SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by grumman5277, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:21 AM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
Discussion
new products

Hello again. Took a break to start working on the NewBreedRC line.

All of these are currently still in development but weather and time permitting will be released soon.

First up is something that's been on the back burner to long. It's the Q250 and will be possibly offered in two versions. One is a Q250C (combat) and the other Q250P Pylon as well as the materials to be built with a conventional tail group or a V-tail.The difference is the main wing design and airfoil selection.

The second is the EVO airfoil that will be used on all of the flying wings under the NewbreedRC name. It is the evolution of our product development in the flying wing arena. I have no pictures available as we are keeping things under warps until It is ready to release.

The third is the 36in delta which is the brain child of gotboostedvr6. It sports an 18in root. The rest of the details will follow as it will be in transit to him shortly.The other delta pictured is the TLAR 32in. which id Lmopar69's brainchild but bashed into a mid mount. It is being tested for this type of build and is part of the existing Ohio Combat product line.

The forth is our slowfly Evo series and the one pictured has a 28in span. The wing area is about 1.5sqft. and will fly without winglet's as tested. Our current auw is 8oz or about 5oz per sqft. The elevon's are part of the airfoil and cut during the CNC process so no hinging needed. As tested the battery placement using the motor pictured is almost dead center of the airfoil. Lighter batteries and equipment will easily balance this wing as well as support a wide variety of larger equipment but may sacrifice a little of it's slower flight envelope.

The fifth project is the 32in guillotine pre laminated and trimmed with a color scheme. These can be assembled in very short order. The Prop cutout and equipment areas are left blank unless requested.
grumman5277 is offline Find More Posts by grumman5277
Last edited by grumman5277; Feb 28, 2011 at 09:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2010, 01:14 AM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,477 Posts
Awesome pics man!! Love the Q250. The lamination stuff looks cool. Im gonna have to try that lamination technique. Looks like a faster way and good for some decent speed.

casey
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
Old May 10, 2010, 11:57 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
The lamination film can be a little tricky due to the shrinking and warping of the panel. I prefer to install the carbon after laminating. I have found that with the film I have about 300deg is needed to avoid having to go back over it again.

There is a rather steep learning curve but I am comparing other peoples information to see if there are some similarities.
Old May 11, 2010, 07:43 AM
USA, MN, St Paul
Joined Mar 2010
10 Posts
"There is a rather steep learning curve but I am comparing other peoples information to see if there are some similarities."[/QUOTE]

I will attest to the learning curve. I warp my sledge. All though the warp wasn't bad and as soon as I peeled off the laminate it was gone, you definitely have to be careful.

The stuff is definitely tough though. I would definitely use it again.

By the way Jeremy, I got the Sledge up last weekend I still have some trimming and tweaking to do. I've got some questions about that. When i let go of the sticks she wants to dive. I've tried to trim up both with the radio and mechanically and although that helped It is still wanting to dive. Does this mean that I'm still nose heavy?

Anyway, It is FAST and retains it's speed like CRAZY! NICE wing.
N8zoo is offline Find More Posts by N8zoo
Old May 12, 2010, 06:09 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,477 Posts
Your thrust angle might be down too much. Try moving the back end of the can (motor) up a little. Keep doing that until she flys str8. If you tried mechanically with sub trims and regular trim its most likely thrust angle. Check your CG again. Talk to Jeremy if none of this works for ya.

I Just started building a sledge!! Love Jeremy's wings!!

SETUP:

HET 2w-23 2850KV
CC Phoenix 80
CC BEC or maybe Turnigy Switching BEC
DS821 servos
Turnigy 2S 5000's x 2 FOR 4S
6 x 5 or 6 x 5.5
AR6200 RX
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
Old May 13, 2010, 07:31 AM
USA, MN, St Paul
Joined Mar 2010
10 Posts
Hey thanks for the info. I did move the back of the motor up once it may have helped a bit. But i don't think its that cuz it does the dive all the time (ie power off) Really what needs to happen is this FLIPPEN rain and wind need to piss off I think one more battery through it and I'll have her pretty well dialed in.

Looks like this week end is going to be good though. Dude what do you think you'll get out of your sledge setup? Are you going to glass it? wow I'm going to be late for work woops.

LATER
Nate
N8zoo is offline Find More Posts by N8zoo
Last edited by N8zoo; May 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old May 15, 2010, 08:25 AM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
Nate,sorry I haven't had time to finish 36in for you yet. I just switched jobs and going thought training.

I usually trim the wing out a much as possible so I can focus on the other aspects. The CG is usually the first and should be 9.25 back from the nose.This should have almost no reflex. once the Cg is set you can adjust thrust angle.I typically run at half throttle then advance the throttle until it climbs or dive. I always trim the wing so that it wants to slightly climb under power then adjust a little down thrust to eliminate.