HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2010, 07:27 AM
"Spike"
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined May 2010
310 Posts
Pecan, forgot to mention the boiled peanuts, sounds like that would go great with Calvert and Coke
DelRay is offline Find More Posts by DelRay
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2010, 05:29 PM
The Bronconator
Georgia
Joined Apr 2009
1,473 Posts
Well guys I finally took an afternoon and built the storage rack I've been talking about. I spent $31.85 at the Home Depot. Already had the 1/2" plywood so for the sake of argument let's say I have $40 invested. The space I've gained is priceless. Will add casters later. Next project, wing storage...
Bronco77 is offline Find More Posts by Bronco77
Old May 09, 2010, 06:03 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,093 Posts
Nice fleet dood
good job on the stand!
pecanpatch is online now Find More Posts by pecanpatch
Old May 09, 2010, 06:46 PM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
You did it. It is nice to have the room. Once you start now you can not stop.
Revo Dave is offline Find More Posts by Revo Dave
Old May 10, 2010, 10:11 PM
The Bronconator
Georgia
Joined Apr 2009
1,473 Posts
Sure ain't much hangin out going on around here....

Been working on the bi-plane tonight. It was broke a little worse than I originally concluded. However, repairs are going well and a full recovery is expected.
Old May 11, 2010, 03:44 AM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,093 Posts
I need to be working on my planes bad!
But what little time I have I need to work on the REVO for Saturdays finally.

I'm beginning to think one of the servos is intermittent on my combat plane and just flakes out sometimes...... it is still the cheesy lil $3 bah-stads that came with it. 2 uncontrolled crashes and she is now finished...... its not the way I wanted to see her go out

The feather Duster spun in twice at SEFF...... the 2nd time splitting the CF engine tube

The GeoBat went in too and needs a new face lift.....

and I have the Powered glider coming any day now to be assembled....
More rain , more mowing

Just ordered new rear tires for the tractor....... yikes that smarted!

Shadow57 (steve) told me Jamie Powell is opening the Henry county RC race track very soon.....This will further dilute VRP's profit margin I'm afraid.

I sure do look forward to another great day of flying like we had last Wednesday....... To those of you that watched Frank and I doing touch and goes with the cubs......Imagine 5 or 6 of us doing that. Thats what we used to do at the old Conley flyers field. we would pair off and do touch and goes 1 after the other for the whole tank of fuel.
We sure wore out some old Super Tigre .90's doing that. Ah , the memories.

Who will emerge to pair of as my new wing man in twenty-ten?

I'm sort of wishing I was headed to the Joe Nall fly-in.... maybe next year.
Old May 11, 2010, 05:28 AM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco77 View Post
Sure ain't much hangin out going on around here....

Been working on the bi-plane tonight. It was broke a little worse than I originally concluded. However, repairs are going well and a full recovery is expected.
Did you do an exercism while you were at it. That little sure does need it

I did some clean up on my fleet Sunday plus a few little odds and ends. I rebent the gear on the Falcon like Mark and Tony suggested. I also found a little tear in the monokote on the horizontal stab and repaired that.

As I said on a previous post the cub has been a challenge to me since I built her. The last outing felt good plus I enjoyed watching Frank do the touch and goes with her. Marko if we can get the weather to agree and have flight school this Wednesday I devote the day to Cub touch and go practice. Time for me to get up to speed on that!
Old May 11, 2010, 05:42 AM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
Looks like some nice items for an overall nice price on Craigs List. Got those four strokes that I love too.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/tag/1732772046.html
Old May 11, 2010, 08:04 AM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,093 Posts
That Astrohog biplane would be awesome man.......
nice looking planes from what you can see too.

My wife even forwarded that ad to me
Old May 11, 2010, 01:29 PM
The Bronconator
Georgia
Joined Apr 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post

So...I'm being replaced?

Not surprised, I haven't had much time to do the work
Last edited by Bronco77; May 11, 2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old May 11, 2010, 04:32 PM
Mr. Breeze
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco77 View Post
So...I'm being replaced?

Not surprised, I haven't had much time to do the work
Ouch!!

Cant make flight school this Wed. Got too much going on to break away...And the Mother-in-law is moving in at the end of this month...
:c ensored:!!!
Wish me luck...
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old May 11, 2010, 05:54 PM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
Ho Jazz, look at it in a positive manner, more compassion from wife because you allowed mother-in-law to move in equals more kitchen passes. You gotta put a positive spin on it somehow brotha!!

I am gonna drive the Civic straight from work to Griffin, no trailer means limited airplanes. I am bringing the Cub and the Falcon, time to face my demons and leave the security blanket big stick at home. My plan is to fly touch and gos with the Cub and try to get the Falcon under more control. I have 65% expo on it right now, with the guidance of ye wise ones I thinks I am gonna try 70%. Yeee Haw, let's go flyin!
Old May 11, 2010, 06:41 PM
Mr. Breeze
Joined Nov 2009
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo Dave View Post
Ho Jazz, look at it in a positive manner, more compassion from wife because you allowed mother-in-law to move in equals more kitchen passes. You gotta put a positive spin on it somehow brotha!!

I am gonna drive the Civic straight from work to Griffin, no trailer means limited airplanes. I am bringing the Cub and the Falcon, time to face my demons and leave the security blanket big stick at home. My plan is to fly touch and gos with the Cub and try to get the Falcon under more control. I have 65% expo on it right now, with the guidance of ye wise ones I thinks I am gonna try 70%. Yeee Haw, let's go flyin!
Words from a wise man Dave. I have actually not griped one time to the wifey and am a busting my butt over here to prepare. Prolly gonna drop the change for a storage space across the way. At least that will save my jon boat from going into the yard....Just like to have a place to vent it out. ...
Old May 11, 2010, 06:47 PM
Mr. Breeze
Joined Nov 2009
2,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
I need to be working on my planes bad!
But what little time I have I need to work on the REVO for Saturdays finally.

I'm beginning to think one of the servos is intermittent on my combat plane and just flakes out sometimes...... it is still the cheesy lil $3 bah-stads that came with it. 2 uncontrolled crashes and she is now finished...... its not the way I wanted to see her go out

The feather Duster spun in twice at SEFF...... the 2nd time splitting the CF engine tube

The GeoBat went in too and needs a new face lift.....

and I have the Powered glider coming any day now to be assembled....
More rain , more mowing :co

Just ordered new rear tires for the tractor....... yikes that smarted!

Shadow57 (steve) told me Jamie Powell is opening the Henry county RC race track very soon.....This will further dilute VRP's profit margin I'm afraid.

I sure do look forward to another great day of flying like we had last Wednesday....... To those of you that watched Frank and I doing touch and goes with the cubs......Imagine 5 or 6 of us doing that. Thats what we used to do at the old Conley flyers field. we would pair off and do touch and goes 1 after the other for the whole tank of fuel.
We sure wore out some old Super Tigre .90's doing that. Ah , the memories.

I'm sort of wishing I was headed to the Joe Nall fly-in.... maybe next year.
Is it true?? the combat plane is going in the round file?!?! I once heard many sotries about how that thing was immortal....And that sucks about the Fduster. Were you using the old dx6 when it went in?? I would not doubt thats why the geo-bat went down too...
Old May 11, 2010, 08:08 PM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,093 Posts
I will re-evaluate the combat plane once more , but dang. I'm ready for a fresh one. It is on DSM2. But them $3 cheesy Chinese servos will not be on my next one. they also will be mounted better.

The Geobat was on DSM1 and probly got mowed down at SEFF.
But... I'd probably never have that problem around here........

Bronco is still my Stand in Wing man if Frank aint here..... But Ho-jazz is knocking on the door and RevoDave is paying his dues! With Interest!