SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:24 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,968 Posts
Rich a 1/6 Jaguar would be how long in inches? & what was your original scale of your Jaguar. Yeah Rich wait until after the holidays to build your Jaguar, take it from me building during Christmas is a nightmare!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:07 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Chris. the original was 9th scale, but I soon realized that this wouldn't be big enough for my liking. plus, the pilot I had in mind, was roughly 6th or 7th scale, depending on what height you give a real guy, so it made sense to go to 7th scale.

@ 7th scale, we're talking L:94" W:48"
@ 6th scale, we're talking L:110" W:57"

deffinitely a big %$#@ at any scale. LOL
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:48 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
Chris. the original was 9th scale, but I soon realized that this wouldn't be big enough for my liking. plus, the pilot I had in mind, was roughly 6th or 7th scale, depending on what height you give a real guy, so it made sense to go to 7th scale.

@ 7th scale, we're talking L:94" W:48"
@ 6th scale, we're talking L:110" W:57"

deffinitely a big %$#@ at any scale. LOL
110" inches almost 9 feet long! Rich she's gonna be a show stopper! are you gonna use 2 90mm fans for 2 100mm, or 125mm's?
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:32 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
if it's built out of Depron, I should be able to get away with two WM400's/ARC's on 6S. this isn't set in stone yet, so I'll see how that goes. if not, it'll be two Wemo's with ARC's in there. if I do go to 6th scale, it'll be a turbine for sure. EDF is only practical to a certain size, they you have to consider turbine. even at 7th scale, turbine might be a more economical solution, but obviously not with Depron. LOL. if I want a flaming paint scheme, I don't want to see "actual" flames. hahahahahaha
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:49 PM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
Here ya go Rich, pics from Cosford of Jag undercarraige. I couldn't get any more as the battery went flat. hope they're ok. Now get that 'big cat' started!!!

Phil
jumpy is offline Find More Posts by jumpy
Old Mar 01, 2011, 05:17 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
ooooooooooh, look at that Fairey Delta. what a beautiful sight. last time I was there, I stayed with the Delta for while. can't seem to ever get enough of her.

thanks for the gear pics. that's exactly what I needed. great angles too, which again, is exactly what I needed. thanks so much.

I'll get to work on her as soon as I can. just waiting to find the right house to move into, so I can have my own space. hopefully over the next month or two, we'll move and I'll start where I left off. either way, it'll be done by the end of summer at the very latest, even if it means I will build a Depron/balsa frame till I get the space to do a proper mold job.

Rich
Old Mar 02, 2011, 03:21 AM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
Your welcome. Good luck with the move, they say moving can be one of the most stressfull things to do. Ooh i'd love my own space instead of dinning table!!

Phil
jumpy is offline Find More Posts by jumpy
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:13 AM
James L
Beck Row Mildenhall
Joined Mar 2009
811 Posts
So Rich how is your Jaguar coming along is it purring or a gritted teeth situation?
TANGOSIERRAROM is online now Find More Posts by TANGOSIERRAROM
Old Jun 16, 2011, 01:30 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
right now, it's flying season, so I'm scampering to get my WOT4 finished and I just finished a 64mm A-4 to fly. once the WOT4 is finished (hopefully next week), I'll be getting back to the Jag build. I think I'm going to do a built fuselage instead of making a mold, since I can always do that later. I just want to see this thing get in the air. I'm also thinking about a single Stumax fan instead of twins. I'll see where the build goes first and decide as I go.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:00 PM
sjd
My scratchbuild flew!!!
Australia, NSW, Barden Ridge
Joined Mar 2012
88 Posts
Hello all, any updates on this build???
sjd is offline Find More Posts by sjd
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:52 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Nothing lately. Too busy at work unfortunately. I'll get back at it sometime in September. Perhaps sooner.

Rich
Old Jul 03, 2012, 06:33 AM
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
705 Posts
You better tighten up and get back to it!!!
I simply love this airframe and incredible undercarriage!!just a bad a** bomber!!
The vids of this think taking off and landing over rough terrain is stunning!!
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
Old Jul 03, 2012, 12:54 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I'm hoping to replicate those takeoffs. LOL

This thing will get done. That's a promise. It's too cool.to let it go. Just really worried about the gear. I don't have the tools or the skills to get it done. Stick leg gear would be a real shame on a plane like this.
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:45 PM
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
705 Posts
You've got that right Rich!!
Since it's big I know you are going to go as scale as humanly possible and there's no way you can scimp on those fabulous set of legs...
The biggest lady I would ever say had a sexy set of legs...
*grinning the whole time I/was typing*
Rich have you tried the styrospray yet?
I know you mentioned another 1 part system that's similar..
You really need to give the SS a try..A 1 quart kit will cover 4 or 5 70mm planes..
It makes the skin incredibly strong when cured..places like on thin corners where the depron wears out you can cover top and bottom and its like plywood..lol...really like thick plastic..you can sand it with electric sanders...(,vibrating/occilating)
Stuff makes a depron plane into a whole new beast..damage resistance and foam tear resistance is increased 10 fold..I think you would like it a lot...I've covered all my foamies now except the micros of course....

On those retracts,,I'm guessing you will have to get a custom job..for that jet it/would be worth the investment and I cannot say that about too many....
Take care.......chris
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:53 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Hey Chris,

Gonna have to give that a try. Not sure if its available up here. Will check.

This Jag might go turbine, especially since HK will be releasing theirs very soon. imagine two $1000 turbines in this thing? LOL. Cheaper than two large electric setups. If its light enough, one HK turbine might be enough. Gotta love HK. Always changing the game and.showing us how.much we overspend on our hobby. LMAO.