HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:56 AM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,935 Posts
No Holley TBI upgrade?

I put one on my 79 CJ5 with an AMC 304 and it made such a difference in driveability but still had the power.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:08 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,293 Posts
Are any of yall friendly with any full scale heli pilots?
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:46 PM
United States, GA, Dunwoody
Joined Feb 2011
681 Posts
Yes, depending on where and how high you might want him to push you out. <G> Call me.
BeechMusketeer is offline Find More Posts by BeechMusketeer
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:44 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,293 Posts
Thanks Joel, it was a last minute deal to pick up my friend tonight after he proposes (another pimp down). He got it sorted out though, I appreciate your offer.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:58 PM
Mr. Breeze
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,773 Posts
Ahh man! Pimp down! Did you show him pics of her mom? Grab by the shoulders and shake violently!?!
Lol...congrats to your buddy...
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:02 PM
United States, GA, Dunwoody
Joined Feb 2011
681 Posts
What is a pimp down. Us old guys need better guidance.
BeechMusketeer is offline Find More Posts by BeechMusketeer
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:04 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
The player can no longer play
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:14 PM
The Bronconator
Georgia
Joined Apr 2009
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelRay View Post
Wow, that's definitely not what I was expecting. Any details to share, the model, powertrain,overall condition, color, etc.?
Sorry ya missed the deal, maybe another one will come along someday.
Was the asking price pretty salty, I've heard of some going for fairly decent prices, and then some just outta site.

This pic is of my brother Floyd's 57 wagon and our 55 DelRay last summer at his place.
It is a 2 door sedan, 80% complete project car. Built 454, automatic, tubbed with a 4-link, coil overs and four wheel disk brakes. Almost ready for paint and needed re-upholstery. We were 5k apart on the price. He simply wanted too much for it considering the cost of paint and upholstery and I went over my limit / comfort level with my offer to get as far as we did. I really didn't set out looking for a project at any level but if he would have taken my offer it would be sitting in the garage. I'll most likely hold out for a while and see if a turn-key car comes along. There are a lot of them out there but in my opinion most are over priced.
Bronco77 is offline Find More Posts by Bronco77
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:26 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeechMusketeer View Post
What is a pimp down. Us old guys need better guidance.
It's like a "brown out" for your happiness, sex life and bank account........he got engaged.

PS. I am happily married.
...until my wife reads this!
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:11 AM
"Spike"
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined May 2010
310 Posts
Sweeeeet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco77 View Post
It is a 2 door sedan, 80% complete project car. Built 454, automatic, tubbed with a 4-link, coil overs and four wheel disk brakes. Almost ready for paint and needed re-upholstery. We were 5k apart on the price. He simply wanted too much for it considering the cost of paint and upholstery and I went over my limit / comfort level with my offer to get as far as we did. I really didn't set out looking for a project at any level but if he would have taken my offer it would be sitting in the garage. I'll most likely hold out for a while and see if a turn-key car comes along. There are a lot of them out there but in my opinion most are over priced.
Bronco,
Wow, sounds like a lot of the dirty, hard work is already done, too bad ya missed it, but it might be a blessing in disguise.
I come real close to stuffing a big block in mine many years ago, glad I didn't.
There's plenty of room, and when properly installed, it looks like it belongs there.
Too bad the fella wouldn't slack a little for ya.
With paint and interior left to finish, you'd still have some major bucks to lay out, paint materials are just crazy in price. You'd probably have another 12-15 k into it. It's definitely not like it used to be.
Tubbed 55's look bad ass
DelRay is offline Find More Posts by DelRay
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:03 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,252 Posts
It's kind of late notice, but today is looking decent enough to fly.... A couple of guys wanted to come, so it's open if anyone else wants to commit aviation.
pecanpatch is offline Find More Posts by pecanpatch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Help me win.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:34 AM
The Bronconator
Georgia
Joined Apr 2009
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
It's kind of late notice, but today is looking decent enough to fly.... A couple of guys wanted to come, so it's open if anyone else wants to commit aviation.
I would love to commit aviation today but have a lot of chores to do. On the plus side I expect to have the Hellcat ready to fly before the weekend is over
Bronco77 is offline Find More Posts by Bronco77
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:19 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Sep 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
Too late. Momma's got her honey do claws in me. Be available next week if weather permits.
Obiwan35 is offline Find More Posts by Obiwan35
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:28 PM
Flying Models for 51 Years!
Georgia, United States
Joined Oct 2002
781 Posts
I got a 1985 S1O
Sixter is offline Find More Posts by Sixter
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:35 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,642 Posts
that looks awesome!! i miss my old gmc sonoma. you should take the mechanical fan off & put an electric fan on it to free up more HP.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34