bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:12 PM
United States, GA, Dunwoody
Joined Feb 2011
661 Posts
Anyone going out to Grayson in the morning? I was thinking of driving out just to see if they really have a "store front" operation. PM me if you want a ride.
BeechMusketeer is online now Find More Posts by BeechMusketeer
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:22 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,157 Posts
Too many of my friends have been let down by Basil, I do not endorse or support them.

If they have something you really must get and cannot find elsewhere, I strongly encourage you to order online. I would certainly not recommend making the trip to his "storefront" unless you speak with him in the morning to ensure he will be there... So many people have made that trip only to be disappointed by closed doors and a shop that is not open.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:50 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
3,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeechMusketeer View Post
Anyone going out to Grayson in the morning? I was thinking of driving out just to see if they really have a "store front" operation. PM me if you want a ride.
They do have a store and it's better than before. That said, ordering online and shipping it to your door is the way to go. They don't answer the phone.
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:59 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,831 Posts
Im digging dfc2 because its much more open than i remember and its closer to my house. Gonna be a great place to fpv my new quad.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:30 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
Yes dfc2 is much better for fpv flight especially multirotor stuff. What quad are you running?

My only complaints with dfc2 is when you get below the tree line you can lose the plane and with the gate there it can be a little hard to shoot a good landing
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:19 PM
United States, GA, Dunwoody
Joined Feb 2011
661 Posts
Yell when you're going out to DFC-2 and I'll join you. Flew there yesturday and it was perfect. one walker, no cars, no heavy equipment.

As for Grayson, been to the old store once and tried once with no joy. Figured I'd see what they have but mail or UPS works fine for me.

Matt - need to talk to you about doing some moon lighting.
BeechMusketeer is online now Find More Posts by BeechMusketeer
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:22 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,157 Posts
I would simply rather spend my money at AH, Hodges, or even HTUSA before I send any money Basil's way... the other vendors IMO do so much more than Basil to support the hobby.

To date, I have still only flown at DFC2 once; it felt like I was flying in a fish bowl and just was not comfortable with some of my bigger stuff out there. Quads may be nice for the venue, but I remember being very uneasy with the Diamante there.

I am sure I will eventually fly there again, but it likely will not be until DFC1 is completely developed... for me, DFC2 takes twice as long for me to get to the field after work so it really is not a consideration for weekday flying.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:52 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,313 Posts
yeah bradley you really need a 3d plane to be able to harrier land in that space, thats about all i fly out there space wise is something i can land in a very small distance or belly land in grass as that stuff is thick out there
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:02 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
3,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
yeah bradley you really need a 3d plane to be able to harrier land in that space, thats about all i fly out there space wise is something i can land in a very small distance or belly land in grass as that stuff is thick out there
Sounds like a good venue for a FunCub
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:03 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,157 Posts
I feel like I am just constantly chasing that "pucker" factor, and just dont get it anymore with the parkflyer stuff. As soon as yellow comes in at the end of the month, I am taking on a 60inch mxs, I imagine that will be just fine out at 2. Excluding my night flyer and my buck huck, I think I am going to be sticking to 60 inch and larger planes.

I did finally pull the trigger on Cub parts today: one wing half, cowl, and LG springs; it was a tough pill to swallow... over $250 in parts. I will say it is a bit depressing to drop that money and not take on a whole new plane.

My final two purchases this holiday season will be electric Robarts for the P-47 and converting the F-86 from pneumatic to electric. I just cannot decide if I want to go top-of the line with Schulman retracts on the F-86 or if I should just drop in some Turnigey's.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:05 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
Sounds like a good venue for a FunCub
After flying your Cub, I do think that is the one foamie I am going to put back into the hangar for float flying next year. How many watts are you putting out these days (I know you have hopped her up a few times)?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:09 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
3,972 Posts
I hate to say it, but I think I'm done buying powered planes for a while. I love my Cub, and the Extra 300 is nice, but DLG has infected me big time. Planes I'm considering selling are as follows: eflite RV9, eflite Fokker D7, Pitts Bulldog, radical Rc stik converted to AgWagon, micro T28, mSR heli. Pm me if you're in the market for a plane from above. DLG is expensive and I gotta feed my habit.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:14 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,157 Posts
LOL... breaks my heart to hear; but admittedly I think I saw that coming
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:17 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
3,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
After flying your Cub, I do think that is the one foamie I am going to put back into the hangar for float flying next year. How many watts are you putting out these days (I know you have hopped her up a few times)?
A Grayson 400 watt motor and esc. Way more pull than the last set up and the old one was still punchy at 275 watts.
Closed Thread