Closed Thread
Old Oct 01, 2011, 11:40 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
Might try a late afternoon flight if the wind calms down.
5 mph at 7PM

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ga/gri...ast-hourly.asp
pecanpatch is online now Find More Posts by pecanpatch
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Help me win.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:29 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,935 Posts
No flying today, guess I can keep on building the new wing
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:46 PM
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Oct 2008
558 Posts
To hell with the wind guys, go flying! I took the wife up earlier today... don't think she cared for it too much with the bumpiness. 320 @ 11 G17

Kyle
kylewoody is offline Find More Posts by kylewoody
Old Oct 01, 2011, 02:36 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,113 Posts
Radian pro is in the car. Gonna point it into the wind and glide for an hour on a 1300mah pack. Dfc bound about 5pm. Anyone else up for a sunset session?
electrich is online now Find More Posts by electrich
Old Oct 01, 2011, 06:03 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
4,113 Posts
Wow. I don't care what the weather guy says, it is freakin SUPER windy! Now that they have bulldozed half the property and left exposed dirt, it was a giant swirling dust bowl. Not as enjoyable as I was hoping for.
Old Oct 01, 2011, 11:38 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,293 Posts
I will be out all next week, wind or no; I dont give a ....bleeep. I am going to be out there, tornado swirls or not.

I learnesd a few seasons ago, you either learn to fly with the wind or your spend a lot of time in the pits and on the sideline.

That said, I hopes to see all yall out with your foamies and wings next week Lets hope for 15+; we all could use the practice!

I know I can speak for andrew and matt, they taught me how to fly in the shiznizitzel
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Oct 02, 2011, 08:31 AM
PDK/280@1.0
Joined Oct 2009
764 Posts
I went up to DFC yesterday am, like 8am and I think our flying days are just about over, they where grading and working hard..kinda makes me sad... still not sure where we are going to fly now?
Andrews421 is offline Find More Posts by Andrews421
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:54 AM
Whirly Bird Fanatic
Joined May 2010
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews421 View Post
I went up to DFC yesterday am, like 8am and I think our flying days are just about over, they where grading and working hard..kinda makes me sad... still not sure where we are going to fly now?
I think I am going to go completely renegade and fly on Peachtree Rd...

Brad, let me know, I feel the need, need for...well, sort of speed..
TossinHoss is offline Find More Posts by TossinHoss
Old Oct 02, 2011, 12:15 PM
Joined Oct 2008
558 Posts
LOL... I think we should move to the west side, maybe near Douglasville or something?

Just an idea...

Kyle
Old Oct 02, 2011, 12:41 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
4,113 Posts
I just took a 1 hour introductory flight lesson out at PDK. It was as
awesome. I think I found my dream FPV plane. Now I just need about $10,000.. Kyle, if you fly, I will pay for an hour or 2, it's much more fun than scanning googlemaps that could be out of date! seriously. Lemme know.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 01:43 PM
PDK/280@1.0
Joined Oct 2009
764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
I just took a 1 hour introductory flight lesson out at PDK. It was as
awesome. I think I found my dream FPV plane. Now I just need about $10,000.. Kyle, if you fly, I will pay for an hour or 2, it's much more fun than scanning googlemaps that could be out of date! seriously. Lemme know.
Nice, congrats..I just went out last week and got checked out in a 172..was well kinda sporty on the 1st landing..I did the typical airline thing that I said I would never do, I flared at 20 feet and had a hard time pulling the power out, haha...well it was ok just did a full stop taxi back and the other ones where fine, so if anyone wants to go fly ill split the time with ya and even sign your logbook since im still a CFI.

I went out at 8am to fly the Habu and was a no go...since all of the workers where there..sucks.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 01:50 PM
Joined Oct 2008
558 Posts
Be happy to fly with you guys! I am out of KFTY, I can get the dry rental of the plane and you can get gas. Got 1.6 in this morning, to KRMG and back. Wind was cranking! 75ish knots GS going there, 120+ back.

Kyle
Old Oct 02, 2011, 02:14 PM
PDK/280@1.0
Joined Oct 2009
764 Posts
Thats movin in a 172..you missed a good time up at Triple Tree..you going to make it to Hodges? I am camping out..anyone else going to stay the night?
Old Oct 02, 2011, 02:56 PM
Grampa Tony
Lawrenceville, GA - Northeast Atlanta
Joined Jan 2009
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TossinHoss View Post
Ok, got back from E-Week /E-Nall at Triple Tree in SC.. Was a great event. Bet today is too windy for most. The wind was picking up later yesterday as I was leaving coming back. Awesome place and super first time E event. Had fun watching the flying and doing some of my own. Andrew and his dad came up Thursday for the day. I for once, camped (since they did have awesome showers and bathhouse.

Ok, anyone up for this weekend? Today may be good later for some T-28 backward flight I figure....

Hit me up if you are going out to DFC!!
My wife & I went to e-Nall yesterday morning. Not much flying going on. Brought the sailboat just to have something to do. Someone else had one, and we did races for about 2-3 hours.

Winds died down a little bit (and I mean VERY little) and I got some airtime on the SuperFly. All in all it was mostly a kegger in the field.

Grampa Tony
annarelli is offline Find More Posts by annarelli
Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:17 PM
Joined Oct 2008
558 Posts
Don't know if I'll make Hodges... been working on side projects here, but we'll see how it goes. I want to go, that's for sure - other things tend to get in the way...

Kyle
Closed Thread