I've been racing stuff dang near as long as you've been flyin
Bronco77 is offline Find More Posts by Bronco77
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2010, 06:20 AM
"Spike"
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined May 2010
312 Posts
Well, it wouldn't look too good if the coach was getting his whipped, but then again, it might. Could be he's a very good coach and his coaching shows on the coaching his coachee's received.
I sold my 1/8th scale truck to a fella down the street, never used it much and gave him a good deal for what all he got. I used some of that money to buy my new Futaba 10 C radio. I'll get more use out of the radio than I ever did that truck. I kept my ol' trusty T-Maxx though, I'll never part with that one.
I've never had my Maxx on any type of course, so I'd really get my whipped, but I bet it's fun. I do have fun collecting unique bodies and painting them for my Maxx, a couple of my favorites are the 39 Ford "woodie wagon, the 50 Chevy panel truck and the 56 Chevy Nomad wagon. The 57 Chevy stepside is a nice one too.
I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing that Willys coupe body when I seen it at the hobby shop, haven't seen another one since.
Hey, that's actually how Pecan and I met, he made a comment about my mag wheels on my Maxx, and there we are. Time flies when you're havin' fun.
DelRay is offline Find More Posts by DelRay
Old May 18, 2010, 09:22 AM
I'd FPV it.
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,844 Posts
So guys...May be able to get out for some flying tomorrow......Got no work going on so I have the whole day free...Any you guys gonna fly?? What the wind looking like Marko?? Oh and Spike, Its nice to meet you, gotta get down here and fly in the nice weather...
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old May 18, 2010, 04:40 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,552 Posts
I looked at the winds and they weren't great........
but mainly all my stuff needs working on.....
Yall are welcome to come fly...... and I would probly drag something out...
But I dont think it will be a huge day for me.
pecanpatch is online now Find More Posts by pecanpatch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tiggers Big Show
Old May 18, 2010, 04:54 PM
I'd FPV it.
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,844 Posts
No biggy...I actually have to go and secure the storage unit soon anyhow. Prolly go and do that...Have jury duty next week so I guess thats out for me too..
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old May 18, 2010, 07:50 PM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,552 Posts
Judy will be out of town from Friday to Sunday afternoon.....
If anyone wants to do some flying this weekend let me know....
Maybe even go to some other fields for kicks and giggles.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 18, 2010, 10:12 PM
The Bronconator
Georgia
Joined Apr 2009
1,651 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me Coach! I need some stick time bad...
Old May 19, 2010, 08:22 PM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
725 Posts
Well, the Extra 300 is almost ready for flight test. Only a few small items left to wrap up. I am having a problem with the throttle though, very intermittent, mostly inop. Problem is at the servo plug/receiver. Wiggle it and it works for a while. It is a new spektrum receiver and a new hitec servo. Still need to clean up the wiring also as well as a ground runup checkout. It is certainly a good looking airplane, I just need to learn to fly it sometime. I have the O.S.91 FS in it, should be plenty of power. Also a quick question. I already have a 14X6 propeller. Manual says to use a 14x7, no mention of a 14X6. Do you think the 14X6 is OK or should I go with something else?
Revo Dave is offline Find More Posts by Revo Dave
Last edited by Revo Dave; May 19, 2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old May 19, 2010, 09:26 PM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,552 Posts
Dave,
that prop should be fine.
Most props recommended are tabulated for sea level.
We are at almost 1000' altitude here and it makes a difference..... When in doubt go with slightly less pitch in this part of the country.
Also the manufactures try to quiet down there engines cuz noise is a big deal in other countries.....

The best way to quiet and plane down is to over prop it.

That intermittent servo problem is not cool at all
WTH?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2010, 10:08 PM
The Bronconator
Georgia
Joined Apr 2009
1,651 Posts
Dave,

I had a similar intermittent issue with the rudder servo on the new Ultra Stick. I unplugged it from the receiver and pulled on each wire one at a time. One of the pins in the connector wasn't locked and apparently was pushing out when I plugged it in. I pryed the lock out a bit, pushed it back into place and she was good to go.

If that ain't it swap out the servo. I would hope it isn't a loose pin in new receiver but ya never know....
Old May 20, 2010, 06:14 AM
"Spike"
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined May 2010
312 Posts
Hi fellers

It sounds like you all are getting things in order for a good flying session. Revo, like Mark said, that 14/6 prop is a good one, that's what I use on all my .91's, the O.S. and the Saitos. That .91 Saito will do you a good job, they're a mighty fine piece of machinery.
I got a lot of shop time in yesterday(gusty winds all day long), getting my tail dragger Astro Hog ready to break in the two new .91 Saitos, the motor mount in the tri-gear Hog wasn't usable for the Saitos., and the new Tatone that I ordered had different mounting bolt hole config, so I opted to get this other plane ready, it has a fiberglass motor mount and the Saitos will work fine after I drill it.
And, I thought it was going to be an easy job, yeh, right. The new Futaba 10 C radio sure makes it nice to set all the planes up with just one trx., a new concept for me saince my old Futaba 7UAF didn't have that nicety.
That intermittent servo scenerio doesn't sound good at all
Hope y'all have a mighty fine weekend.
Old May 20, 2010, 08:06 PM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
725 Posts
Thanks guys for the advice. I will stick with the prop that I have. I ran the Extra today and it ran well after finally deciding the receiver was bad, not the throttle servo, all is well in that department after replacing the receiver. After running about a half of a tank through I stopped for the day and decided to defuel, for some reason I cannot suck the fuel out. I will have to disassemble enough tomorrow to get to the fuel system and troubleshoot. Pulling the cowl off is no easy task, it is a tight fit.

Tomorrow is a big work day on the Losi Buggy too cause I am going to race tomorrow night. Always something to do!!
Old May 21, 2010, 07:06 AM
"Spike"
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined May 2010
312 Posts
R D, just wondering what set-up you have for the fueling there, and where you're trying to suck it back out at.
Old May 21, 2010, 08:22 AM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
725 Posts
This is the first time I have set up an airplane with a fuel dot on the side of the fuselage, an overflow at the bottom of the aircraft teed from the pressure hose from the exhaust.

I am not sure if it is because I still have a half of tank of fuel stuck in it but I can not hear the clunk when I hold the plane and change the attitude. Maybe the fuel line inside the tank accidently got pulled and there is not enough lead for the clunk inside the tank?
Old May 21, 2010, 08:45 AM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,552 Posts
The window of opurtunity for flight school is either Saturday afternoon/ evening.....

Or Early Sunday Morning. ( I have to leave about 1PM)

Looks like Offroad may get washed out Friday evening/night
RCG Plus Member