SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 02, 2010, 02:54 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B View Post
In fact I don't think "liberals" want to abort babies, just woman of many different back grounds and circumstances. Don't try to tell me for a moment that no consevrative minded woman has never had an abortion. The OP is distressing, but some of the comments here based on conservative ideology seem quite contradictory.
I suggest this is because of a flawed view which creates a contradiction where none exists.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old May 02, 2010, 06:35 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
I suggest this is because of a flawed view which creates a contradiction where none exists.
Are you admitting to a flawed view?
That would explain a lot.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old May 02, 2010, 08:47 AM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Given all of the complaints by conservatives about the poor and indigent in our society, wouldn't it be better for a woman of little means, on welfare to abort an unwanted child? It seems you folks cry constantly about the unborn, but once born, you want to provide nothing towards welfare babies, momma's ect. Maybe you can explain this disparity.
where is the sperm donor?

I really don't care how often or how many sexual partners someone might have in life. but If a guy wants to get a girl pregnant, then HE needs to take responsibility for the woman and child! Don't expect me to feed, cloth, and support their deed!

Same with the mother.... If she wants to spread her legs to every tom dick and harry, and joe smoe, then get pregnant don't come running to me for help. IMO it should be a crime to impregnate or get pregnant without the means to support the child.

So to answer you... No Abortion isn't the answer but improved sexual morality WOULD be the answer.

People need to be responsible for their own actions.

IMO welfare isn't/shouldn't be a crutch. It should be for misfortunes beyond our control.
And people already on the welfare system have absolutely no business creating more kids!

And No I do not see abortion as a means of birth control.
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 02, 2010, 10:55 AM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
where is the sperm donor?

I really don't care how often or how many sexual partners someone might have in life. but If a guy wants to get a girl pregnant, then HE needs to take responsibility for the woman and child! Don't expect me to feed, cloth, and support their deed!

Same with the mother.... If she wants to spread her legs to every tom dick and harry, and joe smoe, then get pregnant don't come running to me for help. IMO it should be a crime to impregnate or get pregnant without the means to support the child.

So to answer you... No Abortion isn't the answer but improved sexual morality WOULD be the answer.

People need to be responsible for their own actions.

IMO welfare isn't/shouldn't be a crutch. It should be for misfortunes beyond our control.
And people already on the welfare system have absolutely no business creating more kids!

And No I do not see abortion as a means of birth control.
For the record, I do not like the idea of abortion and agree that men and woman should be responsible so that an abortion is never needed. But in the real world of things it just doesn't happen. In the end I believe it is a decision between a woman and her Dr, at this time I believe that is the law.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old May 02, 2010, 11:00 AM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
859 Posts
Quote:
I personaly know a conservative woman that had an abortion. A woman with three children and going through a divorce. She simply could not deal with another child.
Old May 02, 2010, 12:47 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Well then, killing for convenience is certainly warranted. As long as it solves a problem, ending a life must be OK.
Old May 02, 2010, 12:51 PM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Well then, killing for convenience is certainly warranted. As long as it solves a problem, ending a life must be OK.
You're damn right it is Mr. Condescension...
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Old May 02, 2010, 01:40 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
859 Posts
Quote:
Getting into the "moral issues" thing requires another thread I think.
Old May 02, 2010, 03:00 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogChief View Post
You're damn right it is Mr. Condescension...
So clearly stating the sickening reality of killing the innocent wih full intent for convenience, disturbs your delicate sensitivities.

That your priorities extend to being sensitive to 'condescension' but somehow speechless in defense of the most innocent humans is exactly the foundation it takes to wind up with children surviving abortion for convenience and wrapped in a sheet and ignored as they struggle to live, alone and set aside to die with full intent.

Spare us the indignation in defense of those who kill their own children for convenience.
Old May 02, 2010, 04:37 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Getting into the "moral issues" thing requires another thread I think.
I'm not sure how or why I would even want to separate morality from murder.
Old May 02, 2010, 04:49 PM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:
So clearly stating the sickening reality of killing the innocent wih full intent for convenience, disturbs your delicate sensitivities.

That your priorities extend to being sensitive to 'condescension' but somehow speechless in defense of the most innocent humans is exactly the foundation it takes to wind up with children surviving abortion for convenience and wrapped in a sheet and ignored as they struggle to live, alone and set aside to die with full intent.

Spare us the indignation in defense of those who kill their own children for convenience.
Abortion doesn't bother me as long as it's in the first trimester. I'm just glad it's legal and that YOU and your ilk can't do a damn thing about it.

End of subject.
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Old May 02, 2010, 04:57 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
why does it matter what trimester it occurs in? Would it bother you in the last week of the third?
Old May 02, 2010, 05:02 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
859 Posts
Quote:
I'm not sure how or why I would even want to separate morality from murder.
And who are you to judge people that have made a perfectly LEGAL decision. As far as I am concerned it is non of your or my business what a woman and her doctor decide to do on these issues. It seems you preach personal freedom and rant about government intrusion in your life, yet you want to control what a woman has a legal right to do.
Old May 02, 2010, 05:14 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
And who are you to judge people that have made a perfectly LEGAL decision.
The same person who notes legality has nothing to do with morality, and in fact has a long track record of contradicting morality.

Quote:
As far as I am concerned it is non of your or my business what a woman and her doctor decide to do on these issues. It seems you preach personal freedom and rant about government intrusion in your life, yet you want to control what a woman has a legal right to do.
That woman is not making decisions which do not involve another persons life and death. A human being is not a fingernail or appendix.
Old May 02, 2010, 06:00 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
859 Posts
Quote:
The same person who notes legality has nothing to do with morality, and in fact has a long track record of contradicting morality.

That woman is not making decisions which do not involve another persons life and death. A human being is not a fingernail or appendix.
Please contact the SCOTUS with your concerns. Have a great day