SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:22 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,726 Posts
Ditto! Beautiful plane and I was blown away with how willing you were to fly it in any amount of wind. Great job all around. The B36D was a beauty too. I was the guy shoving my flip HD cam in the bomb bay to get footage of the nukes
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2010, 02:44 PM
ARF Annihilator without equal
Joined Dec 2008
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag214 View Post
My Avatar is from a T6 ride. One thing I do every year or so is take clients up in AT6's. I can write their flights off as it happens during a huge convention in Orlando. The place that we rent the T6's at is called War Bird Adventures.

Thanks, Damon
I have flown in this very bird on two different occasions in the past when the War Bird Airventures guys came to town. Got my souvenier video and pictures too. Also went up in the little Bell helicopter (like the one on MASH) after the flight and they let the wife go for free with me. It was only a 10 min flight, but her grin lasted for days.

Bruce
Adrians flyer is offline Find More Posts by Adrians flyer
Old May 03, 2010, 08:30 PM
Capt Crunch
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2007
43 Posts
Thanks so much

Damon:
Thanks so much for bringing your aircraft to SEFF. It was a pleasure to watch it float through the air. Best of luck with your other endeavor. I hope to see it fly one day as well.
setaft is offline Find More Posts by setaft
Old May 04, 2010, 10:51 PM
USA, CA, Martinez
Joined May 2009
147 Posts
Congrats on "Best in Show". I'm glad you were able to finally fly your beautiful plane and also be rewarded for your efforts. Thank you for inspiring others.
chrisellington is offline Find More Posts by chrisellington
Old May 05, 2010, 08:58 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,702 Posts
As one who has been to several Oshkosh shows, I must say that your airplane was very close in size to some of the real ultralight airplanes there

The build also appears to have required almost the same amount of work as a full-size airplane. Your model details, flying wires and other hardware were a treat to view on the ground and in the air.

I hope you enjoyed sharing your model at SEFF. It truly stood out among the rest, not only by sheer size, but attention to detail too.

-- ggunners
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member