HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:39 PM
Registered User
stanordave's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
2,423 Posts
"The popular MINI HAWK is now presented in the V2 version"

Wonder what the differences are?
stanordave is offline Find More Posts by stanordave
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:30 AM
Crashing into the sky!
jackosmeister's Avatar
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanordave View Post
"The popular MINI HAWK is now presented in the V2 version"

Wonder what the differences are?
Wheres that?
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:09 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Wales, Monmouthshire
Joined Aug 2011
176 Posts
Looks like a new paint job, pre-installed firewall and some extra reinforcement in the fuz.

Staufenbiel - www.modellhobby.de

"The popular MINI HAWK is now presented in the V2 version. The model has as its predecessor in full fiberglass shell construction made ​​and painted in the form. In the new version of the MINI Hawk has an elaborate painting, various reinforcements in the fuselage and wing as well as a ready-turned harzten firewall (35mm). The legendary flight characteristics, as well as the incredible stability of the model have been preserved."
TimR74 is offline Find More Posts by TimR74
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:20 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,377 Posts
Maybe it's got the long fuselage too?
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:21 AM
200mph +
sykotic's Avatar
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Palmerston North
Joined Sep 2010
931 Posts
http://www.modellhobby.de/Modelle/Fl...&t=3&c=31&p=31


0.67m fuse apparently.

Interesting colours.
sykotic is offline Find More Posts by sykotic
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:43 AM
Crashing into the sky!
jackosmeister's Avatar
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,388 Posts
Looks poisonous

Wonder if they beefed up the wing mount where they crack?
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Last edited by jackosmeister; Jan 19, 2013 at 04:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:57 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,377 Posts
If the main wing's under side is painted the way the stab is, orientation will be a PITA!!!!
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
250 Posts
launchmodels ##The wing spar is full carbon and the wing is reinforced with carbon fiber. The single-piece wing is very solid and easy to assemble ##

http://www.launchmodel.cn/enProductShow.asp?id=150

That option is for the full Carbon version only

We had a wing fail, and I can tell you there is no carbon spar in it, the spar is plywood the only carbon in the standard version is a couple of small squares where the servos are glued
so be gentle with the standard wing
Quadmad is offline Find More Posts by Quadmad
Last edited by Quadmad; Jan 19, 2013 at 07:06 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:19 AM
Youtube: TomRi25
Dr.Tom's Avatar
Croatia, City of Zagreb, Zagreb
Joined Aug 2010
734 Posts
I ordered this setup, hope it will work ok,
not aiming for mind blowing speeds, (some decent 100+ MPH is easy doable with this airframe I think)
rather a durable setup and nice hand launches even without headwind.

HK swift http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...411&aff=262581
4S 2250 40-50C Rhino http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...611&aff=262581
Het 2w25 2660 KV http://shop.turbofanelectrics.com/pr...&categoryId=11
YEP100A http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...695&aff=262581
servos
2x 4kg 0.12s http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...340&aff=262581
1x 3kg 0.06s http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...687&aff=262581
prop will be APC 4.75x4.75 http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=1070
or 5x4.75, 5x5 maybe, will see what amp meter says...

will post videos when I put it all together
do you have any tips else than reinforcing the wing saddle with carbon stipes?

thnx
Dr.Tom is online now Find More Posts by Dr.Tom
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Dr.Tom; Jan 20, 2013 at 09:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:29 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,377 Posts
Tom; check post #457 about adjusting the incidence. Easy fix and enhances the performance quite a lot.
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:43 AM
Registered User
Mreyello's Avatar
Deutschland, RP, Niederzissen
Joined Dec 2011
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadmad View Post

We had a wing fail, and I can tell you there is no carbon spar in it, the spar is plywood the only carbon in the standard version is a couple of small squares where the servos are glued
so be gentle with the standard wing
I am pretty sure it has a carbon spar

Usually a spar is built of 3 sections, upper and lower spar strand and the spar-bridge in between(sorry i dont know the correct english words)

Spar strand is build of stepped carbon rovings which are laminated in the shell,spar bridge has to keep spar strand in position and is glued th the carbon strand when closing mould.
Bridge can be build in plywood or balsa with vertical orientation of grain.

Yello
Mreyello is offline Find More Posts by Mreyello
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:16 PM
Registered User
savneo's Avatar
Cyprus
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
...
savneo is online now Find More Posts by savneo
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:17 PM
Registered User
savneo's Avatar
Cyprus
Joined Mar 2012
174 Posts
Hi Dr.Tom how are those servos regarding slop? I was thinking of replacing my amd`s with those.[/QUOTE]
savneo is online now Find More Posts by savneo
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:05 PM
Crashing into the sky!
jackosmeister's Avatar
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadmad View Post
launchmodels ##The wing spar is full carbon and the wing is reinforced with carbon fiber. The single-piece wing is very solid and easy to assemble ##

http://www.launchmodel.cn/enProductShow.asp?id=150

That option is for the full Carbon version only

We had a wing fail, and I can tell you there is no carbon spar in it, the spar is plywood the only carbon in the standard version is a couple of small squares where the servos are glued
so be gentle with the standard wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mreyello View Post
I am pretty sure it has a carbon spar

Usually a spar is built of 3 sections, upper and lower spar strand and the spar-bridge in between(sorry i dont know the correct english words)

Spar strand is build of stepped carbon rovings which are laminated in the shell,spar bridge has to keep spar strand in position and is glued th the carbon strand when closing mould.
Bridge can be build in plywood or balsa with vertical orientation of grain.

Yello

Yello is right, the spar caps are carbon (you can see when you hold the wing up to the light, and if you look down the servo holes) The shear web is end grain balsa (not plywood). Very standard/normal molded wing spar. I dont know how you would break one in flight unless it was previously damaged? Or was manufactured wrong. Ive seen some wasps do some crazy things, the fuselage will fail first.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:08 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,377 Posts
A video:
miniHawk autumn flight (4 min 46 sec)


Enjoy
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Will Wasp V4/Belt 250 parts fit on Wasp V3? cfanto Skyartec 8 Mar 24, 2010 05:02 PM
Wanted Spirit E by mibo FASTBEN Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 3 Dec 07, 2009 02:36 AM
anybody know Mibo Modeli "spirit e"??? trashmanf High Performance 3 Jul 23, 2005 09:33 PM
Mibo Modeli Spirit e 207 Electric Sailplanes 15 Jul 23, 2005 08:26 AM
Any info about Mibo Spirit E? AndrésMtnez High Performance 27 Jun 20, 2005 10:21 AM