HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Sofa King, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 02, 2010, 02:34 PM
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined Jun 2005
536 Posts
Discussion
Good and Bad Day to Fly

Wayne rebuilt his 4star 60.....its a whole new plane....he didn't get to fly it today as he had issues with the little red&white plane....it didn't come back in one piece......

the four star 60 of mine not pictured in this thread flew great with the 17cc gasser....i think the prop is a little pitchy or the engine needs broke in a little more....the rpm's weren't as good as i would have liked them....14x8 prop may go to 14x6 or 13x6....

and finally i lost an old friend today....the RedBull Extra330....thats what i get for showing off....pilot error all the way....luckily i have another still in the pile begging to be built....i may try a little 4stroke on it this time....
Sofa King is offline Find More Posts by Sofa King
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2010, 04:21 PM
][' ([]) ([]) [[_
lakeland florida
Joined Apr 2008
357 Posts
the edge looks salvageable
warbirdace is offline Find More Posts by warbirdace
Old May 02, 2010, 06:08 PM
Joined Jun 2005
536 Posts
the redbull extra ???? ....pm me your address and i'll mail it to ya.....lol.....it was a horrible crash........
Old May 02, 2010, 08:50 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,886 Posts
That was a 4*60?? How'd he do that?
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old May 02, 2010, 10:06 PM
Joined Jun 2005
536 Posts
thats wayne....he is around 80 years old....a master builder....been building planes before the wright brothers i think....lol

i looked it over and he closed in the underside where the wing used to go....then built up a cabin on top....the windshield he said is made from a "Coors" beer can turned inside out.....its a whole new plane.

i haven't seen you around in awhile....how are you getting along Kmot?
Old May 03, 2010, 09:14 PM
][' ([]) ([]) [[_
lakeland florida
Joined Apr 2008
357 Posts
hell i would drive a hundred miles for that thing!i probally could rebuild it but it would take some time.
Old May 03, 2010, 09:54 PM
Joined Jun 2005
536 Posts
are you two pulling my leg?.....

the canopy is in three pieces.....the fuse is smashed clear back to the wings....the cowl is in one piece but badly smashed.....the wings pulled sections of the fuse apart where they mount....

if you want it let me know soon....its outside in a trash can and they pickup on friday morning
Last edited by Sofa King; May 03, 2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old May 08, 2010, 10:00 AM
][' ([]) ([]) [[_
lakeland florida
Joined Apr 2008
357 Posts
hey ive fixed worse,you see im a kid who doesent have money to spend willy nilly on planes.so i could take in whatever i can.
Old May 09, 2010, 12:07 PM
matt the cat
strongsville ohio
Joined Oct 2005
669 Posts
hey if you want to sale the red bull i can use it for parts. let me know .. heres mine running a 4 cell 2350 with a turnigy motor on it . unlimited vertical
matthew james is offline Find More Posts by matthew james
Old May 09, 2010, 12:40 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,385 Posts
As long as you pick up all the pieces to use as templates you can rebuild that easy. I'm sure you can find either a replacement or one close enough to fit.
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old May 09, 2010, 01:04 PM
Joined Jun 2005
536 Posts
sorry matthew james........it went to the landfill friday.....the wings and tail could have been salvaged....i guess next time i have a massive oops i'll offer up the parts.....