HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2010, 02:41 AM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
And there off!! Nice to hear you've made a start at last, i know i cant talk. Forgive my ingorance, but having never used fribreglass before what is spackling? Cant wait for pics, good luck with the sanding.

Phil
jumpy is offline Find More Posts by jumpy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2010, 03:39 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Phil

spackling compound is a light weight filler. I think in England, Polly Filla is about the closest thing. although, I'm sure there are other brands. but it's basically a PF type of product that you paste on, let dry and sand smooth, giving you a smooth surface to glass on top of. apply it sparingly though, or it will affect the overall dimensions of your plane. LOL.

by the way, no such thing as an ignorant or stupid question. we're all here to learn, right?

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old May 10, 2010, 11:38 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
found these videos quite by accident on youtube. they are from TCF Cranwell and stars all the Jaguar instructors from the base. it's a total Top Gun knock off, but it's funny and well worth wasting 14 minutes or so of your life if you watch both parts. LOL. enjoy. ps: please excuse the "French", it's not my fault and there's no other way around it. LOL.

Top Shit - Part 1 (9 min 59 sec)

Top Shit - Part 2 (4 min 18 sec)

Rich
Old May 18, 2010, 09:34 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,754 Posts
Thanks for the videos Rich! I'm shure you have some great Jaguar Build pics on the way!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2010, 07:23 AM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Rich,

I started watching them videos but less then half way though the first one, i switched it to Concorde videos, they are indeed what there title says, i bet if Tom Cruise ever saw these he will throw his head against wall!!!or will just laugh his heads off for few days straight....lol, it was good to see actual Jags footage in there...

Bro where are the pictures of that mystery Jag plug we talked about few nights ago, can wait to see it's pictures....

Sam
Concordefan is offline Find More Posts by Concordefan
Old May 20, 2010, 08:52 AM
jean-claude Terrettaz
Carp, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2000
1,462 Posts
It's like the jaguar in the jungle: very hard to spot!!
bidule is online now Find More Posts by bidule
Old May 20, 2010, 03:26 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
LOL. nice.
Old May 21, 2010, 01:05 AM
smithy
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2004
524 Posts
I'm saying nothing!!!
jumpy is offline Find More Posts by jumpy
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:36 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,754 Posts
How is your incredible Jaguar Comming along Sir!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:38 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
it's not. LOL. it's flying season up in the great white north, but in a few weeks, I'll be back at her. the weather's starting to cool off already, so it's basically that time of year again. the posting will start again before you know it. I guess I'm just not as motivated as you are, with all those airliner projects eating up all your time. LOL.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:49 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,754 Posts
I can't wait to see you resume this great build, as for finding time on my builds I find it very hard to work for a long time on any plane I get sidetracked very easily so I work in spurts & work very fast.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:29 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I can totally relate. LOL. blame it on the women. hahahahahaha
Old Sep 05, 2010, 03:02 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,754 Posts

So Rich have you cleared off you work bench yet? warm up your band saw old boy! I'm suffering from Jaguar withdrawl!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2010, 09:20 AM
Michigan
Joined May 2007
93 Posts
One of my all time favorites,
Got pics, Rich?
Scott9146 is offline Find More Posts by Scott9146
Old Sep 05, 2010, 10:05 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
on the old thread, there's lots of pics of the progress.................not that there's much of that lately. LOL. you can search it in the EDF forum, but I'll get a link for you to check them out. just to fill you in, it's going to be 100% scale outline as well as almost 100% internal structure. I was able to get a hold of a maintenance manual for the full size, which has helped out immensely. funny thing about it was, I had designed the Jag well in advance of getting the manual and it turned out that my education/career as an AMT served me well, because most of what I had drawn out on paper was almost spot on with the internals of the real thing. I simply took everything I had done and slightly changed it to match the full size. for example...............the crab cam gear that operates the full size spoilers has been copied and will power the spoilers on the model. one thing I liked about the full size that I copied and figured out how they attached are the engine bay covers. turns out, I was spot on with the full size manual, so the fans will attach to the airframe the same way the turbines do on the full size and the covers screw onto the top of the fuse and get captured at the bottom. it's a neat and clean way of attachment, but also functional when access is needed. the front fuse/cockpit attaches to the main frame the same way the full size does, so I'll be making two forward sections that will be available.............single seat and dual/tandem seat cockpit arrangements. you simply unscrew the attachment points, take off the forward fuse and attach the other. this way you can have the option of either plane, or whichever suits your mood. I like that option and I've never seen it done before on any kit offered.

Rich