on the connector. I replaced it with another wire that I crimped myself, and the data started displaying on my screen.

From #3 above: It appears that my camera is causing the issues with the AP117. If I remove the camera from the equation, the text looks normal and fits within the screen. If I plug the camera back in, the text goes back to being too spread out and not fitting on the screen. It looks like I will probably have to buy another camera (major bummer, since I dished out $$$ for a camera that won't work for me).

Does anyone know if I can fiddle with the settings in my camera to change it somehow to display properly? I know, it's a reach, but maybe someone else had this problem and was able to fix it.

Thanks,
Tux
ptuxbury is offline Find More Posts by ptuxbury