HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wedgewing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 06:58 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
..............waiting for video................hint, hint........
soon

Have to convert the MPEG-4 into something that will work :-)

probably in the AM.....

from what I can see so far they came out excellent. I want to keep them in HD if possible
wedgewing is offline Find More Posts by wedgewing
Last edited by wedgewing; Aug 22, 2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:42 PM
nov
Garage sale junkie
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Joined Sep 2008
507 Posts
I will wait for the HD
nov is offline Find More Posts by nov
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:03 PM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
You are going to have to hit your carrot with regular quality because even i can't wait for 10 hours :-(

POS computer... I built it nice back in the day... But have to IPad this because 100% of the CPU is being used just to convert a video to a format that is antiquated enough to work with Windows Movie Maker.

1 hour 43 minutes for conversion left...
Old Aug 22, 2010, 09:07 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,681 Posts
Man that was fun. Thanks for coming out guys. Thanks Arron for putting on an awesome show, and giving me a pull on the shp. I flew it like a girl but man it was sweet. extremely excited for huckfest now.
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:16 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,145 Posts
Thanks for the fun day out guys! ...it certainly accomplished what I was intending to get from it (flying for a crowd), many thanks.

Trip home became 5 hours long due to I80 being single lane for a lot of the way... but still a worthy day trip in all.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Aug 22, 2010, 10:42 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Thanks for the fun day out guys! ...it certainly accomplished what I was intending to get from it (flying for a crowd), many thanks.

Trip home became 5 hours long due to I80 being single lane for a lot of the way... but still a worthy day trip in all.
oooo ouch. That sucks. Glad everyone made it home.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:14 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Thanks for the invite to the club today. That was awesome to see Arron and Jamie Hicks fly in person. Thanks a ton for making the trip Arron!

Here are some photos that I posted in the other thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=19900
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=19903
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=19906
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=19910

Arron, additional thanks for diagnosing my 47" Edge issue. I thought it might be tail heavy but was not sure. I didn't notice the edge page had recommended bigger packs (2650's) than the 2200's that I am flying in it.

I ordered the Omega 130 as well this evening. Hopefully that has more grunt. I usually buy the lower power of the 3DHS recommended motors and usually they fly fine but I wind up liking the higher power ones better.

So, with those 2 fixes that should get the plane where I like it.
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:17 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
If any of you guys want to fly Sunday morning August 29th, I am available. The Akron /Canton site would be the best for me if you guys are up for it. Right after that we will pull out of town for our 9 hour drive back home.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:26 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
big thanks guys

Wow, that was a blast!

Thanks again to all of you for making it out there.. The weather looked iffy, but even with some spotty rain no planes got chucked in the car....some where chucked in the corn, or ground but it was a blast

I can't begin to tell you how far that event "evolved" our club..... Where we expected some push back (as seen at other clubs like Columbus) to this type of hi-jinx flying... and a bunch of guys rolling in taking away from members flying... we saw none of it

Al Mixter, the club president has become a big 3DHS fan and even Chip, our VP had very complimentary things to say about the entire group. I can easily see Chip flying a big-azz 3DHS bird someday, and even going to the dark side and flying one of the electrics (I can dream can't I?). What went over big with Chip was seeing an IC powered plane do everything an electric could do... I was talking with some club members while Arron was flying and many couldn't believe that a DLE55 was throwing that plane around like that so quietly... "That plane has got to be so light!" is what I kept hearing .

Hell, that even removed some of my misconceptions about IC powered planes.... I thought they would not respond as quickly as their electric brethren. I am so used to guys flying it around like a milk truck.....now I am definitely hooked

Huge thanks to Arron for driving out and hanging with us mortals while at the same time putting on some of the best flying I have ever seen you do (even with the electrics)... coming out of that blender jazz 5 feet above the corn was beyond cool

ditto on the help with the planes......

as for Sunday, I am making plans for it
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:34 AM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,681 Posts
The Prsident Al said he would like to do a 3DHS day once a year. I texted Ben and he said to make it official and he would come out as well. It would be a fun day. I think there was atleast one 103 Extra sold yesterday. Casey actually called me last night to tell me he either ordered it or was just about to order it. (I think he has a thing for me)
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:37 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
he puts his arms on everyone's shoulders and speaks closely... thats his southern charm :-)

hey man, that's awesome if you land some graphics out of it as well
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:42 AM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,681 Posts
You can ask Arron, when he left, his hand was on the back of my hand and I got the Uh Oh feeling that I was about to kiss a man. (I know I just set myself up to be the BUTT of some jokes-Fire Away)

Good guy though, and I will probably do both the Yak and the 103 for him.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:59 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
(I think he has a thing for me)

Hahahaha
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:01 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
You can ask Arron, when he left, his hand was on the back of my hand and I got the Uh Oh feeling that I was about to kiss a man. (I know I just set myself up to be the BUTT of some jokes-Fire Away)

LOL

ok, here goes the jokes. Wow, I didn't know you would go that far to sell some vinyl
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:01 AM
Ready, Post, Aim
Cleveland, OH
Joined Nov 2007
5,909 Posts
Quote:

yes, If you didn't notice....and I am glad you didn't ..... he had his arms on my shoulders (except my shoulders were at his elbows) and we were talking quite intimate in a face-to-face fashion.... I just tell myself that a by-product of continual gasser flying is the eventual loss of hearing and the need to embrace your conversation partner to the extent you are mouth to mouth through most of the conversations......

if that is the case....how long has Bob been flying gassers?