got one of the 262 pilot
warbird_cowboy is offline Find More Posts by warbird_cowboy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 12:31 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,932 Posts
That movie still has not been released anywhere else in the world but US & Canadia
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old May 05, 2012, 02:50 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Concerning the Dynam Me262:

one of my peeps had a look at it at the recent Beijing model show... seems that it does not keep up with the rest of Dynam's warbird range...

One thing you can immediately see is the odd nose, its shape is off quite a bit.
But even when overlooking that, the report I got says that the foam, paintjob, stiffness etc. etc. was inferior to what we are used to now...

Let's hope they just showed an early prototype...

Cheers,
Bernhard
Beltpilot is offline Find More Posts by Beltpilot
Old May 05, 2012, 06:06 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot View Post
Concerning the Dynam Me262:

one of my peeps had a look at it at the recent Beijing model show... seems that it does not keep up with the rest of Dynam's warbird range...

One thing you can immediately see is the odd nose, its shape is off quite a bit.
But even when overlooking that, the report I got says that the foam, paintjob, stiffness etc. etc. was inferior to what we are used to now...

Let's hope they just showed an early prototype...

Cheers,
Bernhard
Bernhard,

Can you tell us all here if your sources actually have flown this model yet?

I can tell "you" that I have seen many of the DYNAM models here in Central Florida and many have lots of brands to compare (hence the good weather conditions here in Central Florida) and the DYNAM brand is above and perhaps slightly better than FMS / AIRFIELD.

Not trying to start a Brand war or argue with you but, I am trying to put my hands around with what you posted.

Do you mean that the particular Me262 from DYNAM falls short from what we all have been used to with respect to Specifically "DYNAM" Brand or comparison to other brands?

Thank you,
Carlos
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; May 05, 2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old May 05, 2012, 06:38 AM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
I can tell "you" that I have seen many of the DYNAM models here in Central Florida and many have lots of brands to compare (hence the good weather conditions here in Central Florida) and the DYNAM brand is above and perhaps slightly better than FMS / AIRFIELD.
Carlos
I would argue that the EPO formula and or molding methods used by Dynam (or the manufacturing source) is superior to any I've seen!
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old May 05, 2012, 09:55 AM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Bernhard,
Can you tell us all here if your sources actually have flown this model yet?
Hi Carlos,

while I agree that a model should fly well, I also estimate its quality by both the care for details and scale fidelity as well as overall design and rigidity of the construction and the foam itself. These points can be estimated before the maiden of a model.

Quote:
I own a Dynam plane - the PBY - myself and love it.

Quote:
Do you mean that the particular Me262 from DYNAM falls short from what we all have been used to with respect to Specifically "DYNAM" Brand or comparison to other brands?
Sorry, I should have made myself more clear... I meant the 262 only and not the Dynam brand. So yes, what I tried to say was that the 262 falls short from what we'd expect when buying a Dynam model, no reference to FMS or other brands intended here.

I am just saying this because I guess like me, quite a few people are waiting for the 262 and might be disappointed... just trying to lower the expectations a bit

I also do not want a brand war, so lets keep that out. I love FMS, I love Dynam, I love Durafly... I do not prefer any of them, they all have advantages and letdowns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
I would argue that the EPO formula and or molding methods used by Dynam (or the manufacturing source) is superior to any I've seen!
That actually is the only point I am not impressed with on my Dynam PBY... the foam is more "gatory" and less dense then on other brands. Also, the paint finish was not flawless, with the wingtips having a different color (little glossy and darker) then the rest of the bird (semi-gloss and lighter).

Cheers,
Bernhard
Old May 05, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Feb 2009
1,730 Posts
Quote:
That actually is the only point I am not impressed with on my Dynam PBY... the foam is more "gatory" and less dense then on other brands. Also, the paint finish was not flawless, with the wingtips having a different color (little glossy and darker) then the rest of the bird (semi-gloss and lighter).
Cheers,
Bernhard
Bernhard;

I only have the Dynam G Cruiser (Cessna 310) and the TurboJet (Cessna 550) and the fit and EPO finish is outstanding. If the EPO finish on their Catalina and ME planes are substandard, could be that they are produced by a different "factory"???
Old May 05, 2012, 01:43 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,442 Posts
Quote:
Hi Carlos,

That actually is the only point I am not impressed with on my Dynam PBY... the foam is more "gatory" and less dense then on other brands.

Cheers,
Bernhard
Thanks for your reply Bernhard!

If you think that your PBY is "Gatory" then, you should take a look at my Park Zone F4U Corsair as it exhibits a basketball skin, especially if I keep her too long in direct sunlight.

My other Park Zone birds such as the T-28 "Airforce" Trojan does not exhibit this kind of foam skin.

I believe these models are made by different vendors for Horizon Hobby! and....I would guess the same for DYNAM!

Carlos
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2012, 01:59 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
That movie still has not been released anywhere else in the world but US & Canadia
It's not worth seeing anyway...

RF
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Old May 05, 2012, 04:44 PM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Re the different factories... I have no clue... might be...

Some manufacturers have their own factory (like FMS), other use different facilities.

Carlos, bear in mind that the PZ Corsair is already some 3 years old and so is the tooling and the moulds... the moulding technology has become quite a bit better since then.

However, the problem with foam bubbling in heat is a problem that is related to the material and cannot be helped... heat expands the beads, that's how it works during the moulding and will continue to work afterwards

Cheers,
Bernhard
Old May 05, 2012, 04:49 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,442 Posts
Wow, can't believe 3 years has past by! Carlos
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2012, 04:50 PM
Wilde Sau
Germany
Joined Sep 2009
3,604 Posts
Yeah, actually 3.5 years I think... quite some time, at least you managed to swap RC-identities since then
Old May 05, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Feb 2009
1,730 Posts
Quote:
However, the problem with foam bubbling in heat is a problem that is related to the material and cannot be helped... heat expands the beads, that's how it works during the moulding and will continue to work afterwards
Cheers,
Bernhard
Absolutely agree! Some types of "expanded" foam are more sensitive to the heat after the "curing" time than others. The type used by Multiplex in their "TWISTER", comes to mind for NOT being very susceptible to developing "gator skin".

Regards--Gary
Old May 06, 2012, 04:02 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
The best EPO foam I've seen is from Multiplex & Windrider. I have the Windrider 737-700 & the quality of the foam is outstanding.

I love my FMS planes but the EPO is just OK. It's kind of spongy & I guess that's good in a way. It's just that corners can get crushed pretty easy. I'd almost rather have it do a clean break than crush.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Old May 06, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Feb 2009
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
The best EPO foam I've seen is from Multiplex & Windrider. I have the Windrider 737-700 & the quality of the foam is outstanding.

I love my FMS planes but the EPO is just OK. It's kind of spongy & I guess that's good in a way. It's just that corners can get crushed pretty easy. I'd almost rather have it do a clean break than crush.
+1 on the Windrider 737!

As China Manufactures have that dubious reputation for illegally copying "stuff"; I'm surprised they have not got their version of the Multiplex foam. Now, that's something I wish they would 'borrow'