Closed Thread
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:25 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Discussion
HOBBYKING Service going down down down??? is it just me??

Is it just me or has HobbyKing service gone downhill real quick ever since chinese new year? I say this as I wonder if it is just me or is everyone else waiting minimum 1 week atleast(more like 10-14days) for orders from hobbyking just to ship? EMS or Air mail seems to make no difference. My last 5 orders except for 1, small and large have all taken 10-14days to go from 'still processing' to 'shipped' and I've even had to email customer service to see what was happening with my order! annoying if you ask me. I know they recently changed warehouses but they posted that and for a while now they've been claiming that their shipping times are back to the normal 24-48 hours.....yeah whatever!!!! Honestly how can HobbyKing expect someone to keep buying from them if they constantly don't do what the say on their website. I asked a few of the guys down the flying field and they seem to say the same thing These days when service is just as important and product quality I think a big supplier like HK gotta pull their socks up. I recently found a few other chinese hobby shops(got sick of waiting forever....) which carry alot of the same stuff HK do(pw-rc, aerialhobby, lowpriceRC, rc-castle)and around the same price, needless to say I now go there and they usually ship within 24 hours.

For the time being I'll continue to look elsewhere first and only goto HK as a last resort, I'm sorry but their service seems to have TOTALLY GONE DOWN THE !!!
jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Last edited by jbc; Apr 29, 2010 at 12:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:29 PM
Wind blows
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2007
2,896 Posts
I always plan on receiving my stuff in a month. You HAVE to be patient with them and expect little to no customer service.
Laggard is offline Find More Posts by Laggard
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:53 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
I hear ya but I can remember before Chinese new year my orders only took 1-2 days to go from 'processing' to 'shipped' so it's strange for it to change SO much since then I used to buy everything from HK but I don't anymore, only what I need end forget using EMS with them, it seems to make absolutely NO difference with how quick you get your stuff.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:47 AM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,592 Posts
It's taken 8 days to ship for a couple now.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Apr 29, 2010, 07:29 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,888 Posts
My last 2 orders have been fine surprisingly. 2 to 3 days processing then shipped and at my door within 2 days order 1. bats BSC's and some otehr misc. hardware items, 2. HK600GT and a few bits.

I still suspect the move to the new warehouse is the main problem. How long does it take to move about 3 million USD worth of stock? At work, we moved our stores area from one end of the building to the other end and it took about 3 months. I think they will be back to normal fairly soon. I can picture the stores guys looking puzzled at the orders "now where the heck did we put that crate??".

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Apr 29, 2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: have to stop ordering otehr's. LOL *other
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:06 AM
Dangerous with CA
B'ham, AL
Joined Sep 2008
226 Posts
It's just you. I've had 3 orders from them since the New Year and no problems at all.
AtTheMet is offline Find More Posts by AtTheMet
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:31 AM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
I just spoke to my brother today and he ordered some servos, esc and bits n pieces, paid extra for EMS and it took 9 days to go from processing to shipped Well I'm glad some of you guys are having luck with your orders getting processed quickly hopefully it's a sign of things to come but I ain't holding my breath...
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:37 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,888 Posts
jbc, send me your money and I will order stuff for you. LOL

Nah some of the guys I work with have had the same issues as you guys with long processing delays. I think there is a lot of luck with it at the moment, however I still believe once they settle into their new warehouse it will probably go back to the way it was.

Mark..

PS you don't want one of the ever elusive bearcats do you. I have one I'll never get around to opening the box on let alone assembling. LOL
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:39 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
I noticed the same. My first order was during the new year and it shipped within 2 days of order. My second order was a month and a half ago. I had to wait a month for some batteries to come in but then the order just sat there for over a week. I emailed twice and after a week and a half i finally got a response that said my order shipped. They seem pretty inconsistent with shipping times for in stock stuff. Only being my 2nd order I think I will give them one more chance.

They sure have a lot of long holidays there.
The Juice is offline Find More Posts by The Juice
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:56 AM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
jbc, send me your money and I will order stuff for you. LOL

Nah some of the guys I work with have had the same issues as you guys with long processing delays. I think there is a lot of luck with it at the moment, however I still believe once they settle into their new warehouse it will probably go back to the way it was.

Mark..

PS you don't want one of the ever elusive bearcats do you. I have one I'll never get around to opening the box on let alone assembling. LOL
No probs Mark I'll send you a cheque speaking of boxes sitting there I got 4 planes atm I haven't even looked at cos of existing projects, builds, repairs you know how it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
I noticed the same. My first order was during the new year and it shipped within 2 days of order. My second order was a month and a half ago. I had to wait a month for some batteries to come in but then the order just sat there for over a week. I emailed twice and after a week and a half i finally got a response that said my order shipped. They seem pretty inconsistent with shipping times for in stock stuff. Only being my 2nd order I think I will give them one more chance.

They sure have a lot of long holidays there.
I wouldn't turn my back on HK, I for the moment, always look elsewhere first for ordering cos I know atleast I'll get my stuff in 7-10days from ordering rather than the now 18+ days from HK. I'll keep my orders for them down to minimum and until their service picks up it'll stay that way.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:31 PM
Sugar Grove, IL
Joined Sep 2006
139 Posts
my order for a few motors and escs.....6 weeks now!
sparkola is offline Find More Posts by sparkola
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:29 AM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkola View Post
6 weeks! sorry but that's a joke, sounds like an obvious couple of questions but is everything in stock and have you contacted their customer service to see what's up with your order?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 01:22 PM
Pa.
Joined Mar 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkola View Post
why on earth would you wait six weeks come tell us ..can you post the order info from hk to here.... i once waited for order from deal extreme for 4 weeks the gyro price was 22.49 all other were selling for 39.99 changed order then 2days later item was in stock ooo yaa hk is more then happy to hold onto your money and not ship just think of the free money they earn well earn is not the rite word more like steal hk is not the only one
dude7422 is offline Find More Posts by dude7422
Last edited by dude7422; Apr 30, 2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 01:32 PM
Pa.
Joined Mar 2009
837 Posts
this copy paste from hk sounds like your items are back ordered read the whole post

Payment Status
If you have made payment online with a credit card or your paypal account the status will change to 'Paid' within 10 minutes.
If you paid with an echeque your order will remain on 'Awaiting Payment' until the echeque 'EFT' has cleared (usually 8 days).

WAREHOUSE STATUS
After your payment has been verified by the bank the warehouse status will show 'Processing'.
Once we have completed your order, your warehouse status will change to 'Shipped'.

Backorders
If you purchased an out of stock item, your order will stay on (((((('Processing)))))))' until the item arrives into stock. All other items in your order will remain reserved.
dude7422 is offline Find More Posts by dude7422
Old May 01, 2010, 11:22 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2009
182 Posts
Not quite sure how there were able to pull this off..... My order shipped out of Monday according to HK. Yesterday I saw a small piece of paper floating around on the ground near my front door so I looked at it and it was a delivery attempt notice from the post office. According to them my package was here on Wednesday. I paid for the faster shipping but I don't think its possible for it to arrive in 3 days. Who know maybe after reading my post here they chartered a private jet just for my order.......
The Juice is offline Find More Posts by The Juice
Closed Thread