HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2012, 03:55 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
There is a company on France that sells this gear, but its so expensive. I'm betting I can beat the price if I get it done locally.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:10 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Hey Chris,

Gonna have to give that a try. Not sure if its available up here. Will check.

This Jag might go turbine, especially since HK will be releasing theirs very soon. imagine two $1000 turbines in this thing? LOL. Cheaper than two large electric setups. If its light enough, one HK turbine might be enough. Gotta love HK. Always changing the game and.showing us how.much we overspend on our hobby. LMAO.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 04:42 PM
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
741 Posts
Rich,
They sell it direct..the only other place I know of is liquid sheeting from wowcplanes..same stuff..
Try giving them a call and I'm sure they will send it to you..non hazardous product..so fairly unrestricted shipping I would imagine..
industrialpolymers.com I think it is.....easy to find..they actually stay behind on this stuff and it takes about 10 days to ship from time of payment..
One other thing,as long as it is sealed up after mixing it will not harden..like in a hopper gun...
I also have a few tricks for getting really good finishes if you decide to get a batch..
If they do not ship to Canada(I'm sure they do) I will send you some if you like..
Take care........chris
On the HK thing....,
I kinda love and hate them..lol...love the prices and some products are good..but some are crap and if you get a broken/crappy product we are pretty much on our own....lmao!
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
Old Jul 03, 2012, 11:11 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Wasn't sure if it was the same stuff when I order the 81 inch T-38 from Fahim, I'll get him to throw some liquid sheeting in the box with it. Have you checked it out on the Foamie EDF forum? It's gonna be awesome with a hot 90mm fan. Can't wait and he's already started cutting it. Go take a look if you haven't already.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:51 AM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
Hey rich, just a thaught but how about making a wire undarcarraige and then make up some vacform parts to attatch to the legs to give it a scale look. Really need to see this 'cat' beeing build. Thaught about doing one myself, i have done some preliminary cad work already.
Phil
jumpy is offline Find More Posts by jumpy
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Mar 2011
741 Posts
That's a good idea.there's actually a company that sell plastic parts that snap around wire legs to give the look of dampeners,ect..might have been Keith sparks website,,,not sure but can look if that interest you Rich...
Vac forming those would be perfect though as yu would be doing the plugs to fit your gear exactly..
I can get a scale set for my Raptor for 600 and change...Just not sure the plane will need to be that scale..kinda an experiment anyways building with all those bulks..
Chris
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Apr 2004
805 Posts
I was looking to do one of these also. (Along with countless others)

Are there pictures of this model??

Steve
SCALECRAFT is offline Find More Posts by SCALECRAFT
Old Jul 04, 2012, 07:22 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
The model is far from.complete Steve. Basically in the preliminary stages. There is a complete, rough plug made, but that's as far as I got before life got in the way. LOL. I'll get back to it as.soon.as I can. Keep your eyes peeled for.progress..

Good ide On the vacuformed parts. Certainly a cheap way to do it and noone would know but me. Probably better too from.a scale point of.view. worth looking into. Thanks for the tip.

Rich
Old Jul 04, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Apr 2004
805 Posts
On the gear. If you can make a detailed "plug" of the sections you want, a RTV mold with urethane resin as the part, would make a perfect cosmetic casting cover. Every detail will be shown with a urethane casting

Same thing I will do on my delayed deadline F-104!

Steve
SCALECRAFT is offline Find More Posts by SCALECRAFT
Old Jul 05, 2012, 11:28 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
stat building and ill finish cadding your gear!
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:23 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Thanks K. They don't have.to be a work of art. They just have to "look" like the real thing. Just semi scale with the same.function. look.forward to.seeing.whY you can do with it. actuation would be a real.factor too. the real ones simply pivot on.a fixed.point and are driven hydraulicly from the rear, pushing forwards. This may be.simple to.replicate and i could actuate them the same way. i would simply.convert an.air system to hydraulic. Pretty simple to do. I also thought of regular electric retracts, or a home made version, driven by screwjack and powered by an electric screwdriver driving a machine screw for the screwjack. I think hydraulic would have a cool factor though.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Mar 2011
741 Posts
Rich,
Did you see the YAK trainer that won the Jet Masters this past showing..I think it was around 250,000 euros invested..everything was scale,I believe it came in at 63 lbs..landing gear was a work of art..there was also a really nice mig23 "swinger" there in great scale form..
I'm sure if you know the right machinist you can get anything you want..
Did you ever see that issue of RCSport flier that had about 10 pages of custom landing gear..?it was a big layout from monster planes 2 years ago...stuff was very reasonable for the incredible custom work..
If you have not seen it I may be able to scan it for you..I remember sierra giant scale had some nice stuff..
Take care.......chris
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:56 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Chris, i havent seen that mag.

I did.see.the Yak and the Mig. Beautiful workmanship to say the least. Far above my level. LOL
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:13 PM
Rc planes having flown
Holmes PA
Joined Jan 2010
38 Posts
Did you even finish your jaguar Sir?
MrConvair is offline Find More Posts by MrConvair
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:58 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Not yet. Flying season is just about over here, so will be getting back to it very soon.

Rich