SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2011, 11:47 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Phil, you'll be happy to know that I'm going to be getting back to the Jaguar build after my A-4 maidens this week. slightly different direction with it though. foam and balsa traditional construction, instead of making a mold and plug. I can always do that later, once I prove it can fly. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2011, 03:12 AM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
Phil, you'll be happy to know that I'm going to be getting back to the Jaguar build after my A-4 maidens this week. slightly different direction with it though. foam and balsa traditional construction, instead of making a mold and plug. I can always do that later, once I prove it can fly. LOL.
Hey Rich thats good to hear, beginning to think you had given up on the Jag. Foam and balsa means you can get it done quicker, i also plan to make a plug if this one goes well.

Phil
jumpy is offline Find More Posts by jumpy
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:51 AM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
Ok, im starting to think about getting the fans for the 'froggy'. I was originally going for minifans with high spec motors and esc's, but the old 'purse strings' are a bit tight at the moment. So started looking at HK's website. Anybody had any experience with these fans?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17220

Progress report on the build - top half of fuselage is glassed. Ive just finished closing up the openings that i had for retracts seeing as im now going for a dolly launch, so just now need to spackle and sand those areas ready for glassing the bottom half. Also, 1 more fan hatch to make.

Phil
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:33 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Phil

those are RCLander fans, just being sold at cost. you'll have no worries with those being used. the only worry perhaps will be finding them in stock, since they sell out so fast. LOL.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 03:43 AM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
My only concern with these is the intake lip and using it with ducting.

Phil
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:08 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Phil

you would have to cut the ducting off, or buy the rings without the lip for about a tenner each. the lip can and does screw off these fans. if you go over to Bert's build, he's got a pic with the lip portion screwed off. the out turned bell lip wouldn't be that difficult to cut off. I think it's Bucc Driver that says he's got a decent way to cut that lip off.

Rich
Old Jul 14, 2011, 03:32 PM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
Well, progress at last. All glassing done and sanded, first coat of primer going on then sanding and more primer. I can see that light at the end of the bloody long tunnel!!!

Phil
Old Jul 14, 2011, 06:51 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would ya look at that! I like it a Lot (in my Jim Carrey voice).
Old Jul 14, 2011, 07:29 PM
Amsterdam
Joined Nov 2006
155 Posts
Great, I'm betting on it you will maiden the plane in a month or two. Nice progress...
rcbrother is offline Find More Posts by rcbrother
Old Jul 14, 2011, 07:39 PM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,892 Posts
Now we're talkin'!

Looks great.
Boogie_ is online now Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:35 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,544 Posts
J...U...M...P...Y...
When are you gonna start working on mine ???

She looks beautiful. No idea why we don't see more of these!

Did you figure out which EDF will be pushing her about the friendly skys?

No rush to answer but also the "Gear".
Did you come up with a rotating gear solution? Not sure if you looked at any door sequencers but I've found RCBees do an excellent job as it can hold a set of doors open like usual, but also close a set back after gear is sequenced down like needed for the SU-25!
All off the single gear channel and can be independently powered.

Not sure if you have that much of the plumbing done yet.
Looking forward to the maiden!
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:40 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
where do you get the RCBees sequencer? is that the name of the website. I just picked up a brand new Jomar sequencer for 25 bucks. can't go wrong with that. saved myself 20 bucks on the cost of one from the factory.

edit: just checked out the website. very cool stuff and great if you are using pneumatic gear. consider Jomar if you are going to use electric retracts. or you could use the Airfield sequencer, but it only leaves the doors open. Jomar can close them, P-51 style.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:59 AM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
where do you get the RCBees sequencer? is that the name of the website. I just picked up a brand new Jomar sequencer for 25 bucks. can't go wrong with that. saved myself 20 bucks on the cost of one from the factory.

edit: just checked out the website. very cool stuff and great if you are using pneumatic gear. consider Jomar if you are going to use electric retracts. or you could use the Airfield sequencer, but it only leaves the doors open. Jomar can close them, P-51 style.
Yours may be the better bargan. http://www.rcbee.com/index.php?Page=11 they are $50 each. What I liked about them is you can request the sequence point to have them set at from the factory. I.e. at what point in the channels through, in usec to start the sequence up or down. This allowed me to use the gear channel for bomb doors also with a 3 way switch options from my TX.

I'll look up the Jomars. actually Jomar comes up with too much other stuff. Do you have a link for them? Actually never mind found it http://www.emsjomar.com/

Edit: actually I should add I only use mine with Etracts not air. Same idea though since its only a setable timed interval between the three options or open, gear down, open and close after gear down....
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Jul 15, 2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:15 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
the Jomar unit is probably a hair smaller than a standard servo. it's a neat little thing and they work great.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:23 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,544 Posts
Where are you getting them for $25? From the EMS site the Jomars are $45. I do love that linear servo conversion unit thought. Perfect for a swing wing or flap/slat.

The RCBEE is 18g, is the size of a standard servo but doesn't handle a single sequence, it handles three sequences.
So from a single channel it sequences in the order you choose
door open timed interval to 10sec
gear down timed interval to 10sec
door open then close timed interval to 10sec

and the reverse in the order you choose.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Jul 15, 2011 at 12:29 PM.