Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:59 PM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
1,938 Posts
With the holding pattern getting stacked up - and my Florida schedule unpredictable at best - think the best way to start clearing some of the congestion is not do any scheduling and work the pattern one by one. When I am available - afternoons and evenings - I will switch on Skype. If you see me on and you have Phoenix up and running give me call. If I don't answer I'm either in a session or talking to the base commander. Try again later.

CaptJac
CaptJac is offline Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Flight School?

Hi Jack...followed you over from the "other" group (with my same user name). I have downloaded and read the FAQs 101, and would like to que up for Phoenix lessons. Please let me know what procedure to follow.

Thanks, Steve
Steve2Q is offline Find More Posts by Steve2Q
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,195 Posts
CaptJac, I have a question, I feel like i've hit a wall and I'd like to speak to you about what i want to accomplish and see if you are willing to assist me in getting there.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:27 PM
Australia, NSW, Harrington Park
Joined Apr 2008
201 Posts
captJac,
Great to see that you are back on line.
Please put me onto your list to resume where we left off last time.
Tony
aerotony is offline Find More Posts by aerotony
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Just had first lesson

Just had my first lesson with CaptJac last PM. I have to say it was very informative, and Jacks instruction is something that anyone who is having problems flying either a real CP heli or Phoenix should consider. I would especially recommend starting with CaptJac before doing any sim or real time flying so as to avoid having to unlearn any bad habits. Spent a lot of time setting up the sim, and getting it to talk to my DX6i. Then went over basics of CP heli flight, and finished with a practice lesson on taking off while correcting for drift using aileron control. Don't expect to learn 3D...the object of this course is to get to where you have full control over your bird in normal flight...the "crazy" stuff you can do on your own!

I am looking forward to the next lesson...thanks, Jack!
Steve2Q is offline Find More Posts by Steve2Q
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:55 AM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
119 Posts
I would love to get signed up for this. Got Phoenix now. What do I have to do? Thanks!
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:31 AM
Cap'N Crunch
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
Hello CaptJac,

I would love to get in line for training, please let me know if you are available and when and what the procedure is?

I have Phoenix 4 .

cheers,

Paul C.
pcharlebois is offline Find More Posts by pcharlebois
Last edited by pcharlebois; Oct 24, 2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:53 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
1,938 Posts
Flight school hangar open again!! Back home after an extended leave-of-absence in Florida. Was planning on keeping the school going while I was there but my normal one-a-day routine went to one-a-month with having too much fun flying. Got my own flying field foot steps from my front door so got more flying in 10 weeks than I've had in the last 100 weeks. Won't be back for another 40 weeks so stocking up for the cold winter months.

Back to my normal "indoor" schedule now - once-a-week in a seminar room if I'm lucky - that room awfully small for a 550. Want to get the Phoenix Flight School back on normal schedule again so drop a line in my msg box or scratch a msg on this post and I'll send you an info sheet on getting on the roster if you haven't been - or getting back on if you have. Start working that check list!!

captJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:13 PM
Jersey Shore
Joined Jul 2006
20 Posts
Hi CaptJac!
Glad I could follow you over here from the other site...I think they were giving you an undeserved hard time, but just my opinion...Anyway, getting things sorted out from Hurricane Sandy, and it won't be anytime soon that I can fly anybirds outdoors as I lost quite abit of Heli equipment in the almost 8ft. flood waters of the storm...You can't move everything from the groundfloor workshop desk upstairs when a coastal flood warning is given, I had to pick and choose..
Oh well, I have my trusty laptop and phoenix sim, so I have everything I really need now to continue my training...Can I schedule a session with you or are you just doing sessions "on the fly"...Please let me know, I have some flexibility during weekday mornings here on the East coast of the US, as I know you are im Deutschland...
Anyway, glad to see your talent and wisdom still getting out to us heli pilots, and looking forward to flying Trex500's with you on the sim sometime soon...
Auf weidersehen for now!
Franz in NJ, USA aka "charliedontsurf"
VonRecktofen is offline Find More Posts by VonRecktofen
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:52 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
1,938 Posts
Hi Franz - the Phoenix Simulator Flight School was shut down over at HeliFreak because my only purpose was "to sell my book" and that I was a liar and a charlatan. This kind of mentality reflects a character I want no part of. Before retiring I spent many a year lecturing in front of a classroom. The satisfaction of being able to help others was a reward that exceeded far beyond money could buy. That same satisfaction motivated me to write and start up the Phoenix Simulator Flight School. This hobby is for giving not taking. The owner of HeliFreak obviously has a different criteria.

After considerable soul searching and an extended leave-of-absence, I'm tentatively re-opening the hangar over here. Drop a line in my msg box when you ready to go - let me know what time works best for you (Mon thru Fri) and will try to schedule you for that day. You will also need to add me to your Skype contact list if you haven't already. Glad you keeping your head above water - watching the news you guys really got hit hard by Sandy. Wish we could have done more to help alleviate some of that pain - other than give to the Red Cross all we could do is watch in sympathy of the people who lost everything.

captJac
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CaptJac; Nov 18, 2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:06 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
1,938 Posts
Took a while but the hangar is open and the flight school's back to full operation and flying again. Lots of openings on the roster - drop a line in my msg box or scratch a msg on this post and I'll send you an info sheet for signing up.

captJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:31 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
I've seen a few students say you tweak some of the settings - have you ever posted what model and settings you use?
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:19 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
I've seen a few students say you tweak some of the settings ..
They speak of tweak with good reason - most of the 1st session (90 minutes) is spent "tweaking" a Trex-500 for training and maintaining
real-world physics and there's a lot of hands-on theory covered during that tweak process - hence the homework assignments.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:02 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJac View Post
They speak of tweak with good reason - most of the 1st session (90 minutes) is spent "tweaking" a Trex-500 for training and maintaining
real-world physics and there's a lot of hands-on theory covered during that tweak process - hence the homework assignments.
But boy do those "tweaks" make a difference
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:04 PM
ltx
Tech Monkey
BC, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
193 Posts
CaptJac: glad to see you're doing lessons again! Please add me to the list (new student). I have a Blade mSR X and the Phoenix simulator. I'll start FAQ 102 as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks!
ltx is offline Find More Posts by ltx