HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:18 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
oh... Wedge... you didn't just set the Yamato as your avatar... whatever bad things I was saying about you up till this point have just been erased (well, at least reset for a fresh slate ).

You've seen this then?...

SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO "The Last 大和魂" SFYDD-PV03 (3 min 59 sec)

...if I had access to a pool with a glass panel there is a 100% chance that I'd be making submarines (I have actually had an RC submarine, but the fun that it could be is tarnished by having to look down on it through rippling water).
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Aug 27, 2010, 06:44 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
oh... Wedge... you didn't just set the Yamato as your avatar... whatever bad things I was saying about you up till this point have just been erased (well, at least reset for a fresh slate ).
Hell Yes! RCG doesn't give you enough room for Capn' Avatar's full battle cry though....

I had never seen that model submarine film before....That is friggin' brilliant! without access to a pool 24 hours a day with clear water, building something like that and not being able to do with it like we do with planes would kill me.

I always had the notion I could build a Yamato that flew, (utilizing helium in bladders to offset some of the weight) ... a few years ago when the guys started putting LED rings in the afterburners my first thought was that would look kick ass in a Yamato

You would love that I still have a NIB model of it... I had the chance to buy the huge one, but as a poor, just out of college student I settled for the smaller one.....

http://www.animecollectibles.com/acn...eship%20Yamato

As one of the first stateside Anime I had ever seen it was awesome! great story, and the best space ship ever......

I may have to fly to Japan to see this if it doesn't come stateside.... I could care less if I understand one word of it as long as I can see it come to screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqCMz...eature=related

You can see the relaunch of "web comics" but nothing beats securing the DVDs
http://www.starblazers.com/departmen...ge_id=126#wc01
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Last edited by wedgewing; Aug 27, 2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 09:32 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
the Macross/Robotech series was at least 5x better, but still, star blazers be dang fine indeed
Old Aug 27, 2010, 09:58 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
the Macross/Robotech series was at least 5x better, but still, star blazers be dang fine indeed
Hmmmmmm...... I will have to check that out
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:02 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,687 Posts
The submarine is darn cool alright, but like you guys said finding a place to play would be tough. I don't know how you guys find this sht.
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Last edited by i love nachos; Aug 27, 2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:01 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgewing View Post
Hmmmmmm...... I will have to check that out
you can lap up the gist of it with a couple of animated movies, but the series was where the real awesomeness was... longest continual story arcs you'll ever see in an animated series. There are a few japanese animated series that have the awesome long stories... even as a kid I always wondered why these shows could have such awesomely rich detailed stories while other cartoons had to stop and restart every freak'n episode. Happily Robotech got the awesome bigass-robots-that-transform-into-planes thing and married it with quality story telling.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 11:51 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Anyone interested in flying at the Akron/Canton field at 10am? I have a 9 hour drive back to richmond. So I can't stay past noon.

-mike
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Aug 28, 2010, 11:58 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Just sent you a text with address. So we keep it off here

I may be there by 930
Old Aug 28, 2010, 02:53 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Dabbler View Post
Anyone interested in flying at the Akron/Canton field at 10am? I have a 9 hour drive back to richmond. So I can't stay past noon.

-mike
I will be there around 8
i will walk the dogs 1st. so around 9 I will start flying
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Aug 29, 2010, 07:24 AM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,687 Posts
Have fun guys. Only have a few things left to move, and that of my airplanes. Then I will feel complete
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:57 PM
Enjoying the nice weather
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,654 Posts
just a note. make sure the battery you install in plane is a charged battery. I gave my plane to Wedgewing to help with some mixes. he asked me if it was the same battery as the previous battery. i said same as the other. he flew for 1 min. and all of a sudden he says " No power" and it went down. landed in 2 feet of weeds. he flared up at last second. perfect weed landing. No harm to plane. hurt him a little. till i checked cells on battery when we got back out of the weeds. I installed the same UN-charged battery i just took out of the plane. I will be razzed for a long time about this.
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:21 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Haha.... all you wanted was to make it an interesting flight for me..... all good...had I run through the option that you gave me a dead battery earlier I might have mad it back to the landing pad.....my bad thinking it was the wind or whimpy motor...all good though and you have some nice ragweed to put it into for the save

it flies nice... I probably caused more damage doing nose stands on it on the normal landings

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister782 View Post
just a note. make sure the battery you install in plane is a charged battery. I gave my plane to Wedgewing to help with some mixes. he asked me if it was the same battery as the previous battery. i said same as the other. he flew for 1 min. and all of a sudden he says " No power" and it went down. landed in 2 feet of weeds. he flared up at last second. perfect weed landing. No harm to plane. hurt him a little. till i checked cells on battery when we got back out of the weeds. I installed the same UN-charged battery i just took out of the plane. I will be razzed for a long time about this.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:31 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
Had a great time today guys - thanks to all for coming out! Nick, finish the move thing will ya
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:31 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
then there is this......

still going through my mind how coming out of a smooth transitional move and doing a nice roll south to north into inverted would ever be enough to overload a AR7000.......short answer...it is not....we will know on Wednesday when I get my castle link back from Nick to do a diagnosis on power (if it will even show that)...

Just played knock-knock with the aileron all the way as it plunged inverted....

Finally got an answer 20' off the deck and some how got it flat.....

of all my planes this plane flies the sweetest....now I have the friggin fun of a LG plate rebuild.... going to have to place an order for pants as they got cooked in the process of them exacting vengeance on the bottom of my wings... that is the easiest part of the repair

sucks when the crash is neither dumb thumb, or related to something controllable...

Hahaha.....now I sound like all the other guys...... I had witnesses though :-).......I think I am now on the A9 or FU-Fighter bandwagon soon
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:39 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
It was great flying with you guys. I will see you guys in a couple of weeks at Ohio Huckfest.

How many of you are going? I will only be there Saturday.
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler