HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2010, 06:34 AM
"Spike"
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined May 2010
310 Posts
Pecan, the fuel that is used most in the Saitos was the Cool Power 15%, but most are blending their own now, with a one gallon brew consisting of 18% Klotz all synthetic oil, 11% nitro, and methanol, this brew seems to work very well in the Saitos. Saito doesn't recommend any castor oil in the fuel used. I've got my nitro and methanol, I'm just waiting to purchase the Klotz oil soon.
But, like I said before, the fuel of choice was the Cool Power 15%. It seemed like it was getting hard to find for awhile after the glycol plant accident awhile back.
DelRay is offline Find More Posts by DelRay
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2010, 06:40 AM
"Spike"
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined May 2010
310 Posts
Pecan,I must confess, my first flight was with a friends knock-around trainer he had there, I haven't had any of my stuff out to the field to check out my new 2.4 radio gear yet. I actually went out to the field to get some pipes for a dining fly we use for the trx. impound so I could make some new ones. What do ya say when a fella asks ya "ya wanna fly my plane"?
Howdy to the rest of the gang, sounds like you fellers are gonna have a good time again at the "patch", wish I could join y'all.
Old May 04, 2010, 10:11 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,156 Posts
Thanks for the info!
We had so much fun at SEFF you would not believe it man!
It is time to get back to Nitro though.
Im going to finish up my son's Funtana with the Saito 80........
then break in two saito .56's for my B25
pecanpatch is offline Find More Posts by pecanpatch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SliderBat - a GeoBat derivative
Old May 04, 2010, 12:07 PM
The Bronconator
Georgia
Joined Apr 2009
1,496 Posts
Hey Spike,

Long time man. I was beginning to wonder if you had taken off for the islands or something. Man it's that time of year again. Looking forward to some serious stick time.

Keep in touch...if you feel like a vacation come see us.
Bronco77 is offline Find More Posts by Bronco77
Old May 04, 2010, 12:41 PM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
Spike,
Come down here for the Cool Power. The local hobby shop is selling the stuff for $17:50 a gallon. Cheaper than a gallon of stuff that we run in our nitro cars and trucks.
Revo Dave is offline Find More Posts by Revo Dave
Old May 04, 2010, 09:41 PM
The Bronconator
Georgia
Joined Apr 2009
1,496 Posts
The Ultrastick is ready to fly. Looking forward to some serious stick time tomorrow. I'm getting off work at noon.
Old May 05, 2010, 05:59 AM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
I loaded the trailer last night and brought it to work with me today. From work I will go straight to Griffin and be ready to let the good times roll (FLY). I hope to arrive around 3:15 or 3:30. Yesterday was a great day with no wind. I went down to the corner and did a little stick time with the slow stick. That thing is always fun and relaxing to fly. I hope the "no wind" conditions continue today.
Old May 05, 2010, 07:40 AM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,156 Posts
Good Deal,
Im looking forward to some touch and goes guys
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2010, 09:00 PM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,156 Posts
great times today......... woo hoo

Tony G. brought his new Nuttin Special and I got this one picture....
It flew well but he took it back home to check out the fuel tank.... something wasn't quite right.

Everyone flew great!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2010, 10:11 PM
The Bronconator
Georgia
Joined Apr 2009
1,496 Posts
Had a great time today guys. It was really nice to see the Get-Ir-Done Gang out in force today.

I've got to say this....Tony G. is truly a treasure to this hobby. He is an old school craftsman that all of us could learn one hell of a lot from if we pay attention. That new plane is living proof. Then he was turning screws on Daves engine and I was thinking "OMG!!!, there's no telling where those screws are now". Then he fired that engine one more time and it was absolutely purring. The man has got mad skilz!

As for my mission for today...

The Ultra Stick passed Marko's "Do the best I can" shakedown and appears to only need a spinner to be signed off. The Super Sportster....well, it just makes me smile every time I fly it. Then there's that dang little bi-plane. I'm beyond determined now! Repairs will be made and she will fly next time out. The cycle will continue until we get through a day without incident or that little leaves the field in a Homer Bucket.

Later Guys, looking forward to the next flight school.
Last edited by Bronco77; May 05, 2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old May 06, 2010, 05:22 AM
Newnan, GA
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
Marko, again thanks for your hospitality!!!! The Falcon still needs alot of practice (and more exponential I think) for me to get it right but I will keep trying. As Bronco said, Tony is a gem to the RC sport. I was truly worried at first that Ebay got me again with that Saito I bought but Tony turned it into a great running engine. I cannot thank him enough. From the last couple of times I flew the Cub it had me a little shooook due to some things I had done wrong but yesterday it flew well, or should I say I didn't screw it up, so I feel much better about the Cub this morning. It was also fun to see Frank run it through the paces also, he can really fly a Cub well. All was good yesterday, good to see the Git-ir-Done crew in force. THANKS Marko!
Old May 06, 2010, 07:18 AM
"Spike"
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined May 2010
310 Posts
Sounds like you fellers really had a good time at the "patch". Someday I'm gonna drive down and visit y'all, and I suppose I'll bring an airplane or two also. The Nav system in the van will lead me right to the ol' "patch", put er' on autopilot and sip a cool one (cherry Coke)
Old May 07, 2010, 06:52 AM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,156 Posts
Ho-Jazz,
I hate your bro didnt get any stick time on his trainer.......
Man I was a busy guy that day!
You were looking good on the cuban eights and other aero-batics.

I was about to get Misty

We need more Cubs to mixx it up with!
I want to put the floats on mine....... But just realised you dont usually put floats on a clipped wing cub

Revo-Dave, I'm glad Tony got your lil Saito purring properly.
My brother is still taLKING about how much fun flying your Cub was.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2010, 06:53 AM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelRay View Post
Sounds like you fellers really had a good time at the "patch". Someday I'm gonna drive down and visit y'all, and I suppose I'll bring an airplane or two also. The Nav system in the van will lead me right to the ol' "patch", put er' on autopilot and sip a cool one (cherry Coke)
Come on down Jim..... we'll have some grits for ya to try out and then later some boiled peanuts.

Glad to hear your not a Pepsi man........ this is Coke country..... we dont call it pop LOL
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2010, 07:24 AM
"Spike"
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined May 2010
310 Posts
Grits, I know how it's made.........

Grits, that sounds like something ya might remove from a motor that got buried in a nose down crash. Yup, I'm a Coke man all the way, the Pepsi stuff just doesn't appeal to me, although I worked for Quaker Oats, now owned by Pepsico for 29 years, and I do enjoy the pension check.
I finally got in some flying, made it out to the field two nights ago, winds mild, out of the south and right down the runway. The new Futaba 10C is rock solid, felt much more in control over my Futaba 50 mhz stuff. The Astro Hog with the Saito 1.00 will go straight up forever, well, a long ways anyway.
Looks like we're back into winter here, going to get frosty by this weekend, all my flowers I planted out at the field a few weeks ago are trashed, will have to replant, didn't have crop insurance, bummer.