HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2010, 11:53 AM
Joined Jun 2009
49 Posts
Mike,
Here is a photo of the fuse. The length from the screw to the firewall is 280mm, rear width is 40mm (wood ruler) and front 45mm (plastic ruler).

You can use either 28mm inrunner or outrunner. Just make sure the wires dont touch the can with the outrunner.

The wasp is easy to fly. Very stable and predictable.

ongl
ongl is offline Find More Posts by ongl
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2010, 11:37 PM
Joined Jan 2008
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ongl View Post
Mike,
Here is a photo of the fuse. The length from the screw to the firewall is 280mm, rear width is 40mm (wood ruler) and front 45mm (plastic ruler).

You can use either 28mm inrunner or outrunner. Just make sure the wires dont touch the can with the outrunner.

The wasp is easy to fly. Very stable and predictable.

ongl
I'm getting mine hopefully in 2 months time. The current stock (1 more left) is white and since I have not that good of a visibility, i opted for yellow. Should be in by then.

Ong, post the video.....the one i took last weekend....they'll be surprised...
babasmurf_35 is offline Find More Posts by babasmurf_35
Old May 19, 2010, 11:38 PM
Joined Jan 2008
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by babasmurf_35 View Post
I'm getting mine hopefully in 2 months time. The current stock (1 more left) is white and since I have not that good of a visibility, i opted for yellow. Should be in by then.

Ong, post the video.....the one i took last weekend....they'll be surprised...
I see you took out the motor...what motor are you using?...
Old May 19, 2010, 11:49 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Feb 2004
2,110 Posts
Thanks for the pic - very very helpful. Now I just have to decide whether ordering from .cz or .sg is sillier for someone in the USA...

= Mike
DrZiplok is offline Find More Posts by DrZiplok
Old May 20, 2010, 01:34 AM
Joined Jun 2009
49 Posts
Babasmurf,

We will be trying to take another video this weekend. The video taken last week was not very good.... can't locate the plane.
Had to strengthen the firewall, going to remove the neu from the demon and use that in the wasp for the weekend.

Mike,

Just get the cheapest one........ That would be the the way i would do it......
ongl is offline Find More Posts by ongl
Old May 31, 2010, 07:04 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,291 Posts
Very interesting looking model. Reminds me of a molded graupner terry, Any more pics?

35mm spinner is a bit of an oddball, any idea who sells a 35mm 4mm shaft S8P3 spinner? I cant find anything. I guess a 36mm Aeronaut wouldnt look too out of place.
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old May 31, 2010, 04:41 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,291 Posts
Some furious googling has turned up some info -

Manual -

http://www.der-schweighofer.at/public/files/23027.pdf

Bunch of photos -

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showp...44&postcount=9

And some video, makes a nice whistle for a little plane.

Mikro Wespe von Mibo Modeli (3 min 33 sec)

Soaring Composites E-wasp (2 min 59 sec)

I have a Mega 16-25-1.5S (1850kV) with a 4mm shaft, 80A esc, and a 8x7 AN prop, 2.5/5 degree centre peices, and some 1800 40C 3S, (sucks back from 60-80A@16-15k rpm depending on the pitch) And some DS09SCB's all without a home, Any thoughts on running this in the Wasp. In my head it works well
Last edited by jackosmeister; May 31, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:58 PM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
yup that will work but on 3s it'll be quite mild - the wasp should be good for quite a turn of speed - easily faster than a bandit and people are pushhing that to 120 / 140 mph
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:35 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,291 Posts
Cool, will see how it goes in it, its making 126mph pitch speed with a 8x9.4 at 820W. Took a lot of naffing around to working out how get the highest pitch speed from a direct drive 28mm inrunner with an aeronaut folding prop (16k rpm max). It was too much for the top model stinger it was supposed to go in

If its not badass enough Ill upgrade it, be nice to have something light and fun to play around with though.

Ive never seen a Bandit first hand, be interested in hearing from someone who has flown both and what their thoughts were.

My e-Wasp is somewhere between Singapore and NZ at the moment, Pang at www.soaringcomposites.com was very good to deal with, and shipping from Singapore was 1/4 the price of sailplane.aus, which was totally ridiculous ($110AU dollars, I could fly too aussie for that much! ...)
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:21 AM
Joined Jan 2008
122 Posts
We all love dealing with Pang...looking forward to getting my e wasp too...
Old Jun 14, 2010, 03:05 PM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
at 126 mph pitch speed you will be a lot faster than i anticipated - that should be a really nice set up - over 80 amps will prolly stress the motor and esc with heat tho so be careful with throtle management

sounds nice!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:05 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,291 Posts
Very nicely molded, looks like a cross between a Graupner Terry and one of those flamin Sparkle/Chilli things. Everythings been put together very well, hori stab slots in and then screws down, so if required it could break down pretty small for carting around.

Wing has a slight polyhedral too it which is interesting, feels VERY stiff. Wipers on all the feathers which is slick. Span on mine is 1320mm.

Would be interesting to stick a light power system in it, the airframe itself feels very slppery and light, would make a cool powered slopey

Pics with some rulers etc..
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:25 AM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
wow that does look nice - its a tidy little design eh?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:34 AM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
from what i can gather the e wasp is a more advanced proposition than the bandit

for the bandit :
cheap
quick
robust
a very roomy fuse

against it
heavier
draggy by comparrison
foam core wings are strong but not mouldie strong

for Wasp
slippy
stiff
light

against it

a bit more expensive
narrow fuse will be trickier to get gear into - more restrictive of choice
shorter span so less visual footprint

that said there is not much between them - the wasp will be faster, will retain more energy through moves and will prolly handle more precisely
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:16 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,291 Posts
Going together pretty easily, this size power system fits easy. Ill take some photos tommorrow with various sized packs shoved in it. Kontronic 480 heatsink doesnt fit due to the thrust angle kicking the motor too one side, Mega 16 heatsink fits fine though. Using sullivan 2/56 clevises and rod, which fit the factory screw-in horns perfectly.