HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: do you plan to get a SYMA S032?
Yes 35 81.40%
No 5 11.63%
Yes, many 3 6.98%
No Syma for me! 1 2.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 04, 2010, 11:34 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Oh, hijack away

co'mon in, jack all you want.
sfbn wetnhyw3tny
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Dec 24, 2010 at 06:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2010, 12:52 AM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Yes, welcome to micro heli world, Kavakid

Those prices are great..would be less than 20 here in UK...pity that I'm actually going to have to pay 40 when my LHS gets them. Still less than I expected and well worth it.

The silver/blue one looks very futuristic.
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old May 05, 2010, 07:00 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I just wanna see

What Helizone will do with one. The Firebird is a nice leap over the S107 in almost every way- it's NOT just a paintjob- their version of this already VERY good S032 will be a masterstroke, without doubt.
I cannot wait!
Old May 05, 2010, 10:34 AM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
So is Helizone an actual manufacturing company? I thought they'd just commisioned some S107s and had a few changes made - didn't realise they were turning them out themselves.

Whatever they're doing, I want a few container-loads shipped over here ASAP!
Old May 05, 2010, 10:38 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Syma

does all work on it.
It's clear that Syma's doing a special-good job for the one big customer.

And keep watching, the customer is getting bigger.

Code "S032" will get you ten dollars off the item I linked.
Last edited by killbucket; May 05, 2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: you gotta see MY new website: air-sharp
Old May 05, 2010, 10:49 AM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
That's got to be good news then, if Syma are prepared to cater for big customers.

I'm still trying to find a concrete answer to the question 'If I buy from the US does the stated freight and tax charge get it to my door or will I be clobbered by UK customs for more money'.

There seems to be no hard and fast ruling here in UK - and bet your life I'll be the unlucky one who gets the extra charges levied. I'll keep asking around - I've already contacted our own Postal Service and they haven't a clue. God save England
Old May 05, 2010, 11:27 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Have you seen MY soon to be OILY country lately?

God DID save England.

Off-topic Side Note: come see the stunning work that member Garret H did on my site over the past week. Wow.
Old May 05, 2010, 05:26 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2 Posts
Thanks for the welcome you blokes.

In Vanuatu i am allowed up to US$100 worth of goods duty free via mail.

For the UK (or any other country) do some goggling on duty allowances, there will be a public tariff schedule that outlines your duty free ceiling.
Kavakid is offline Find More Posts by Kavakid
Old May 05, 2010, 05:47 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Apparently all I'm liable for is 'Import tax' as long as the goods are valued at 120 or less and are NOT tobacco, alcohol, perfume or perfumed water (strange one, that). Import Tax is the same rate as our standard Value Added Tax rate. Not too bad...if that is indeed all there is too it.
Old May 06, 2010, 03:44 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron25 View Post
Apparently all I'm liable for is 'Import tax' as long as the goods are valued at 120 or less and are NOT tobacco, alcohol, perfume or perfumed water (strange one, that). Import Tax is the same rate as our standard Value Added Tax rate. Not too bad...if that is indeed all there is too it.
hey mate, just went and diud a dummy order on the "firey dragon" it is $29 but the only shipping option in registerd air mail at $30 shame, if I could have had one for 20 I would have braved the possible telling off from my girlfriend about buy ANOTHER Heli after just having a s022 and a s107 in the mail.

I got a 2nd hand Xmod car from Canada, Guy put the total value at $100 (he included the shipping as value for some reason) When it got here I had to pay about 20 part import tax and part parcelforce uk handeling fee.

Uk customs are a weird lot.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old May 06, 2010, 03:50 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
because

Mayor Burgermeister Meisterburger HATES TOYS!
Old May 06, 2010, 02:09 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Here in the UK we are EXPERTS at writing strict, precise rules.. then making every case 'different' and exempt from said rules.

My view is this;
I buy something from abroad, the shop price I pay includes THEIR country's tax. Their tax people should be happy bunnies.
Abroad buys from me, the price they pay includes MY country's tax and my tax people should be happy bunnies.

Only thing to sort out is the shipping and postage.

As my wise dad says, we are paid but once and taxed many times. (He also said 'the man who invented work never lived to finish it'). I love that one and have tried to do the minimum work required ever since
Old May 06, 2010, 02:46 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron25 View Post
the man who invented work never lived to finish it'
I have now retired twice in this lifetime, and never will again.
I hope I keel over at my bench.
Old Jul 07, 2010, 12:58 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Be bop be bop be boo...
BUMP!!!
EDIT: To reduce the staggering bandwidth needs my galleries impose on our readers, pics have been moved to their own offsite gallery HERE:
http://www.air-sharp.com/s032copter.htm
Old Jan 11, 2011, 04:50 PM
Hauptmann
TX
Joined Jan 2011
89 Posts
First Post

Hi guys - new to the RC Heli world and got pulled in this past weekend. It all started when I bought 2 little Air Hogs for my nephews and had to tryout a Havoc for myself.

Next thing ya know, I'm searching for better and found this place for reviews, info, etc. I'm addicted. Bought my 2nd one Sunday evening at Fry's - a 3 Channel 200mm class I can't find any information online about (looks like a Sikorsky painted silver & orange similar to the Riptide TV show).

Anyhow, back to thread topic - I have a Syma S032 just ordered today off Fleabay along with an S026 Chinook, too (forums fault for posting rave reviews on this little guy).

Green Dragon is offline Find More Posts by Green Dragon